Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 08:05   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Some Renault dealers in India are selling the Duster with a huge discount this month.
========
Article from car trade

Yep. I got mine AWD Adventure edition white in this scheme only. Worth it. And no need to worry as the SUV is at the manufacturing plant not at the dealer stockyard. So when you order it, each and everything is checked again sent to you in pristine condition.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th August 2017 at 18:40. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large posts. Thanks.
girishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 19:33   #722
BHPian

Hi,

I am going for my first service 2k tomorrow. Let me know what all is done. And any pointers
Old 16th August 2017, 17:34   #723
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Hi,

I am going for my first service 2k tomorrow. Let me know what all is done. And any pointers
2k service is basic check with no oil change. It will be a quick work for the service guys. You can point out any issues that you are facing.
Old 23rd August 2017, 15:20   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Yep. I got mine AWD Adventure edition white in this scheme only. Worth it. And no need to worry as the SUV is at the manufacturing plant not at the dealer stockyard. So when you order it, each and everything is checked again sent to you in pristine condition.
Congrats on the purchase. I have also booked the silver one under this scheme. Is your Duster delivered (if not, when is it going to be) and which color did you pickup?
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:34   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Congrats on the purchase. I have also booked the silver one under this scheme. Is your Duster delivered (if not, when is it going to be) and which color did you pickup?

I got the white one on 25th July 2017 and also completed the 1st free service.
Old 28th August 2017, 08:26   #726
BHPian

Hi,
The rubber boot on my keys got worn off and looks like this. My SA said the cheapest option would be to buy a silicone jacket (Rs.210/-) online. Of course, he said he would be happy to order a replacement for @ Rs.5000/-

Anybody using these jackets already ?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20170828_075757.jpg  

Old 28th August 2017, 10:04   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Hi,
The rubber boot on my keys got worn off and looks like this. My SA said the cheapest option would be to buy a silicone jacket (Rs.210/-) online. Of course, he said he would be happy to order a replacement for @ Rs.5000/-

Anybody using these jackets already ?
I have been using the silicon jacket for past 2 yrs. It provides good protection. Had ordered it from eBay. You can also get it on Aliexpress.
Old 28th August 2017, 11:01   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
I have been using the silicon jacket for past 2 yrs.

Thanks for the feedback.
Just now ordered via Amazon. Did your key boot also become torn or was it just a preemptive move ? My SA had remarked that if the portion inside gets damaged/wet , then even putting the sleeve would not suffice.

In short, he was suggesting to put the sleeve even if NOT damaged.
Old 28th August 2017, 15:06   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.
Just now ordered via Amazon. Did your key boot also become torn or was it just a preemptive move ? My SA had remarked that if the portion inside gets damaged/wet , then even putting the sleeve would not suffice.

It was preemptive. Have been using it from day 1.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 08:19   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, I had a similar experience with my previous car key, in fact the whole shell has got damaged. So when I bought the Duster earlier this year, I ordered the key cover as a pre-emptive measure and happy with it. eBay generally has cheaper options than Amazon.
Old 4th September 2017, 10:31   #731
BHPian

Completed a long trip across Karnataka, Andhra, Telangana and Maharashtra last week. Total running of 2600km. As always, Dusty was flawless throughout the journey. The only downer was the AC which was just about average and struggled during the hot stretch around Anantpur/Karnool.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:30   #732
BHPian

Has anyone tried an upsize A/T Tyre? I would like to know what is the maximum upsize with 16 inch stock rims. I was considering 225, 70 r 16. will I have any problems? Experts please confirm.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:12   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post
Has anyone tried an upsize A/T Tyre? I would like to know what is the maximum upsize with 16 inch stock rims. I was considering 225, 70 r 16. will I have any problems? Experts please confirm.
You might find the readily available online upsize calculators handy. Here is one of the better few - 1010 Tire size calculator.

Unless you are going for extreme measures like Maxis bighorns or something, standard upsize will generally be OK for AT also I feel.

Do you go extreme off-roading with your Duster? ATs I feel will impact FE and performance off-the-line for the Duster for a normal daily use. No?
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 13:18   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You might find the readily available online upsize calculators handy. Here is one of the better few - 1010 Tire size calculator.

Unless you are going for extreme measures like Maxis bighorns or something, standard upsize will generally be OK for AT also I feel.

Do you go extreme off-roading with your Duster? ATs I feel will impact FE and performance off-the-line for the Duster for a normal daily use. No?
I do not go entirely on online calculator. have used it earlier when i changed tyres on IKON. I prefer actual feedback from people who have tried it already. Since online calculator does not give feedback on road manners, clearance to suspension and while rotating etc.

I do not do much offroading but when ever i wanted to I find the stock tyres absolutely pathetic! though we have an AWD the tyres are a major let down.

So i do not mind a bit of compromise on the ON road manners but definitely want better off road manners since i plan to trip hard on my duster soon. should surely give more confidence on wet muck/ loose gravel terrain. the stock tyres have zero grip on such terrain.

also a slight increase in ground clearance by just the tyre upsize is what i am looking for.

Might add a winch and snorkel in few more years if i like doing more offroading
Old 9th September 2017, 02:35   #735
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course, he said he would be happy to order a replacement for @ Rs.5000/-
Try this option http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4251147

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks