Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 01:08   #151
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The covers are factory fit and are not installed at the dealer level. Will post more pictures soon.
Flash Red + Black package is available. We need to update our review to indicate the same.
VIN of my car reads April 2015.
Congratulations!

Pictures of the seats are eagerly awaited. Please also check if its a cover or is it the seat fabric itself.

Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 13:09   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I got the call today. They will pickup the car tomorrow. It supposedly a 'software upgrade' and 24 point checkup. The lady who called did not know what the upgrade does and said the service manager will call back with details.
Update after the free 'software upgrade' done voluntarily by Skoda. Not sure what the upgrade did but he car is very responsive. Had a grin on my face driving it to work this morning. Definitely peppier and more pleasurable than before.

Mine is a DSG and did about 1500 kms so far. The gear shifts are much more seamless now and a slightly heavier foot makes the car fly now.
Old 4th May 2015, 14:35   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update after the free 'software upgrade' done voluntarily by Skoda. Not sure what the upgrade did but he car is very responsive. Had a grin on my face driving it to work this morning. Definitely peppier and more pleasurable than before.

Mine is a DSG and did about 1500 kms so far. The gear shifts are much more seamless now and a slightly heavier foot makes the car fly now.
Called my SA, it seems my April 2015 Rapid already has the update.
Old 4th May 2015, 15:17   #154
BHPian

Quote:

I have a March 2015 elegance plus DSG. But i havent got any call yet for software upgrade. Is there any particular criteria based on which they call?

Quote:
Which variant is yours ? Elegance I suppose. You should get 3 yr extended warranty. I will verify with my SA tomorrow.

Mine is April 2015 made and extended warranty is only for 2 yrs with Bajaj Allianz.

Even my SA has told only about 2yrs extended warranty from bajaj allianz. I ll check with him if there exists a 3yrs extended warranty or not. Its better to take 3yrs one to be on safer side. However i have not taken the extended warranty yet. Intend to take it by next month.
Old 6th May 2015, 20:18   #155
Team-BHP Support

In the black edition, the headlights are blackened out. I see that the headlight has one projector for low beam and regular reflector for high beam. But the black edition has even the reflector blackened out. How is that?

Am I seeing it wrong? Is the projector dual beam i.e. high and low beam projectors? Then what is that other reflector?

In the non black editions it looks like a proper high beam headlight.

Can someone with black edition please try high beam and see when that reflector light turns on.
Old 6th May 2015, 21:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Am I seeing it wrong? Is the projector dual beam i.e. high and low beam projectors? Then what is that other reflector?
Of what i remember from my test drive of the black edition Rapid last month, the projectors are bi-xenon type (dual beam projectors).
Do not think Skoda qould dare to blacken the complete headlamp if one of the compartment is for high beam reflector.
Old 6th May 2015, 21:29   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In the black edition, the headlights are blackened out. I see that the headlight has one projector for low beam and regular reflector for high beam. But the black edition has even the reflector blackened out. How is that?

In the non black editions it looks like a proper high beam headlight.

Can someone with black edition please try high beam and see when that reflector light turns on.
Viddy, for the black edition, the projector houses the halogen bulb which does duty for both low and high beam. The reflector adjacent to it is housing the W5W bulb (in a blue shade) for the parking light or at least going by some of the high-res. snaps, that's what I could make out.

Have a look at these:

2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review-skoda-rapid-dsg_details-19.jpg

2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review-20150129_104219_hdr1.jpg

The older projector headlamps with the chrome reflectors inside had a dedicated bulb for the high beam in the adjacent reflector slot (in addition to the W5W parking light bulb) as explained by the BHPian here. Here's the snap of it:

2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review-new2014skodarapidprojectorheadlights2.jpg

Hope this is in order.
Old 6th May 2015, 21:45   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Viddy, for the black edition, the projector houses the halogen bulb which does duty for both low and high beam. The reflector adjacent to it is housing the W5W bulb (in a blue shade) for the parking light or at least going by some of the high-res. snaps, that's what I could make out.

Have a look at these:

Attachment 1367685

Attachment 1367686

The older projector headlamps with the chrome reflectors inside had a dedicated bulb for the high beam in the adjacent reflector slot (in addition to the W5W parking light bulb) as explained by the BHPian here. Here's the snap of it:

Attachment 1367687

Hope this is in order.
Looks to be the same in new Rapid also as per this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...xperience.html (My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience)

That leads me to the question, which one is better? They changed the complete headlight illumination design between variants.

In the non black edition as per the last photo in charansuki's thread, you can have high and low beam on at the same time i.e. low beam projectors and high beam reflectors.

What happens in the black edition? Only low or high or is it still possible to have both?

As far as I know inside projectors there is a metal cap that flips between high and low beam.
Old 6th May 2015, 22:16   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What happens in the black edition? Only low or high or is it still possible to have both?

As far as I know inside projectors there is a metal cap that flips between high and low beam.
Yup its only a metal shield that moves up when high beam is selected. So brightness does not really increase, but the area of illumination does.

I think the beams on the normal Rapid with projectors will be better. Of course put xenons into the black edition lights and it will be a different story.
Old 6th May 2015, 22:38   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am guessing, only one of the two. Bi-halogen projectors if there's any such thing like that.

Quote:
That' correct. In a bi-xenon projector setup, the cutoff plate is moved up and down when the solenoid is energised and the lens projects the inverted image ahead.

Here's a video I had clicked when I was assembling the bi-xenon setup on mine:

Old 6th May 2015, 22:41   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I took delivery of Rapid DSG Elegance Plus last Friday. The seat covers are not leather, they are leatherette, that's what the skoda website says. The fitting of the seat covers is immaculate.

I will post pics of the seat covers soon.
You still owe us photos of the seat covers.

Can you also check the headlights in yours. How does the high beam work?
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 11:50   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the non black edition as per the last photo in charansuki's thread, you can have high and low beam on at the same time i.e. low beam projectors and high beam reflectors.

With the assumption that the stock projector headlamp assembly on the Rapid might be the same as the one in my 2009 1.4 Fabia, I can state that the projector headlight keeps the low beam 'on' while the driver switches to activate 'high beam'.

The resultant light throw/spread is amazing and much needed (mostly in highways and very poorly lit roads).
Old 8th May 2015, 13:16   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Called my SA, it seems my April 2015 Rapid already has the update.

Checked with my SA. He said the update is only for the ICE where users had problems pairing their mobiles using bluetooth. Is it true or are there any updates to engine ECU about which he is ignorant?
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:47   #164

Took delivery of the car 10 days back. Yet to get the extended warranty documents. Heard from the SA that they are ready and will be couriered.

I am facing one big issue right now which is worrying me. I had taken the car to Bangalore yesterday and noticed that the alignment was slightly off and the car was pulling to the left. But this apart I was shocked to see steering vibration/shake at 80kmph + speeds. It is not continuous but keeps kicking in at intervals. I am thinking it could wheel related issue. Any pointers folks?
Old 24th May 2015, 17:56   #165
BHPian

Update - Got the 7500 kms free checkup completed at Jai Auto Delhi yesterday. The SA was courteous and wait time was 30 mins. He took note of few issues like creaking sound from the armrest and glove box. Checked on the ECU update however there was no information available. The car was returned the same day within promised time and no charges were levied.

Issues so far - The AC flow from rear vents is very low and hardly sufficient for rear seat passengers. SA told me that since it's just an extension of the front blower there was no improvement possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks