Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2016, 22:43   #211
RMB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I did check with the service center during my 1st free checkup. They were not able to simulate even after a 50km spirited drive.

However this is reoccured couple of times in last few weeks especially during long drives and when my speed is between 100 and 110kmph in D mode. But i have never observed it in S mode even after driving for a long time. Not sure if this is due to insufficient coolant pressure when the engine is at low rpm especially in D7 gear while cruising at 100kmph. Also this occurs only for a minute or so. And apart from this there is no other warning lights that turn ON in MID panel.

STRANGE
I have the exact same issue with my diesel manual. The service guys want me to provide a video of it as they could not simulate it. Need to wait till my next long drive.
Old 1st August 2016, 12:46   #212
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Quote:
This is when the "issue" started. I always set the MID to display the speed in digits. However, the MID would automatically change to display the temperature gauge at 90 degree centigrade. I thought it was a mistake and set the MID back to speed by pressing the buttons at the end of the right stalk. But again the MID automatically set itself to temperature gauge and it climbed till 95 degrees. This is when I felt uncomfortable and took serious notice of it. I know that the ambient operating temperature is 90 degrees. So I immediately changed the climate control to 25 degrees (it was at 21 earlier) and reduced the car speed to 75kmph. After a few mins the MID set itself back to display the speed. This happened intermittently all the way till i reached BETL flyover. All this while the MID would display the temperature and after me reducing the speed, it would change to my original setting. I am not sure if this is a problem or its just the way it works. No other warning lights switched "ON" all this while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Hi,
Any update on this issue? Did you check with service center on this issue? One of my friend is also facing the same issue and he wanted me to check with you on the action taken to address this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
I have the exact same issue with my diesel manual. The service guys want me to provide a video of it as they could not simulate it. Need to wait till my next long drive.
Hi,

Not sure whether I am too late to reply on this. The optimum Engine temperature as per the Skoda Owner's Manual States as between 90 - 120 Deg C. Usually most of the times it is at 90Deg C. Irrespective of what you set the MID to display, whenever there is a small increase in Engine temperature the MID automatically displays the Engine Temperature as precautionary measure. The Manual says, you don't need to be alarmed if the temperature lies between 90 - 120 Deg. If suppose the temperature crosses 120, then you need to immediately stop your car.

I have seen the Engine Temperature in my Skoda Rapid DSG reaching up to 100Deg once and 95Deg on more than a couple of occasions. Most of the time I encountered this phenomenon on the Ghat section of Mumbai - Pune Expressway. So I guess, whenever there is a little spirited driving or a drive through the Ghats the engine temperature may go up a little. Nothing to fret about it.

What I wonder really is the inability of Skoda authorized service personnel to identify such a fundamental feature of their own car !!
MadAbtCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 14:27   #213
BHPian

2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
Hi,

Not sure whether I am too late to reply on this. The optimum Engine temperature as per the Skoda Owner's Manual States as between 90 - 120 Deg C. Usually most of the times it is at 90Deg C.

Thanks for your reply. No its not late😊. I havent gone on a long drive since October last year. That issue hasnt reoccurred. I will probably try to simulate it on Aug 13,14 long weekend and see. Thanks for pointing out to user manual, i didnt read it thoroughly. Will read it today. Also you are right about Skoda technician's ignorance about their own vehicles. But when they tried to simulate the problem, they did test drive for about 80kms . I found the difference in ODO reading. Not sure where they drove spiritedly in Bangalore.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:00   #214
Senior - BHPian

I underwent a neurosurgery last year and had to sell off my Rapid due to very less usage, now it's a year exactly and I feel comfortable to drive a car after complete recovery. One thing I find hard to compensate is the sheer pleasure of driving the Rapid. I checked with Vinayak Skoda a week back and they have good offers for buyers, they were happy to know that I am going back to them for a second car within 3 years, except the initial niggles in 2014 I never had any problems dealing with them later. But the question I have is since an MT option is ruled out, how good the AT version will be and what will be the risk factor of buying an AT with DQ200 DSG 7. I request all new owners of Rapid AT owners to share their views.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:51   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I underwent a neurosurgery last year and had to sell off my Rapid due to very less usage, now it's a year exactly and I feel comfortable to drive a car after complete recovery. One thing I find hard to compensate is the sheer pleasure of driving the Rapid. I checked with Vinayak Skoda a week back and they have good offers for buyers, they were happy to know that I am going back to them for a second car within 3 years, except the initial niggles in 2014 I never had any problems dealing with them later. But the question I have is since an MT option is ruled out, how good the AT version will be and what will be the risk factor of buying an AT with DQ200 DSG 7. I request all new owners of Rapid AT owners to share their views.
1.5 years and 23K on the Odo for my DSG Rapid. It has been mostly uneventful journey. DSG requires a reset once in a while due it's adaptive nature. This can be done very easily using the pedal technique defined in other threads. There was one instance initially where the engine check started glowing intermittently but was reset by the service guys. This was in the initial 2000 kms period and has never occurred since then.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 19:34   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
The optimum Engine temperature as per the Skoda Owner's Manual States as between 90 - 120 Deg C. Usually most of the times it is at 90Deg C.
Can you send me where this exactly appears in the user manual? I am unable to find it.

Many thanks.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:43   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am guessing, only one of the two. Bi-halogen projectors if there's any such thing like that.

That' correct. In a bi-xenon projector setup, the cutoff plate is moved up and down when the solenoid is energised and the lens projects the inverted image ahead.

Here's a video I had clicked when I was assembling the bi-xenon setup on mine:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ENZ6llbTGvs
Went on a night drive in the new Rapid, but the stock projectors which come with the black pack are no good on the highways.
Thinking of changing the bulbs, can someone please explain the options we have?
Can we just change the bulbs to a better one, or does that require change of wiring to add relays etc?
Having heard of warranty issues, what is the best option that we have here?
Does changing the bulbs harm the lenses in some way?

Last edited by cooljai : 16th August 2016 at 11:44.
Old 5th September 2016, 07:44   #218

I booked a dsg black package and I am concerned about the headlight with black reflectors. Any one here can give a fair review on it? I never got a chance to test it at night and the bright mode reflectors seems to be tinted black and equipped with a weird bulb
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:27   #219
BHPian

Summary of the 4 years/60000 kms maintenance package:
2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review-skoda-maintenance-package-summary.png

Detailed terms:
Skoda Maintenance Package.pdf
Old 26th September 2016, 00:03   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmneo999 View Post
I booked a dsg black package and I am concerned about the headlight with black reflectors. Any one here can give a fair review on it? I never got a chance to test it at night and the bright mode reflectors seems to be tinted black and equipped with a weird bulb
I own a Rapid DSG Black edition Style Plus since the last 2 months (2,700 km with 2000 km in the highways, more than 1000 km in the nights so far) and in my opinion, they are mediocre. I do not think that it is specific to black edition though. Although their setup is different compared to normal version, either of the Rapid headlights are not good enough, especially for highways.
Old 27th September 2016, 01:13   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
I own a Rapid DSG Black edition Style Plus since the last 2 months (2,700 km with 2000 km in the highways, more than 1000 km in the nights so far) and in my opinion, they are mediocre. I do not think that it is specific to black edition though. Although their setup is different compared to normal version, either of the Rapid headlights are not good enough, especially for highways.
I have upgraded to osram night breaker and is slightly better. I can now drive in highways, but not strong enough to force oncoming traffic to switch to their low beam when I flash
Old 19th October 2016, 19:35   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I have upgraded to osram night breaker and is slightly better. I can now drive in highways, but not strong enough to force oncoming traffic to switch to their low beam when I flash
I am also wanting to upgrade bulbs in my Rapid projector headlights as I find low beam less.

Do I need special wiring before upgrading also what wattage bulbs I can get for maximum view?
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 20:39   #223
BHPian

I checked on Skoda India website for Diesel emission fix for my Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG. My car is part of the recall. Now the question is should we proactively contact Skoda and book an appointment or has Skoda contacted anyone in this forum for the fix voluntarily?

Cheers,
Kiran
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 21:35   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I checked on Skoda India website for Diesel emission fix for my Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG. My car is part of the recall. Now the question is should we proactively contact Skoda and book an appointment or has Skoda contacted anyone in this forum for the fix voluntarily?

Cheers,
Kiran
Hi, the dealer should contact you post receipt of all the paraphernalia for the emission fix from Skoda.

Regards

Nikhil
Old 24th October 2016, 15:52   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
I own a Rapid DSG Black edition Style Plus since the last 2 months (2,700 km with 2000 km in the highways, more than 1000 km in the nights so far) and in my opinion, they are mediocre. I do not think that it is specific to black edition though. Although their setup is different compared to normal version,either of the Rapid headlights are not good enough, especially for highways.
I have the 1.6 TDI, 2014 MY and headlamps are no good for highways, just about adequate for city.

Quote:
I upgraded to HID, put the Genome HID Kit, from Skoda Dealer/Service, to maintain the warranty, but, not happy with the result.
If you get it fitted outside of dealership, they will not honour the warranty in case of issues,
Actually, I got them removed and put a pair of Philips xtreme vision+130, these are much better than stock bulbs, but, have not driven on highway after the change,

I feel, 100/90w bulbs give the best result on highways, but, will void warranty. I had these in my old car and sorely miss the illumination offered by these bulbs.
I will wait for the warranty period to expire, and then opt for this,, I had purchased extended warranty and have a long wait ahead to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am also wanting to upgrade bulbs in my Rapid projector headlights as I find low beam less.
Do I need special wiring before upgrading also what wattage bulbs I can get for maximum view?
Anything over stock wattage rating will void warranty. If you are going for 100/90w, You would have to fit in the relay kit, though there is no cutting of wires involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks