Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th October 2019, 15:09   #1006
Tgo
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
What all aspects of the vehicle should I look out for in a used AWD Duster before I take the plunge?
There is no hydraulic suspension but I guess you meant oil leak from shock absorbers. Yes, that's a must. No more than 1/3rd of the length of the shock should be oily, just a vague thumb rule.

Condition of rubber bump stops for the suspension usually get cracked. You'll be able to inspect them by jacking the car so that the wheels are off the ground. Do it one by one or on a lift.

Look for low mileage examples 40-60 k run cars with a live extended warranty and make sure you pay for the extension upto 1 Lac km and 5th/6th/7th year.

Check air con-direction control knob is functioning properly. It is usually sticky in the cars that have a manual direction control. This would be very much needed in the winters to defog the windscreen.

Check for drive line shudder. While moving from standstill there should not be any shuddering or sticky-ness (difficult to explain). I had a differential replaced under warranty because of this.

Request a full service history from the seller from the My-Renault app or from a Renault service center.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 14:14   #1007
Tgo
BHPian

Got the Headlamp switch assembly replaced as the last warranty replacement item in my AWD, last week.

The total cost of parts and labour under warranty has been INR 2.4 Lac. Also got the 100K service done at Jaipur. Post can be read here.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 19:42   #1008
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I need your assistance, I am actually looking to change my S-cross vehicle as I would like to shift myself from driving manual cars to Automatic Transmission. During this process I started checking for the cars which comes with Automatic Transmission with Diesel Engine and my requirement to have Cruise Control, as I am so used to this feature after driving my S-cross especially on Highways. During this process, on November 2nd, I did my test drive of 2019 Duster Diesel RXZ AMT. And I really liked the vehicle's ride and handling and space which it offers inside. Duster AMT suits my requirements to replace my S-cross. But I have one concern / Question in my mind especially on the spare parts availability for Duster down the line 5 to 6 years. Is Duster going to be discontinued in the Indian Market or will it be getting some upgrades in future including BS VI engine? Please help me with these questions.
pkothak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2019, 13:57   #1009
Tgo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Is Duster going to be discontinued in the Indian Market or will it be getting some upgrades in future including BS VI engine? Please help me with these questions.
The XUV 300, Nexon or Seltos seems like the best option if the requirement for a new automatic car is immediate.

Go for the max warranty if you are choosing the Duster AMT. It protects you from non-availability / high cost of parts etc. in the long run, even if the model is discontinued. Warranty coverage of 1 Lac km and 7 years is available from Renault. Do keep in mind that the maintenance costs are going to be 10k-15k for every scheduled service after the initial 3 services.

The new duster has Android auto and apple car play too. So you just have to adjust with the dated look of the cabin. The car will excel in all other aspects. Will it be an increment over the S-Cross though?
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote