Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 20:51   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
...I was looking at Duster AWD as my next car, but now I'm not sure if I'm making the correct choice.
As an AWD platform, the Duster is unique in the prevailing market. The Thar and Gurkha (if available) are cheaper but no match for Duster's practicality, drivability and comfort. The V-cross is a whale of a car. The AWD variants of XUV and Compass are more expensive, but they offer better features, safety and value for (that much) money.

I can tell you, if you iterate and iterate, you'll eventually walk into a Renault showroom. I did, but not for the AWD though. My only other option was to stretch the budget and get a Creta AT and I bought the Duster AMT.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th October 2017 at 20:54.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 17:51   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
The last few pages have got me thinking. I was looking at Duster AWD as my next car, but now I'm not sure if I'm making the correct choice.
As a Duster AWD owner for two years, there have been very good times with the vehicle, and I have enjoyed the drive immensely. What spoils the drive is a failure on a part that should not so early in life. Injector failure is an avoidable problem if only Renault has better quality control. How can a pressure relief valve fail in less than 1000km after purchase?, or, for that matter injectors which are supposed to work for more than 1 lakh km? Repeated instances of failure of parts which take a long time to replace leaves a bad feeling about the vehicle. Being stranded on a highway due to Duster breakdown when you have planned for that holiday for weeks and months and losing money on confirmed hotel bookings is very annoying to say the least.

I speak for many Duster AWD owners when I reiterate I will not buy a Renault vehicle the next time. But I was a repeat owner of Maruti and I hope they come out with a similar vehicle.

Renault has invited me, and I am sure many other Duster owners, to the International drive in Nepal. Today, I am not confident the Duster will reach Lucknow from Trivandrum to participate in this drive.
SajiNSalin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 16:15   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Renault has invited me, and I am sure many other Duster owners, to the International drive in Nepal.
Any idea of the total cost?
Old 15th October 2017, 07:01   #754
BHPian

Please find the attachment for pricing details.
I have done 64.5Kms so far and will be completing 3 years with the car this November.
New addition to the list of problems is whirring sound from AC. Not planning to goto service center until 70K service. As its already cold and going to remain so atleast for another couple of months in Bangalore. I am going to wait it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-screenshot_20171015065407.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2017, 11:17   #755
BHPian

My Duster RxZ AWD (2014 model) got serviced for 60K Km from Trident Renault @ Mysore road, Bangalore. I was charged 22,714/- for going through all the recommended parts replacement plus synthetic oil. But where is got shocked was when they told me, that they would perform just a dry wash and not the usual water wash, saying it`s as per notice from Karnataka pollution control board.

I checked and found that KSPCB was forcing all service centers to be be compliant with their policies of having an ETP installed. I did find this SC did have an ETP, but weren`t using it at all !

I have attached the bill and picture of the wheel arc - the effect of so called dry wash. Very unhappy with the wash, i have raised a complaint with Renault.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_0190edited.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_02023.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_02032.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_02042.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_02052.jpg  

pkirwadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 17:14   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirwadi View Post
i have raised a complaint with Renault.
I don't think Renault can do much here , they had previously shut down Renault Silk board over irregularities in compliance. there is no washing being done whatsoever across any renault showrooms. I found a local car wash which am utilizing now on a monthly basis. Surprisingly no crack down on local car washes for similar compliance.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 05:04   #757

1. The 4wd requires a differential oil change as well ( as mentioned in the manual). But I dont think the service center guys are aware of it. Have anyone of you had the oil change ( or aware the service center has done it)?
Old 31st October 2017, 20:48   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahindra View Post
1. The 4wd requires a differential oil change as well ( as mentioned in the manual). But I dont think the service center guys are aware of it. Have anyone of you had the oil change ( or aware the service center has done it)?
Many owners are also not aware. We need to find out as Renault ASS won't do this unless someone points it out as they usually do only 2WD Dusters. I have made this inquiry on the same thread many months ago and no one replied or done it.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:22   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Please find the attachment for pricing details.
I have done 64.5Kms so far and will be completing 3 years with the car this November.
New addition to the list of problems is whirring sound from AC. Not planning to goto service center until 70K service. As its already cold and going to remain so atleast for another couple of months in Bangalore. I am going to wait it out.
I have similar sound, but not sure if it the AC. To me it feels more like the belt of the AC or something like that. there are two sounds. One which happens just after I start the vehicle, and one which happens when I accelerate. May be both are same. I have 35K on odo. The shrill whirring sound is not always present and happens 50% of the time. Any similar situation from anyone will help
(Note: It does come up even I accelerate on Neutral, so ruling out transmission)

I dont like the service center at Hyderabad and dont want to go there.
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:46   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirwadi View Post
I have attached the bill and picture of the wheel arc - the effect of so called dry wash. Very unhappy with the wash, i have raised a complaint with Renault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
I found a local car wash which am utilizing now on a monthly basis. Surprisingly no crack down on local car washes for similar compliance.
+1, Get it pressure washed at a local wash. They will do a much better job for 2-300 bucks. If not comfortable, don't let them do the interiors.
Old 14th November 2017, 17:18   #761
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Incident report

My duster AWD with about 55,000 Km on the ODO, being driven from Rajkot to Gandhidham had a little incident. After going over a speed bump, the Turbo to Inter-cooler hose got dislodged and the car started giving a sound like a loud air horn being blown. Engine and ECU lights came up on the cluster but the engine was still running.

Issue was identified and my dad tried to re-fix the clamps on the hoses during which one of the clamps broke. Got the vehicle towed by RSA to Rajkot where the said clamp has been ordered from Chennai to fix the problem. Air filter box to engine hose was also found to be dislodged which was re-fitted using existing clamps.

Suspect:
  • Shoddy job during last service (50,000 Km)?
  • Broken Engine Mount?
Old 14th November 2017, 17:32   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

If it was second issue then you should be getting lot of judders while doing start stop driving.

OTOH During service this clip should not have been normally removed.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:35   #763
BHPian

This is a vexing problem with availability of spare parts at the local service centres. In case of any problem, the spares take time to reach the SA and the vehicle is held up during this time. How many days did it take to get the clamps?
Old 15th November 2017, 13:00   #764
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
OTOH During service this clip should not have been normally removed.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
How many days did it take to get the clamps?
Today is the 3rd day at the ASC. Waiting for an update.
Old 15th November 2017, 13:06   #765
BHPian

I would recommend placing a complaint with customer service. I have done this a couple of times and they arrange to speak to a service manager. Recently, two of the diesel injectors failed during a drive to Bangalore and I was stranded on the highway. The replacement injectors arrived in a couple of days from Chennai. I put in a complaint and customer service arranged a telecon. Put some pressure on Renault to deliver faster. It is a very customer unfriendly act to have to order each part from Chennai and let the customer wait for a week or so to get the vehicle back. All the best for a speedy resolution of the problem.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks