Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2017, 20:31   #766
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Last weekend attempted a Hill climb with my Duster AWD. The place is about 125 km from Bangalore and is located close to Bangalore-Hyderabad highway at Penukonda.
Though I was on Auto mode , there were no traction issues and a 2WD with adequate ground clearance could have made it as well .

Check out the video

Last edited by tsk1979 : 11th December 2017 at 12:11.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:39   #767
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 70
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hi,

Duster 4wd 80000 KM service bill - Rs. 11722/- + Fr. brake pads-Rs.3687( got @600/- off due to some service camp discount) .

Wheel alignment outside would have cost maybe Rs.400/- compared to the Rs.1100+ at dealer.

Again ,no word about transmission oil replacement.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duster 4wd-80 000 KM serv.PDF (148.5 KB, 358 views)
File Type: pdf Duster 4wd-80 K KM serv-brakePad.PDF (90.6 KB, 298 views)
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:42   #768
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 688
Thanked: 525 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Hi,

Duster 4wd 80000 KM service bill - Rs. 11722/- + Fr. brake pads-Rs.3687( got @600/- off due to some service camp discount) .

Wheel alignment outside would have cost maybe Rs.400/- compared to the Rs.1100+ at dealer.

Again ,no word about transmission oil replacement.
Thanks. Have they contacted the folks at Renault regarding the transmission oil change?

Last edited by C300 : 23rd November 2017 at 13:43. Reason: formatting
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:36   #769
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 70
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Thanks. Have they contacted the folks at Renault regarding the transmission oil change?
I doubt, mostly getting replies not very clear. Moreover my regular SA was on leave, new guy even forgot to call me after work was over....

But to be fair, it was almost 6 45pm and the guy said Renault policy was to give delivery the next day, if late.

Shall try talking to Renault rep at Cochin maybe.
jmktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:45   #770
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 688
Thanked: 525 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
I doubt, mostly getting replies not very clear. Moreover my regular SA was on leave, new guy even forgot to call me after work was over....

But to be fair, it was almost 6 45pm and the guy said Renault policy was to give delivery the next day, if late.

Shall try talking to Renault rep at Cochin maybe.
Not many AWDs around so they wont be aware. Better to talk to Gang of Duster or Renault call centre and register a service request.
C300 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 19:26   #771
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,818
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Guys, were are the recovery points/tow hooks on the Duster AWD? Does it need D-shackles to attach tow ropes?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2017, 18:05   #772
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 311
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

The Duster AWD should never be towed. Any transportation not using its own engine has to be with all four wheels not contacting the ground. Recently on a drive to Bangalore and Hampi, my AWD had two injectors failure, and road side assistance sent a truck on which the Duster was lifted up on to the truck bed. There are tow hooks on the rear and front, which are to be used only for towing other vehicles. The owner's manual clearly states the the AWD should never be towed. In case of a breakdown and RSA sends a tow truck, insist on a flat bed truck.
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 20:00   #773
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,818
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
The Duster AWD should never be towed. Any transportation not using its own engine has to be with all four wheels not contacting the ground. Recently on a drive to Bangalore and Hampi, my AWD had two injectors failure, and road side assistance sent a truck on which the Duster was lifted up on to the truck bed. There are tow hooks on the rear and front, which are to be used only for towing other vehicles. The owner's manual clearly states the the AWD should never be towed. In case of a breakdown and RSA sends a tow truck, insist on a flat bed truck.
What happens when it gets stuck someplace, sand/mud/river bed?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 07:43   #774
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,732
Thanked: 2,901 Times
Default

Towing out is not a problem. Long distance tow is not to be done because the all wheel drive system will suffer damage.

Same is true for all permanent AWD like Vitara Fortuner
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 10:32   #775
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,818
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Towing out is not a problem. Long distance tow is not to be done because the all wheel drive system will suffer damage.

Same is true for all permanent AWD like Vitara Fortuner
Understood! I was looking for the tow points on a AWD Duster, but they didn't seem as obvious/visible as the 2WD version. Hence my question. Are they hidden behind the bumpers or something?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 11:01   #776
BHPian
 
DriveTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 173
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Understood! I was looking for the tow points on a AWD Duster, but they didn't seem as obvious/visible as the 2WD version. Hence my question. Are they hidden behind the bumpers or something?
They are exactly in the same position as the 2WD. Do you have an Adventure edition or the Front Armor installed ? If yes, the front tow hook is hidden behind a flap. When standing facing the car , it should be at the right bottom corner. Take out the flap cover to access the hook. The rear tow hook is open and visible , it is on the other side of the exhaust.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 11:04   #777
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,818
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
They are exactly in the same position as the 2WD. Do you have an Adventure edition or the Front Armor installed ? If yes, the front tow hook is hidden behind a flap. When standing facing the car , it should be at the right bottom corner. Take out the flap cover to access the hook. The rear tow hook is open and visible , it is on the other side of the exhaust.
It might have been an adventure edition, as it has extra lights upfront and also some cladding. Will try to look for the flap. But the rear side, I couldn't see any exposed tow hook like the 2WD one.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 11:22   #778
BHPian
 
DriveTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 173
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
It might have been an adventure edition, as it has extra lights upfront and also some cladding. Will try to look for the flap. But the rear side, I couldn't see any exposed tow hook like the 2WD one.
I own a pre face-lifted AWD where the hooks are exposed. In the newer editions , the plastic claddings must be hiding it. Do check your Owners manual for indications. Or check the front and back cladding at exactly the same positions where you see the 2WD tow hooks, there might he some sort of a removable cladding piece covering it.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 12:00   #779
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,818
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
I own a pre face-lifted AWD where the hooks are exposed. In the newer editions , the plastic claddings must be hiding it. Do check your Owners manual for indications. Or check the front and back cladding at exactly the same positions where you see the 2WD tow hooks, there might he some sort of a removable cladding piece covering it.
If it was my car, would have been easier. Lol!

Will try to take some photos in day time and share.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 12:55   #780
BHPian
 
DriveTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 173
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Will try to take some photos in day time and share.
Got these pictures from the review of the face lifted model. You can clearly see the front tow hook in the right lower corner. So the car you saw, probably has the front armor cladding covering it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/160198.jpg

For the back , check the silver cladding piece on the top lower right. From the lines , it looks to be remove able and should be hiding the rear tow hook.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/160199.jpg
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 6010 5th October 2019 14:54
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks