Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 22:06   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Hey guys, specially the one in bangalore, any discounts being offered on DSG variant in bangalore?

I am thinking of going and have a look, but Skoda after sales keeps me worried.
Old 15th October 2015, 08:15   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Hey guys, specially the one in bangalore, any discounts being offered on DSG variant in bangalore?

I am thinking of going and have a look, but Skoda after sales keeps me worried.
Hi AtheK,

Skoda is offering anniversary edition with discounted ex-showroom price,1.5 TDI DSG variant is part of this offer. Since this discount is on ex-showroom you will be able to save on taxes as well.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/rapid/prices

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 08:30   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Skoda is offering anniversary edition with discounted ex-showroom price,1.5 TDI DSG variant is part of this offer. Since this discount is on ex-showroom you will be able to save on taxes as well.
If you proceed to look at the anniversary edition, please review this thread and confirm that your dealer isn't overcharging on road tax or insurance: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...wer-price.html
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:23   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If you proceed to look at the anniversary edition, please review this thread and confirm that your dealer isn't overcharging on road tax or insurance: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...wer-price.html
Had a word with dealer and the price is ex-showroom 10.99 for DSG anniversary edition, and he is nothe ready to offer any discounts. Will probably offer few thousands if I take the cheque book.
Old 19th October 2015, 11:59   #200
BHPian

My decision to get the Vento and not the Rapid is proving a good decision with every passing day. Skoda may be trying hard to improve its service but is failing miserably.

My friend's brand new Octavia (August '15) has already been in the workshop for over 40 days to fix the aircon. No proper response yet.

They make such great machines and then screw up on the aftersales. #sadstory
Old 28th October 2015, 11:56   #201
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Its been 5.5 months and 5500 kms with my Rapid elegance plus 1.5 TDI DSG BP and the journey has been exciting.

However I observed something today morning while I went on a drive till Ambur from Bangalore. Here it goes:

I left Bangalore at around 8AM and it was a steady cruise and I was maintaning speed between 100kmph and 110kmph. Reached Ambur and parked the car after idling the engine for more than 30 seconds. I took about an hour for my work and started my journey back to Bangalore at around 1130AM.

This is when the "issue" started. I always set the MID to display the speed in digits. However, the MID would automatically change to display the temperature gauge at 90 degree centigrade. I thought it was a mistake and set the MID back to speed by pressing the buttons at the end of the right stalk. But again the MID automatically set itself to temperature gauge and it climbed till 95 degrees. This is when I felt uncomfortable and took serious notice of it. I know that the ambient operating temperature is 90 degrees. So I immediately changed the climate control to 25 degrees (it was at 21 earlier) and reduced the car speed to 75kmph. After a few mins the MID set itself back to display the speed. This happened intermittently all the way till i reached BETL flyover. All this while the MID would display the temperature and after me reducing the speed, it would change to my original setting. I am not sure if this is a problem or its just the way it works. No other warning lights switched "ON" all this while.

Can anyone please tell me if this is indeed some problem which needs attention?

More details which might help you:

Car is 5.5 months and 5500 kms old.
Oil level is closer to the "A" marked on the dipstick.
Coolant level is about half an inch above the MIN line on the coolant reservoir
Outside temperature ranged from 29 to 33 degrees (when this issue occured)
50% of the time I was on cruise control set at 100kmph

Also this is the 2nd time im facing this issue, last time was about 2 weeks back on a drive to Nandi-Hills.

Any suggestion/help will be of great assistance.

Thanks
Kiran
Hi,
Any update on this issue? Did you check with service center on this issue? One of my friend is also facing the same issue and he wanted me to check with you on the action taken to address this issue?
Old 28th October 2015, 12:47   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Hi,

Any update on this issue? Did you check with service center on this issue? One of my friend is also facing the same issue and he wanted me to check with you on the action taken to address this issue?

I did check with the service center during my 1st free checkup. They were not able to simulate even after a 50km spirited drive.

However this is reoccured couple of times in last few weeks especially during long drives and when my speed is between 100 and 110kmph in D mode. But i have never observed it in S mode even after driving for a long time. Not sure if this is due to insufficient coolant pressure when the engine is at low rpm especially in D7 gear while cruising at 100kmph. Also this occurs only for a minute or so. And apart from this there is no other warning lights that turn ON in MID panel.

STRANGE
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:15   #203
BHPian

Ok, so got my first service completed yesterday at Farenheit Skoda, Moti Nagar, New Delhi. Had booked an appointment 3 days in advance however my car number was missing from the list when I reached. After a delay of 45 minutes, a service advisor was appointed who checked the system and opened the job sheet. My car had completed 14,363 kms. The service advisor checked the car for any physical damages and made a note of the scratched and odo reading. As usual the SA tried to push unwarranted stuff like AC vent cleaning which were politely refused by me! The promised delivery was at 5 PM however I did not get any timely update on the car being ready for pick up. Due to some other work, decided to pick up the car the next day.

The car was cleaned before handing over however the overall quality of glass cleaning could have been better. Checkout was a smooth process and took less than 15 mins. The total damages were Rs 8100.00 out of which major cost was for consumables. The service charges were nil for this first service. Overall satisfied with the quality of work and professional attitude of this dealership. Also received a feedback call and the attendant took my suggestions on timely update seriously.

I checked with the SA on gear oil change however was pleasantly surprised that it is not needed in a lifetime. Any views?

Last edited by abhjain : 2nd November 2015 at 17:18. Reason: Missed few details
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:34   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Ok, so got my first service completed yesterday at Farenheit Skoda, Moti Nagar, New Delhi. Had booked an appointment 3 days in advance however my car number was missing from the list when I reached. After a delay of 45 minutes, a service advisor was appointed who checked the system and opened the job sheet. My car had completed 14,363 kms. The service advisor checked the car for any physical damages and made a note of the scratched and odo reading. As usual the SA tried to push unwarranted stuff like AC vent cleaning which were politely refused by me! The promised delivery was at 5 PM however I did not get any timely update on the car being ready for pick up. Due to some other work, decided to pick up the car the next day.

The car was cleaned before handing over however the overall quality of glass cleaning could have been better. Checkout was a smooth process and took less than 15 mins. The total damages were Rs 8100.00 out of which major cost was for consumables. The service charges were nil for this first service. Overall satisfied with the quality of work and professional attitude of this dealership. Also received a feedback call and the attendant took my suggestions on timely update seriously.

I checked with the SA on gear oil change however was pleasantly surprised that it is not needed in a lifetime. Any views?

Hi abhjain,

Good that at an overall level you are satisfied. When i went for first free checkup last month i was casually chatting with my SA while the car was being washed. I was asking for AT oil change and SA mentioned that recommended time for AT oil change is after 60000kms. Its not once in lifetime. Also subtly he mentioned that due to our country's weather and driving conditions it would be safe to get the AT oil changed after 45000kms. Well to be on safer side i thought that i ll get it changed once every 45K kms even if it means forcing Skoda A.S.S. My car has done 10K kms as of today in exactly 7 months.
Old 15th November 2015, 12:27   #205
BHPian

The gear up shifts and pick up has become really fantastic and quick after the service however the down shifts have become more jerky than ever. Seems it's a ECU remapping issue again. Anybody else facing a similar issue?
Old 12th December 2015, 06:19   #206
BHPian

Hi,

I got a message from Skoda today. Skoda is offering 35% discount on special edition Garmin GPS with integrated wireless reverse camera for all existing Rapid owners. I checked the website and this is what I found

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/accessor...avigation.aspx

They are not very clear, whether this device will replace the existing/original Audio unit or will be additionally mounted on the dashboard

Has anyone of you availed this offer yet or planning for one.
Please share your experience/pictures/thoughts if possible.

Thanks,
Abhi
Old 12th December 2015, 07:47   #207
BHPian

I believe this won't replace the existing unit. Its a navigation device that can take a video input from the reverse cam.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:14   #208
BHPian

Hi folks. Glad to see quite a lot of information floating on this thread. abhi_d, abhjain & others- I would like to get a feedback since its been nearly a year that you have been driving the Skoda Rapid DSG. I am one of the fence sitters in the market for automatics. I have tried the City CVT & Aspire DCT but am not being able to muster-up courage to go to the VAG stable after loads of horror stories about the DQ200 gearbox and their A.S.S.

However your posts give me the impression that it is not actually as bad as it is being made out to be. Can you share your thoughts on your overall ownership experience, reliability of DSG (DQ200) and any other observations that you may want to part with.

Will base my decision to go for a spin in both Vento and Rapids after a green signal by the current automatic users. Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 09:48   #209
BHPian

Can someone help me with the model number for the below garmin unit available for Rapid from Skoda. I was hoping to find it cheaper online.

I need a reversing camera for my Passat and I feel this is perfect. I will have GPS and camera both. That too wireless, so an easy install.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review-rapid.jpg  

Old 31st July 2016, 22:04   #210
BHPian

In my rapid tdi airbag light has switched on. Skoda guys say control module to be changed for Rs 37k.

I am thinking of ordering online as its cheaper, anyone knows what model or part number to use?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks