Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2019, 15:09   #1006
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
What all aspects of the vehicle should I look out for in a used AWD Duster before I take the plunge?
There is no hydraulic suspension but I guess you meant oil leak from shock absorbers. Yes, that's a must. No more than 1/3rd of the length of the shock should be oily, just a vague thumb rule.

Condition of rubber bump stops for the suspension usually get cracked. You'll be able to inspect them by jacking the car so that the wheels are off the ground. Do it one by one or on a lift.

Look for low mileage examples 40-60 k run cars with a live extended warranty and make sure you pay for the extension upto 1 Lac km and 5th/6th/7th year.

Check air con-direction control knob is functioning properly. It is usually sticky in the cars that have a manual direction control. This would be very much needed in the winters to defog the windscreen.

Check for drive line shudder. While moving from standstill there should not be any shuddering or sticky-ness (difficult to explain). I had a differential replaced under warranty because of this.

Request a full service history from the seller from the My-Renault app or from a Renault service center.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 14:14   #1007
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Got the Headlamp switch assembly replaced as the last warranty replacement item in my AWD, last week.

The total cost of parts and labour under warranty has been INR 2.4 Lac. Also got the 100K service done at Jaipur. Post can be read here.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 19:42   #1008
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I need your assistance, I am actually looking to change my S-cross vehicle as I would like to shift myself from driving manual cars to Automatic Transmission. During this process I started checking for the cars which comes with Automatic Transmission with Diesel Engine and my requirement to have Cruise Control, as I am so used to this feature after driving my S-cross especially on Highways. During this process, on November 2nd, I did my test drive of 2019 Duster Diesel RXZ AMT. And I really liked the vehicle's ride and handling and space which it offers inside. Duster AMT suits my requirements to replace my S-cross. But I have one concern / Question in my mind especially on the spare parts availability for Duster down the line 5 to 6 years. Is Duster going to be discontinued in the Indian Market or will it be getting some upgrades in future including BS VI engine? Please help me with these questions.
Old 14th November 2019, 13:57   #1009
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Is Duster going to be discontinued in the Indian Market or will it be getting some upgrades in future including BS VI engine? Please help me with these questions.
The XUV 300, Nexon or Seltos seems like the best option if the requirement for a new automatic car is immediate.

Go for the max warranty if you are choosing the Duster AMT. It protects you from non-availability / high cost of parts etc. in the long run, even if the model is discontinued. Warranty coverage of 1 Lac km and 7 years is available from Renault. Do keep in mind that the maintenance costs are going to be 10k-15k for every scheduled service after the initial 3 services.

The new duster has Android auto and apple car play too. So you just have to adjust with the dated look of the cabin. The car will excel in all other aspects. Will it be an increment over the S-Cross though?
Old 5th December 2019, 22:45   #1010

Hello everyone
Planning to buy New Duster AWD. Need suggestions. Is injector issue very common?? At around 14lakh ORP it is very tempting.
Old 6th December 2019, 11:12   #1011
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
Planning to buy New Duster AWD. Need suggestions. Is injector issue very common?? At around 14lakh ORP it is very tempting.
Things to consider:
  • Try to get the one before the most recent face-lift, if there is still some stock left over, as it came in RxZ trim and not the RxS(O) trim like the latest one. You will get more features and the deal will be juicier.
    Auto Climate Control,
    Cruise Control,
    Fog Lamps,
    Rear Wiper,
    Rear Camera,
    Driver Side window auto up-down with anti pinch,
    Illuminated Glovebox,
    Height adjust front seat belts,
    Driver seat height adjust, arm rest and lumbar support,
    Eco mode
  • Take the full warranty coverage 7 years and 1 lac km which will have you more than covered in terms of all issues that crop up.
  • Figure out if the Renault dealer where you will get your car serviced is a reputed dealer having a long history of owning and running car dealerships.
  • Be sure to check these two things:
    a) Replace differential oil every 20,000 km even though the ASC says it is not needed
    b) Ensure that they are replacing the AWD specific fuel filter at every 20,000 km
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 15:40   #1012
BHPian

Completed 60k service yesterday at local Renault dealer. Total damage 10.4k. I had asked for the differential oil change. They had no clue as always. The car is outside warranty. Planning to get it done from FNG. Recently found a experienced and trustworthy garage to replace rear OEM shocks. No major niggles faced so far apart from rear shock replacement. Dusty is our reliable family companion.
Old 6th December 2019, 16:02   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Completed 60k service yesterday at local Renault dealer. Total damage 10.4k. I had asked for the differential oil change. They had no clue as always. The car is outside warranty. Planning to get it done from FNG. Recently found a experienced and trustworthy garage to replace rear OEM shocks. No major niggles faced so far apart from rear shock replacement. Dusty is our reliable family companion.
Changing rear differential oil needs a special tool(its like a pichkari ) to feed the new oil in. Doubt that FNG will have it.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 14:18   #1014
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review - DMF

Request all AWD owners to go though this post regarding Dual Mass Flywheels installed in their cars.

It has an information brochure from the OEM of the DMF which covers many aspects.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 15:38   #1015
BHPian

Guys,

I have an upcoming winter drive to sub-zero temperature areas. Can someone please confirm if fuel tank is made of plastic or metal as I am unable to find this information anywhere. Didn't get a chance yet to have it lifted and check myself so if anyone knows the answer, please share.
Old 24th December 2019, 16:05   #1016
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Can someone please confirm if fuel tank is made of plastic or metal
Its made of plastic for sure. Hardly any car has a metal fuel tank these days.
Old 25th December 2019, 19:06   #1017

Booked Duster AWD RXS O post facelift today. The booking experience at Renault Roorkee hasn’t been great to say the least first they could not assure me that I would get a vehicle manufactured within 3months secondly got only 25000 discount. They seemed very reluctant to sell the car. Apparently dealership is not having any stock and even company has very few left hence had no option but to book.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th December 2019 at 09:59. Reason: Booking form picture removed as it contained personally identifiable info. Please repost if needed with that bit cropped/blurred out.
Old 15th January 2020, 11:27   #1018
BHPian

Price reduced on AWD version now

krinpit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 00:30   #1019
BHPian

Looking for a Duster 2014-15 AWD - & Why? :P

Hey Folks, been a while I posted here. But things have been boring on my car front off late, however, there is some ghee in the fire finally.

Been in the market for a car under 10-12 Lacs that would excite the daylights out of me, mostly to be used a single person cross-country tourer (hopefully :P)

However, nothing came even close - in the meantime, a Ritz Vdi 2011 has been keeping me company which I picked in 2018 - it manages to blow everything else on the highway away, handles beautifully in the mountains and squeezes in the tightest of corners. And the car is not really my daily rider, but more of a joy ride and Ritz been keeping me in good spirits for all this while.

Well.. if not only for the 10-year Deisel rule in Dilli.

After lot of consideration, I find the SUV market is at an interesting phase right now - the BS6 is happening and a lot is going to happen in coming few months - 2020-21 is an exciting time for the car scene overall - what which Electrics, Connected Cars and more car companies coming in than ever.

I don't mind using a pre-worshipped car till then, or maybe after that as well (have my eyes of Fortuner) - and when I found that Renault Duster has an AWD version, I could not hold excitement back. Especially when I have just came back from an Estate in Canoor, which has its own waterfall, and the estate owner validated that a Duster 4WD along with proper 4X4 jeep were few of the vehicles that could have done that stretch. This was in comparison to Scross and brezza parked on his estate.

Well, let's just cut it short and say - I want it .. I am sold. Having a 4WD car, which I can fetch for under 5L - and is known to be as comfortable and driveable as a sedan - well kind of a dream come true for a tourer.

But is it too good to be true? Now that is what brings me here on TBHP to the Gurus. I have always owned a good old Maruti, no fuss, spares have been cheap, anyone can fix them and generally, they are fast as F.

Question is - what is the worst-case scenario with a 5-6-year-old Duster, especially with AWD functionality? What is the scene of spares and parts - are the parts reparable in let's say a Karol bagh?

Besides that a single person tourer, FE would be an important thing for me - what kind of FE can expect from such a duster even if in the best condition? Kitna Deti hai? - Told ya. I am a Maruti Guy :P

PS : Btw - I am also checking on a new one - in case the 2L discount rumour is true, I can consider picking a brand new BS4 version of the car as well. You think it would be a wise investment? :P

Last edited by Shashank.A : 25th February 2020 at 00:35.
Old 25th February 2020, 21:17   #1020
BHPian

Re: Looking for a Duster 2014-15 AWD - & Why? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
I don't mind using a pre-worshipped car till then, or maybe after that as well (have my eyes of Fortuner) - and when I found that Renault Duster has an AWD version, I could not hold excitement back. Especially when I have just came back from an Estate in Canoor, which has its own waterfall, and the estate owner validated that a Duster 4WD along with proper 4X4 jeep were few of the vehicles that could have done that stretch.
Hi Shashank,
Firstly all the best for your new car hunt.
Please keep us updated as and when you proceed with your search.

Meanwhile please go through Samba Sir's superbly written ownership log of his Duster AWD (Incase if you have not read it yet).
It will surely answer most of your questions.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...oint-view.html (Renault Duster AWD : An owner's point of view)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
PS : Btw - I am also checking on a new one - in case the 2L discount rumour is true, I can consider picking a brand new BS4 version of the car as well. You think it would be a wise investment?
Yes, the new Duster AWD RXS (o) is now being offered with 2L discount on on-road price. (Subject to color and availability of stocks)
Got this information from my SA when I went for my car service a few weeks back. Please check at your place once.
Additionally one can try to get additional discounts in terms of corporate discount, accessories, insurance etc.

In Bangalore current discounted price was around 14.2L for AWD RXS(o), as far as I remember. So onroad price in Delhi will obviously be less and you might get one within your budget.

Meanwhile, the Duster AWD RXS (o) will miss below features in comparison with RXZ variant, (most of which cannot be added after-market).
Major features missing :
1. Fog lamps
2. Auto AC
3. Height adjustable seats
4. Cruise control
5. Rear wiper and washer
6. Reverse camera

Few other things missing:
1. Electrically fold-able ORVMs
2. Driver seat lumbar support
3. Adjustable seat belts
4. Driver seat armrest
5. Front tweeters / Eco Guide / illuminated glove box

If you are planning a new Duster AWD, please consider above factors as well during your decision making.
You might already be aware, jut trying to re-iterate.

Note:

I too was in same situation as you a few months ago.
But, I specifically wanted a 2019 pre-facelift Duster AWD RXZ, on discount (which was out of stock here in Bangalore).
The 2019 face-lift AWD version was out of my budget and few essential features were removed. Hence I had to compromise on AWD option and settled down for a pre-facelift Duster 85ps in RXZ guise.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please use space after using a punctuation mark.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 25th February 2020 at 21:47. Reason: Mod note attached.
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks