Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 11:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There seems to be a variant called Elegance Plus that gets leather upholstery? Any photos if these are seat covers or actual upholstery?

The biggest difference between the Vento and Rapid was Vento not having projectors and cruise control but has leatherette seats. Now that the Elegance Plus has leather seats, teh Rapid is better equipped than the Vento in all aspects and is a few grand lesser with discounts running.
I took delivery of Rapid DSG Elegance Plus last Friday. The seat covers are not leather, they are leatherette, that's what the skoda website says. The fitting of the seat covers is immaculate.

I will post pics of the seat covers soon.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review-img_20150424_220707.jpg  

F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 11:17   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I took delivery of Rapid DSG Elegance Plus last Friday. The seat covers are not leather, they are leatherette, that's what the skoda website says. The fitting of the seat covers is immaculate.

I will post pics of the seat covers soon.
Basically I want to see if these are seat covers or original upholstery. Is it added on over the cloth seats of Elegance or factory fitted upholstery.

Thanks. Do take a lot of pictures!

I didn't know you get black package with red. I was under the impression that only White, silver and beige are there in black.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Basically I want to see if these are seat covers or original upholstery. Is it added on over the cloth seats of Elegance or factory fitted upholstery.

Thanks. Do take a lot of pictures!

I didn't know you get black package with red. I was under the impression that only White, silver and beige are there in black.
The covers are factory fit and are not installed at the dealer level. Will post more pictures soon.
Flash Red + Black package is available. We need to update our review to indicate the same.
VIN of my car reads April 2015.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 15:23   #139

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

A big hello to all the fellow Bhpians. This is my first post in this forum though i had been following it a while.

I have booked a white skoda rapid 1.5L DSG, ambition plus. Got to check the car out in the dealer's yard in chennai. Externally things looked to be fine with the major part of the outer body covered in some kind of white plastic film.
The car has a February,2015 manufacture date (decoded from the VIN).
One thin i noticed was the outer visible part of the disc brakes wore a rusted color look. The SA said it go away once the cars is driven and the brakes are applied. Is this something to be worried about?
Old 28th April 2015, 17:18   #140
BHPian

Quote:
The upholstery, though leatherette, is very good and can easily pass off as leather . The fit and finish is immaculate, no complaints.
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 17:40   #141
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruns_22 View Post
One thin i noticed was the outer visible part of the disc brakes wore a rusted color look. The SA said it go away once the cars is driven and the brakes are applied. Is this something to be worried about?
No, this is normal. If the car is unused for a longer duration, a thin coat of rust appears over the surface of the rotors. Drive the car normally and the rust would disappear when you use the brakes.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 21:17   #142

Thanks I was hoping it was not an issue.

Here is the split up for my skoda rapid 1.5 DSG from the purchase order. I have paid a booking amount of 20000 and waiting for the loan to be sanctioned.

Ex showroom - 1102254
Insurance - Free
Skoda extended warranty (+3 years ) - 27130
Registration - 178474
floor mat - free
mud flap - 1000
Corporate discount - Excl 5000
Tom Tom navigation - Free

Total damage - 13,03858

I am not sure if this is the normal discount offered or it is because this specific car has been sitting in the lot from february. There is also a toffee brown for the same price but I have decided to go with the white. Any thoughts on the price from fellow BHPians appreciated.
Old 28th April 2015, 22:10   #143
Senior - BHPian

The deal is very good. Are you sure that they are offering 3 year extended warranty on MY 15 cars ? I was told that 3 year extended warranty was available only for MY 14 cars cars under Skoda 5+5 scheme. I was offered only 2 year extended warranty.

Please verify the same since ambition plus variant is discontinued. The revised variants are Ambition , Elegance and Elegance Plus.

Last edited by F150 : 28th April 2015 at 22:14.
Old 28th April 2015, 22:27   #144

They have given it in writing in the purchase order. Have to wait for the original invoicing to be doubly sure. The cost for 2 year extended warranty was around 19k i guess.
There was some confusion around the cost for this warranty. The said the cost has changed from last month and gave this current cost.

The variant is ambition plus. That is the starting trim for the DSG version. Compared to elegance it misses out on climate control, projector head lamps and the new alloy wheels. It does come with alloys albeit the one which used to come in the previous year variants.
Old 28th April 2015, 22:34   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The deal is very good. Are you sure that they are offering 3 year extended warranty on MY 15 cars ? I was told that 3 year extended warranty was available only for MY 14 cars cars under Skoda 5+5 scheme. I was offered only 2 year extended warranty.

Please verify the same since ambition plus variant is discontinued. The revised variants are Ambition , Elegance and Elegance Plus.
I was offered only 2 year extended warranty on my 2014 make. Also this is given by ICICI Lombard.
Old 28th April 2015, 22:41   #146

The sales guy mentioned that the insurance will have to be taken with bajaj allianz if i am going for the extended warranty. I don't see any issue with that as of now. Let me see if they throw any surprises at the time of finalizing the deal.

It is also possible that they have started giving 3 year extended warranty recently. I will keep everyone posted on the developments.
Old 28th April 2015, 22:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I was offered only 2 year extended warranty on my 2014 make. Also this is given by ICICI Lombard.
Which variant is yours ? Elegance I suppose. You should get 3 yr extended warranty. I will verify with my SA tomorrow.

Mine is April 2015 made and extended warranty is only for 2 yrs with Bajaj Allianz.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:29   #148
BHPian

Test drove the Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG today.
Had huge expectations but was kind of disappointed. I have driven the POLO GT TSi before and expected similar experience but with better performance (High torque).
Note: I absolutely enjoyed the GT TSI.

Unfortunately,for rapid, I felt that the gearbox is not able to adapt well with the diesel motor. The shifts felt a little jerky at times and I got a feeling that the car was not in the right gear most of the time somehow. The S mode felt like overkill where the motor was just too strained. 1.2 TSi on the other hand transformed in the S mode(Amazingly).
The car i drove was fairly new with 1500 Kms on the ODO and was in good condition. Another negative was that the D2 gear was extremely short and the car did not pick up at all until it shifted to 3rd after which it surges forward. Dont get me wrong, the engine performance was very good its just that I felt the DSG was not adding too much to the whole experience.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 16:56   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Anyone got call from Skoda for firmware update? yesterday they took my car and updated the same, don't know how to verify it, but sure there's a change is cars character, it's more peppy, 2nd gear is improved a lot no more struggling at low speed, breaks are having more bites, not sure how firmware upgrade improved the breaks as well.
I got the call today. They will pickup the car tomorrow. It supposedly a 'software upgrade' and 24 point checkup. The lady who called did not know what the upgrade does and said the service manager will call back with details.
Old 29th April 2015, 21:00   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Test drove the Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG today.
Had huge expectations but was kind of disappointed. I have driven the POLO GT TSi before and expected similar experience but with better performance (High torque).
Note: I absolutely enjoyed the GT TSI.

Unfortunately,for rapid, I felt that the gearbox is not able to adapt well with the diesel motor. The shifts felt a little jerky at times and I got a feeling that the car was not in the right gear most of the time somehow. The S mode felt like overkill where the motor was just too strained. 1.2 TSi on the other hand transformed in the S mode(Amazingly).
The car i drove was fairly new with 1500 Kms on the ODO and was in good condition. Another negative was that the D2 gear was extremely short and the car did not pick up at all until it shifted to 3rd after which it surges forward. Dont get me wrong, the engine performance was very good its just that I felt the DSG was not adding too much to the whole experience.
My experience is completely different. DSG + Diesel is fantastic combo and the gearbox keeps the engine in the turbo zone most of the time. Obviously diesel engines don't like to the thrashed and they are at their best in their torque zone. Tsi is the exact opposite so no point in comparison.
The only grouse is that it doesn't downshift as quickly but a tap on the accelerator is all that is required to let the DSG know to downshift.

All the above is for D mode. I haven't tried S mode so far.

Last edited by F150 : 29th April 2015 at 21:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks