Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:52   #556
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I just got back from a trip to Kodai and the car did admirably well, except for the AC performance. The kids usually take the last "row" and complained about AC.

I got a combined mileage of 15.8 kmpl - very decent given the ghat section and Dindigul <-> Kodai road considerations.
Duster made the trip more memorable I must say.

PS: I did cruise for some time - mileage drops with cruise on as the car literally "rushes" to hit the cruise target ASAP.
Should be a min 16 without cruise. Was on Shell diesel for the onward journey and IOC normal fuel on return.
Overall, a 4.5 stars for the car/drive.
Hi Equus. +1 to the rushing part on cruise control. I usually manually come near the cruise speed slowly (as compared to what CC would do) & then resume Cruise. It helps avoiding the jerk.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 10th June 2016, 09:46   #557
BHPian

Can anyone confirm about the reliability of the clutch system of the Duster AWD? I mean I've seen couple of mentions here in the forum about the clutch assembly going kaput and replacement costing upwards of 50k.
So, does clutch replacement here entail entire system replacement including flywheel etc or only clutch plate, release bearing etc can be replaced? Is the flywheel DMF or SMF?

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 10th June 2016 at 09:50.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:09   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Can anyone confirm about the reliability of the clutch system of the Duster AWD?
I have a feeling that many owner's are getting ripped of by the dealer. My brother-in-law has a duster and at the 60K kms the dealer told him that the clutch has to be replaced. He called me and I test drove his vehicle and it was perfectly okay. Today he has crossed 100K kms with the same clutch and still counting. My partner who is also a forum member has a 110 duster that has done 60K+ predominantly in Chennai traffic and it is driver driven 80% of the time.

I request members to read the thread on who to identify if clutch needs to be replaced. It is important that we become educated customers.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 15:50   #559
BHPian

Hi KMAN,

I have the same issue with my Oneplus 2 mobile after its upgrade to Android 6.0.1. Renault has no clue and I am waiting for some resolution from Renault on this. The phone works like a charm with other cars (tried to pair with a 2013 Innova and works well). Now I just went in for a bluetooth car kit (Tantra Fluke) from Amazon which works very well in the 2 days of usage. Renault is in stone age when it comes to technology integration and very frustrating to see an investment of this high does not have the basic hands free connectivity. The funny part is that the Renault people do not even know the version of Bluetooth they run in their car to even work on alternatives.

Please share if you find a resolution.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMan View Post
Hello all.

I use a OnePlus One and recently, there was a software update on the phone. Post this update, the phone connects via Bluetooth, but promptly gets disconnected within 3-5 seconds. As many times as I tried to connect, the same thing happened. I deleted the device from the system and re-paired it, with no results.

The LG unit is running software version 4.0.6. The OS/Software specs of my phone are attached. Any one have any ideas as to why this is happening and how to solve this problem ?
Old 8th July 2016, 21:15   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@khan and @sethu

Do you have the touch screen system? If so, try to update the system software for the touch screen system and see if that helps.
Old 14th July 2016, 17:01   #561
BHPian

Hi all, planning to buy a Duster AWD as in Delhi this is the only available AWD/4X4 vehicle available other than mahindras below 20L. Heard negative feedback about a weak AC, is it correct? Also any prevalence of creaks & groans over time as is common in safaris? This will be my other car along side a super silent octavia 1.8tsi so laying emphasis on this. Any other quirks? Feedback will be much appreciated.
Old 18th July 2016, 12:51   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
Hi all, planning to buy a Duster AWD as in Delhi this is the only available AWD/4X4 vehicle available other than mahindras below 20L. Heard negative feedback about a weak AC, is it correct? Also any prevalence of creaks & groans over time as is common in safaris? This will be my other car along side a super silent octavia 1.8tsi so laying emphasis on this. Any other quirks? Feedback will be much appreciated.
AC is just average especially during peak summer. Some owners are seeing improvements after changing the AC filter. Check the recent discussion on 2WD Duster official thread. Personally not a deal breaker for me.

While the build quality is excellent, I wont be comparing it with the Skoda or the Germans. Our AWD is touching 17k ODO. No creaks and groans so far.

Based on my ownership experience listing some positives and negatives. Hope this helps.

Positives:
• Simple and understated looks with good build quality
• A comfortable 5 seater
• Reliable and tractable engine boosting urban drivability
• Exceptional ride quality - Independent rear suspension
• Ground clearance: 210mm
• Intelligent 4x4 system with Electronic Stability Program

Negatives:
• AC Unit
• Headlights – The high beam is inadequate
• MediaNAV Placement – It should have been inclined towards the driver
• Driver seat under thigh support is lacking
• Missing armrest and storage options - I think they have added the armrest to 2016 version.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 19:59   #563
Senior - BHPian

Wasnt there a replacement relay or something for the Dusters AC since stock was lower spec that helped with the AC power ?
Old 18th July 2016, 23:31   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
AC is just average especially during peak summer. Some owners are seeing improvements after changing the AC filter. Check the recent discussion on 2WD Duster official thread. Personally not a deal breaker for me.

While the build quality is excellent, I wont be comparing it with the Skoda or the Germans. Our AWD is touching 17k ODO. No creaks and groans so far.

Based on my ownership experience listing some positives and negatives. Hope this helps.

Positives:
• Simple and understated looks with good build quality
• A comfortable 5 seater
• Reliable and tractable engine boosting urban drivability
• Exceptional ride quality - Independent rear suspension
• Ground clearance: 210mm
• Intelligent 4x4 system with Electronic Stability Program

Negatives:
• AC Unit
• Headlights – The high beam is inadequate
• MediaNAV Placement – It should have been inclined towards the driver
• Driver seat under thigh support is lacking
• Missing armrest and storage options - I think they have added the armrest to 2016 version.
Thank you for the pretty thorough reply, happy to report that I booked Duster AWD yesterday and delivery should happen tomorrow. Regarding AC, I as it is don't have a preference towards very low temp in car, so did a trade off against the multi faceted personality of AWD which appeared to be perfect under the circumstances.
The dealer had a green vehicle standing for past 4-5 weeks which I had been incidentally observing every day on my way to office.
This fact led to a 45k cash discount & reduction in insurance quote ;-)
saurabh sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 10:38   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Wasnt there a replacement relay or something for the Dusters AC since stock was lower spec that helped with the AC power ?
Wasn't aware of this. Need to check with the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
Thank you for the pretty thorough reply, happy to report that I booked Duster AWD yesterday and delivery should happen tomorrow. Regarding AC, I as it is don't have a preference towards very low temp in car, so did a trade off against the multi faceted personality of AWD which appeared to be perfect under the circumstances.
The dealer had a green vehicle standing for past 4-5 weeks which I had been incidentally observing every day on my way to office.
This fact led to a 45k cash discount & reduction in insurance quote ;-)
Congratulations Saurabh and welcome to the AWD club .
Don't forget to post pics.
Old 22nd July 2016, 23:55   #566
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I definitely remember seeing some AC related spec upgrade in one of the Duster threads. Could be a fan motor, wiring harness or something else.
Old 28th July 2016, 21:44   #567
BHPian

1. Was there a final foolproof solution provided by Renault to the rusting problem faced by many Duster owners?

2. How bad is the rusting problem, in terms of affecting the running of the car?

3. Have we (the team bhp members) devised a permanent 'fix' to this rusting problem?
Old 29th July 2016, 00:00   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
1. Was there a final foolproof solution provided by Renault to the rusting problem faced by many Duster owners?

2. How bad is the rusting problem, in terms of affecting the running of the car?

3. Have we (the team bhp members) devised a permanent 'fix' to this rusting problem?
Got the 3M Anti Rust Underbody Treatment from the dealer itself within a month of buying the Duster AWD 1 1/2 years ago. 3M warrants it for 5 years. No problems with rust or of running the car.

Actually Renault had a promotion back then as part of "Gang of Dusters" where they provided the 3M Anti Rust Treatment for free or half-price, I forget which. 3M Engine Lacquering was also provided for a smaller discount.
Old 30th July 2016, 13:24   #569
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I am based in NCR and looking to buy a pre-owned Duster 110 PS AWD (2015 model).

Is there any Duster AWD Owner who can come and test drive the vehicle with me in the NCR region and help me take a decision on the purchase? Would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2016, 12:51   #570
BHPian

My Duster AWD fuel meter plays funny sometimes; notice this three times. The first time, after filling and driving a few km, there was a drop in pickup and then the fuel level dropped to pre filling level. Switched off the engine and after restarting, the power was back to normal, but fuel indicator still showed less. After some 70km, I filled up again, and this time the indicator seemed to indicate the correct level.

Another time, the level dropped after filling up. In both cases, immediately after filling, the level seemed to be correct. It was some time (some ten minutes or so) that the level showed less than the actual quantity.

Yesterday, the same thing happened. Filled up, level increased to almost full tank. I had stopped and switched off the engine for shopping. On restarting, the level went down to two bars. I drove about 120 km, but there was no further drop. Filled up about 8 liters and the indicator went to nearly full.

I always switch off the engine during filling.

Any body face this problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks