Old 16th August 2018, 13:33   #871
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Update:
Now when I connected the battery, ESP lights came on permenantely. But
Sharing some experiences of my bone stock Duster AWD related to your woes somehow.

For the last 1 month or so I was finding the car would take longer to start in the mornings. At one occasion I had to jump start it also. During these start-up issues, I noticed the Medianav system would start booting (normal way of working) when the key was turned to ACC. mode and then while cranking the car it would reboot while in the process of booting up. This muted the speakers. The songs would play, change everything but there was no sound coming from the speakers when this happened.

Reported the issue to Renault Service Center and they have sent my system to Chennai for diagnosis, repair or replacement under warranty. Was given a loaner medianav system for the time being.

Got the battery changed two days ago. It had to be done with the vehicle running since I didn't have the radio code for the loaner nedianav system. Since then the ESP light came on and wouldn't go off. Yesterday during a long 4 hour drive it went away automatically. Maybe the ESP system resets its error codes while the vehicle is running (moving).

So all is well now.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 20:35   #872
BHPian

Hi guys.

It seems like I've only been complaining about Renault for the last few months, and unfortunately, my woes continue.

Gave my car for the 60k km service yesterday at the Panvel service center. It's 50km from my house and logistically the most convenient (relatively) since the one next to my workplace shut down overnight (Kopar Khairane). The standard 60k km service was done and the bill amount came to ₹17,820. Since it was late in the evening and opposite to the direction of home, the SA offered to drop off the car to my workplace (Turbhe, Navi Mumbai @ 17km from service center) at around 8.30pm.

As soon as I left work towards home, I heard the distinct turbocharger whine, only much louder and very pronounced. You could hear the damn thing spool up clearly, as the rpms climbed, loud. Called the SA immediately and informed him. He asked to bring the car back today if the sound continued.

So I made the trek all the way again this afternoon. They examined it externally and put the car on the ramp as well. However, even after an hour of trying things, they could not determine the cause. The whine persisted. So they said they'd have to open all of it up and since the car was in warranty, it would be for free. I was pretty annoyed since I gave them a car which was fine and got it back with what seemed like a significant issue. However, what was more angering was that they asked to take the car to the Thane workshop, since GenNext Motors has been barred from dealing with warranty issues by Renault. (I've heard from sources that they are going their separate ways and Renault is tying up with Benchmark Motors, whose workshop is at Thane where I was asked to take the car). This has been the latest in a long list of disappointments I've had with Renault.

Anyway, decided to drop it off there on Monday. After confirming with the SA and the Service Manager that it would be okay to drive till then, I left to go back to work. Just a km before work, the whine stopped abruptly and the power dropped. Car was struggling to go past 2k rpm and 50-60kph. Made it to work and called them. Was told to contact Roadside Assistance and set up a time for tomorrow for them to tow my car to Thane. Seems like the turbo is dead and will probably need to be replaced. Will give further updates after they've opened it up to check. All in all, an exasperating experience. Apart from the product, the company and the dealer are having their own issues and are completely neglecting the customer.
KMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 16:06   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Mostly i will be taking the delivery of our Fiery Red Duster RXZ AWD by this week end.

Did the PDI few days back-

Its a July 2018 manufactured car.
Tyres are from 27th week 2018 and i got MRF.
21km on the odometer.
Drove the car within the stock yard and put it up on a ramp to check the AWD system and rusts in the underbelly. Everything seemed to be fine.

After a discount of approximately Rs 70,000 we are paying a total of 14L on road in Kolkata which includes -
B2b insurance, 4 years extended warranty and the following accessories-

Wheel arch Cladding
Steering cover
A car cover
Mats
Mud flaps

A pic from the PDI-
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9133.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 27th August 2018 at 16:19.
Samba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 16:32   #874
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Mostly i will be taking the delivery of our Fiery Red Duster RXZ AWD by this week end.
Great going Samba. I can only imagine how the Bong Dusters must have had an influence on your decision. Wonderful match for your travel loving personality. OTR price is great, good to hear they have started offering discounts on the AWDs.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 16:54   #875
BHPian

KMan, waiting to hear from you regarding the turbo problem. How old is the vehicle?
And did RSA tow the Duster? I hope not, as they are supposed to load it on the truck and not use the wheels in contact with the ground.
Samba: Congratulations on your purchase and wish you many happy drives with the vehicle. The price is very attractive, I paid more than 15 lakhs in December 2015 for the AWD; discount of 40K and no accessories and insurance included.
Old 27th August 2018, 20:44   #876
BHPian

Quote:

Did the PDI few days back-

Its a July 2018 manufactured car.
Tyres are from 27th week 2018 and i got MRF.
21km on the odometer.
Drove the car within the stock yard and put it up on a ramp to check the AWD system and rusts in the underbelly. Everything seemed to be fine.

After a discount of approximately Rs 70,000 we are paying a total of 14L on road in Kolkata which includes -
B2b insurance, 4 years extended warranty and the following accessories-

Wheel arch Cladding
Steering cover
A car cover
Mats
Mud flaps

A pic from the PDI-
Attachment 1793751
Welcome to the Club mate, probably this would be the third time if memory serves me good, I have
said that. Karizma and alto k10 being others. A guy doing Spiti on Etios ,only time will tell what this AWD will get to enjoy. Wish you many memorable kilometers with your new steed.

By the way, this guy is super exited to meet its new brother.
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-bong-duster.jpeg

Last edited by ARAY : 27th August 2018 at 20:46.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 22:33   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Super ! I can already imagine the next set of stunning travelogues with this mighty car in background I am sure Sandakphu & Phalut TL is not that far away
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 10:20   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
KMan, waiting to hear from you regarding the turbo problem. How old is the vehicle?
And did RSA tow the Duster? I hope not, as they are supposed to load it on the truck and not use the wheels in contact with the ground.
Hi.

Yes, the vehicle was taken on a flatbed after talking to Renault Roadside Assistance, who organized it all, at no cost. It is three and a half years old with about 65k km.That was on 18th August, Saturday. After calling them on the following Monday, I was told it would be only Wednesday (23rd August) when they could inform me about what is wrong with the car, since they were very busy as it is the only location in Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai that was authorized to carry out warranty repairs. After much follow up, I was told that the turbo had failed and there was also oil noticed leaking from the turbo.

The SA told me that the procedure is long. Since the part costs about ₹ 1,20,000, they have to first write to Renault, providing them all details about the car, including service history and then Renault will take a call about the issue, post which they can order the part. I kept following up till 25th, Saturday and I was told that the order has been placed and the turbo is expected in another 7-8 days.

I've had to chase these guys repeatedly, having never got a call once from their side. Half the time, the phones are unavailable and I can get through only once every 2-3 days. On questioning why it would take so long, I was told that with warranty issues, it takes longer, as opposed to if it was paid. Very strange. Called again yesterday (27th August) and spoke to the Service Manager and requested him to follow up with the company to get the part at the earliest.

As of now, that's all I got. I'm not optimistic about getting it back soon and anticipate it will be three weeks from the date that they received the vehicle that I'll get it back. Update will follow
Old 28th August 2018, 11:48   #879
BHPian

Hope you will receive the Duster soon. It is frustrating to wait for the vehicle to be repaired, due to parts not being available. This is part of the problem of owning a Duster. Right now my AWD is running fine and I am enjoying it. Had two breakdowns, one due to injector failure and the second due to clutch failure. Both times it took more than a week to get the vehicle back.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 00:47   #880
BHPian

Quote:
14L on road with all those offers and accessories seems to be a steal. And I thought they stopped making AWD in fiery red.

Anyway , congrats bro and happy mile munching
nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 14:18   #881
BHPian

Had the windshield replaced last week, The bill was 9850 INR. Inspite of keeping the vehicle for 3 days they didn't get time to downgrade the firmware on MediaNav from 4.1.0, I went through a couple of forums and downgraded to 4.0.6 and the unit didn't wake itself for the last 4 days, hope this is it. Finally the turbo intake leak which was supposed to be fixed during last service by replacing the part started leaking oil again, they have changed the part again in warranty, have to see if this holds the leak.
Final question for now, did anyone try checking( /or sold ),what's the selling rate of AWD RXZ ? Got a weird phone call from trident Renault asking permission to evaluate the car for selling ,while the car was in workshop. Gave them my permission to evaluate,but haven't heard back from them on the money it would fetch. They did mention that the rate provided by them will be applicable only for exchange with captur or new duster.

Last edited by v6kgang : 5th September 2018 at 14:20. Reason: spelling
Old 10th September 2018, 21:49   #882

I just upgraded the HU to sony XA5000, the issue is steering controls are not working. As per the dealer sony doesn't support it for Renault and Nissan
and the dealer doesn't want to take risk. To my knowledge we can configure it. Has anyone has got similar experience ?

Similar issue while moving from neutral to 1st, but not from neutral to 2nd. Also it doesn't happen always. I believe not chaninging the differential oil can be a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Wanted to update about the recent 70K km service and the Differential change for the 2015 AWD I have.

Last month I had dropped off the duster for a check up regarding drive train shuddering under acceleration from standstill. I had assumed it was an issue with the mounts of the 4WD transfer case. However I got a call from the service guys at Renault Jaipur that the whole differential needs to be changed. They did a thorough test of the car and found that the differential was jamming up causing some extra resistance on the engine when accelerating from standstill.

Last edited by navin : 11th September 2018 at 11:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
Old 11th September 2018, 09:46   #883
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Final Drive Assy' (Rear Differential) Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
They did mention that the rate provided by them will be applicable only for exchange with captur or new duster.
I guess ads for the AWD are anywhere between 9-13 Lacs. I think a good price would be 7-8.5 Lacs since the Duster doesn't have good resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahindra View Post
Similar issue while moving from neutral to 1st, but not from neutral to 2nd. Also it doesn't happen always. I believe not chaninging the differential oil can be a cause.
I don't think it was the differential oil that was the problem. It was the clutch pack which I believe sits inside the differential. Since when 4wd was needed the car would move out and come into 2wd mode and in moving from standstill the diff would lock up ever so slightly. Moving from neutral to 1st or 1st to 2nd would require a check up of the shift link or the synchronisers in the gearbox.
Old 11th September 2018, 17:30   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Hope you will receive the Duster soon. It is frustrating to wait for the vehicle to be repaired, due to parts not being available. This is part of the problem of owning a Duster. Right now my AWD is running fine and I am enjoying it. Had two breakdowns, one due to injector failure and the second due to clutch failure. Both times it took more than a week to get the vehicle back.
Finally received the car last Thursday (6th September), three weeks after I gave it for repair. Running fine at the moment. I'm just glad to have it back and hopefully don't have to visit the service center till the next service.

On a related note, it seems pretty certain that GenNext and Renault are splitting up. The Benchmark Motors Renault facility in Thane that I visited is huge and they share the place with the Fiat/Jeep service center. Hopefully they will set up infrastructure all over the city to make our lives easier.
Old 11th September 2018, 18:11   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahindra View Post
I just upgraded the HU to sony XA5000, the issue is steering controls are not working. As per the dealer sony doesn't support it for Renault and Nissan
and the dealer doesn't want to take risk..
I remember from some video on YouTube that the Japanese audio players like Pioneer and Sony have configurations for the steering mounted controls, but these work for Honda, Toyota and/or Japanese cars directly.

Hence I'm not too sure if it can be made to work for Duster directly. But heard that it can be done via an adaptor or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks