Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 02:37   #616
BHPian

Hi all. Finally I took delivery of my O'ranger yesterday. The delivery process went smoothly and the staff at NCR auto India Pvt Ltd at Gurgaon was very professional and courteous. I went around 3:00 pm along with a dear friend of mine. We carried two PDI checklists and cross checked everything. Took us an hour to do that. Submitted the required papers for registration and got the vehicle in an hour. So finally I got my beautiful Cayenne Orange Renault Duster AWD aka O'ranger home. I will soon start a ownership thread. So will mention the initial driving experience there elaborately. Planned for tomorrow is the paint protection quartz glass coating for now. Speaker upgrade is also on the list but won't do that immediately. For some strange reason I am unable to upload any pic from phone as the app gives me a error message stating I don't have permission to access this feature if I try to upload any pic. Maybe someone can update me on how to fix this issue as I really wanted to upload some pics of my car. Anyways will try again tomorrow by afternoon hopefully. 
Old 19th December 2016, 11:28   #617
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi all. Finally I took delivery of my O'ranger yesterday. The delivery process went smoothly and the staff at NCR auto India Pvt Ltd at Gurgaon was very professional and courteous. 
Many Congratulations. Waiting for pics and your initial ownership experience.

I completed another long drive last week. Total of 2655km. Used the cruise control feature on highways for the first time. A practical and useful feature.
Old 23rd December 2016, 10:44   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
......... On 3 occasions, twice when my driver and once when my wife was driving the car, the clutch simply didn't move up while depressing.......Car was moving in 2 cases and Stationery once..........Checking here so that I can do some pre-emptive action, don't want this happening suddenly on the move while overtaking.

Was this during heavy stop and go urban crawl?
Old 25th December 2016, 08:46   #619
BHPian

Yes correct, during heavy stop-go traffic.
Old 25th December 2016, 09:55   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm.... This could be problem of hydraulic fluid getting too hot. Have seen similar problems in rallying in some vehicles that use hydraulic clutch. Problem disappears soon enough the fluid cools.

Check if there is fluid cooler in the circuit. It could be dirty. Or check if there is alternative fluid with higher temperature range available
Old 25th December 2016, 11:20   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Was trying to search the net to confirm if Duster AWD has hydraulic clutch. It would seem so from what I could read.
You could audio try to change hydraulic oil and make sure it is"bled" properly.
Sometimes moisture in the fluid can play tricks.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 11:34   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post

Also, has any one financed their vehicle from Renault? any idea if they're giving the 8.99% interest on the above versions? Had been to showroom, but couldn't meet the finance guys.
I got Renault-Nissan finance for 5 yrs. It was a pretty smooth transaction.
Do confirm the interest rates as they vary for vehicles.
Only thing I don't like is a lifetime 5% pre-payment charge, which is atrocious.
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 13:31   #623
BHPian

Thank you for the input, been apprehensive if the car is highway safe. Will get this checked out asap.
Old 29th December 2016, 15:05   #624
BHPian

Hi Fellows

I have a RXL 85PS bought in Sept 2012 and have some 67K odd on the odo right now. Last few days i've been noticing a lag in ignition particularly during cold start in the morning.

Looks like it's time for battery to be replaced. What has been the general frequency of battery replacement for people who have done similar or higher miles?

Also should i get it done from Authorised Service centre or should i get ditto battery installed from outside? (Extended warranty period is over anyway)

Thanks for help!
Old 30th December 2016, 12:35   #625
BHPian

Car batteries last from three years and up. I have changed them on the average every three and a half years. Yours is more than four years old and it is probably due for a change. If you are happy with the stock battery, go for it. I have used Amaron and was quite satisfied with it on my previously used Maruti 800 and DZire. My current Duster AWD is only a year old and I guess it will last another two years. Procure the battery from a battery dealer.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 11:54   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Last few days i've been noticing a lag in ignition particularly during cold start in the morning.

Looks like it's time for battery to be replaced.
Look for symptoms like
1) Dimming of the display console beyond a flicker while cranking.
2) Horns not sounding proper when indicators on.
3) Sometimes the stereo also malfunctions when battery is low.

I am also happy with Amaron.
Old 13th January 2017, 13:13   #627
BHPian

Hi, guys,

Duster 4wd 60000 service came to Rs. 15300/-. Includes front brake pads also .

Another @ Rs.6000/- also coming due, to change the accessory belt + tensioner(not available presently).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duster 110- 60 K Service.PDF (95.3 KB, 1072 views)
Old 14th January 2017, 00:44   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Duster 4wd 60000 service came to Rs. 15300/-. Includes front brake pads also .
Have you changed the rear diff oil yet? If so at what kms? Only the AWD version has the rear diff and dealer may omit this change unless reminded.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 10:52   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Have you changed the rear diff oil yet? If so at what kms? Only the AWD version has the rear diff and dealer may omit this change unless reminded.
4*4 Addict,

I have not changed the rear diff and gearbox oil till now.
Upon your comment, I called up my SA who said that there is no specific advisory on replacement of these two items and that only 'inspect and top up' is the followed.

I feel that this could be incorrect and am pretty sure that Renault will have an opinion. Also any idea when the 2wd models are changing their gear oil ?

Pls do inform ,if any info turns up. Thanks
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 16:48   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
I feel that this could be incorrect and am pretty sure that Renault will have an opinion. Also any idea when the 2wd models are changing their gear oil
I think it is best we email Renault and get some clarity on this. Dealer generally loathe to do jobs that take time and pay less. Eventually, they will be glad to slap us a bill for gearbox/differential repair or replacement once we are out of warranty.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks