Team-BHP - Renault Duster AWD : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster AWD : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/156651-renault-duster-awd-official-review-69.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 4757709)
Question is - what is the worst-case scenario with a 5-6-year-old Duster, especially with AWD functionality? What is the scene of spares and parts - are the parts reparable in let's say a Karol bagh?

Besides that a single person tourer, FE would be an important thing for me - what kind of FE can expect from such a duster even if in the best condition? Kitna Deti hai? - Told ya. I am a Maruti Guy :P

PS : Btw - I am also checking on a new one - in case the 2L discount rumour is true, I can consider picking a brand new BS4 version of the car as well. You think it would be a wise investment? :P

A really worst case scenario would be that your car requires:
-Faulty Injectors - Repairable but each injector costs 22,000/-
-Leaking Shocks - Replaceable - (Front ones for 4500/- a pair from Monroe, rear ones for 12,000/- a pair from Renault)
-Worn out Suspension Bushes - Replaceable 2,500/- for each corner
-Worn out link/track rods - Replaceable 2,800/- for a set
-Worn out Clutch - Repairable depending on what is required - Clutch Kit 10,000/- Flywheel 40,000/- Master Cylinder 5,000/- Slave Cylinder 3,500/-
-Blown Turbo - Replacement only (for peace of mind) 70,000/-
-Bad rear differential - Replacement only 1,27,000/-
-Broken AC direction control - Replacement 26,000/- (worst case for replacement mechanism)
-Malfunctioning Headlamp switch - Replaceable 8,000/-
-Mandatory Belt Replacement - Accessory belt kit 7,000/- and Timing belt kit 11,000/-

Except for the turbo, differential, rear shocks and injectors all parts can be bought from outside and installed by them too.

You could look for a low mileage AWD with 50-60,000 kms on the odo for which you can get the anytime-warranty which has you covered till 1,00,000 km or 7 years. It'll cost you nothing less than 8 Lacs unless it is a distress sale.
FE: 13-14 kmpl in city, 16+ kmpl on highways (if you stick to the speed limits)

A new one will save you from the headache of finding an AWD in good condition. I guess, no manufacturer is going to offer an AWD in the price bracket upto 16 lacs in the near future, except for the Mahindra with the Thar. So, you can take a call.

PS: The offer of 2 Lac off on RXS trim sounds bogus to me since none of the showrooms I have visited have it in stock, they also do not commit due to the BS6 change nearing. It is just to increase the footfall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 4758650)
PS: The offer of 2 Lac off on RXS trim sounds bogus to me since none of the showrooms I have visited have it in stock, they also do not commit due to the BS6 change nearing. It is just to increase the footfall.

Not bogus, the current offer from Renault Mahadevpura as of last weekend is 12.9L OTR Bangalore. Another friend in Bangalore got it for 13.5L last month and one more in Kolkata this month for 12.31L. All Bhpians.

Quote:

PS : Btw - I am also checking on a new one - in case the 2L discount rumour is true, I can consider picking a brand new BS4 version of the car as well. You think it would be a wise investment? :P

Go for a new one and take advantage of this fabulous discounts.

You will also get some stuff which was not there in the pre-facelift
1. Projector Headlamps
2. Better looking alloys
3. Android Auto and Apple Car Play ( though prefacelift ones after April 2019 had them)
4. DRLs
5. Cooled glovebox

The seats can be replaced with an RXZ one supposedly for 8k. However I don't know anyone personally who has done it so cant vouch for it. Fog lamps you can get projector ones fitted from outside.

Quote:

Question is - what is the worst-case scenario with a 5-6-year-old Duster, especially with AWD functionality?

From my experience of having owned a pre-owned AWD Compact SUV earlier in the US - if you're getting a preowned AWD Duster, please keep in mind that all 4 tyres will need to be of equal tread wear/residual depth. Let's say that one tyre shows more wear than the other 3, you'll end up buying 4 new tyres just because it's an AWD.

This is how I ended up pressing my used car dealer into getting me 4 new tyres as part of the purchase deal.

Hi all,
Need a small information from the members (especially Bangaloreans).

One of my friend was interested in buying Duster AWD RXS(o), since the discount of 2L was very tempting.

This morning we went to Trident Renault (Mahadevapura), to check out the current offers on Duster.
But, our regular SA told "Sir, leave aside the AWD, even the regular 2WD Dusters are not available".
Meaning the complete BS4 Duster stock is exhausted !
:Shockked:

Hence he was not ready to take the booking amount as well and we returned empty handed.

So, can someone please tell :
1. Are the stock completely exhausted? All over Bangalore?
2. Is anyone aware of any other dealer in Bangalore, where some stock is still there?please:

Note:
Me and my friend had checked for the details during Jan end.
By then there were around 7-8 AWDs in stock and our sales adviser was ready to deliver one to us in a week.

As per the adviser, the last AWD he delivered was for a price of 13.5 Lakh ! (That's almost 2L + 60k discount on actual Bangalore price of 16.1L)

Your inputs will be helpful, since my friend is back to square one of his search now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLC5005 (Post 4759655)

As per the adviser, the last AWD he delivered was for a price of 13.5 Lakh ! (That's almost 2L + 60k discount on actual Bangalore price of 16.1L)

Your inputs will be helpful, since my friend is back to square one of his search now.

All AWD stocks depleted supposedly even from the factory. Like I mentioned in my previous post, a bhpian itself got his for 13.5L in Bangalore last month. He replaced his 2016 85PS for with the AWD. And with numerous videos and photos suddenly in the internet of multiple Duster AWDs doing Winter Spiti and Saach Pass without a hiccup, the demand suddenly increased. I even have an offer on my AWD for more than the price I bought. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altocumulus (Post 4766975)
All AWD stocks depleted supposedly even from the factory.

Hi sir,
Yes, you were absolutely right on the information and spot on with the pricing.

Quote:

Like I mentioned in my previous post, a bhpian itself got his for 13.5L in Bangalore last month. He replaced his 2016 85PS for with the AWD.

The last time when me and my friend checked(Feb first week), it was priced around 14.1L for the RXS(o) AWD.
The SA had also hinted us that, there are high chances of getting additional discount of 50k-60k in few days.
(I know the SA of Trident very well, right from my duster purchase days. Should have at least blocked the AWD as per his suggestion)

The Duster price-list, Bangalore, as of 30Jan2020 :
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_20200310_230527.jpg

Quote:

And with numerous videos and photos suddenly in the internet of multiple Duster AWDs doing Winter Spiti and Saach Pass without a hiccup, the demand suddenly increased.

Yes, my friend too got inclined towards Duster after seeing many reviews.
He delayed his decision and by the time he had decided, stocks were long gone.His bad luck.
AWD for 13.5L was a real sweet deal.

So waiting to see, which car my friend chooses now.

Quote:

I even have an offer on my AWD for more than the price I bought. clap:

On a humorous note, hope your are not parting ways with your AWD, seeing the lucrative offers you are getting.lol:

:OT
The inputs,logs and information from you and Samba sir's were the one, which made me also choose a Duster.(I was earlier in Brezza, Ecosport territory)

I even went on a hunt for the, pre face lift AWD Duster as you guys, but it was out of stock in November 2019. (The facelift AWD was out of my budget)
Also my usage didn't warrant a AWD, my requirements were just good clearance and good ride quality. Hence went ahead for a pre face-lift Duster 85ps RXZ.

RXz variant is the one that was retailing for around 16 lacs. Last year, Renault had discontinued RXz and brought in RXs (lower variant) with AWD retailing for 14 lacs or so.

Folks, is a Duster AWD of 2016-17 vintage worth acquiring in the used car market? I see occasional listing come up for around 8-9 lakhs. It is indeed a dated platform and looks horrible from the side, but the front and back look fine. Also, if one wants AWD options are really limited, other than the very large Endeavour, Fortuner and Pajero types or barebones vehicles like Thar.

I have the same question as 84.monsoon's. Is the first model of AWD worth going for provided it has a clean history ? Request your advice.

I am looking at 2014 model immaculately maintained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 4770146)
Folks, is a Duster AWD of 2016-17 vintage worth acquiring in the used car market?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth (Post 4779295)
I have the same question as 84.monsoon's. Is the first model of AWD worth going for provided it has a clean history ? Request your advice.

I am looking at 2014 model immaculately maintained.

Tgo's reply above totally nails it I think. :D

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4758650

Here is my situation, I have been looking for a pre-owned AWD in the market for long. A month ago found one demo card which was quoted 12 lakhs. Sought out advice from the members and decided to let it go. Just 4 days back I happen to come across one pre facelift model which looks well maintained. Unable to check due to the lock down.

I currently drive a Baleno 1.2 petrol (2017) and if at all i have to go for a duster i need to sell my Baleno. This is a no fuss vehicle but I have got bored of it. The brakes are not up to the standard and i feel the car under powered.

I have always been attracted to brands which that have burnt my pocket while giving the driving pleasure too. I owned a Palio S10 earlier.

My primary need is umatched driving comfort, torquey diesel and an all wheel drive system. I could wait for the duster 1.3 turbo (yes, it doesn't come with AWD) but can't afford 10 + lakhs anymore.

Don't know if i am thinking right !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth (Post 4780282)
My primary need is umatched driving comfort, torquey diesel and an all wheel drive system. I could wait for the duster 1.3 turbo (yes, it doesn't come with AWD) but can't afford 10 + lakhs anymore.

Don't know if i am thinking right !

Buy a car which has around 50-60K km on the odo. That way you can buy the any time warranty which is valid till 1,00,000 kms and 7 years. Imminent pocket burners for AWD which aren’t covered in warranty:

- Suspension (leaks from shocks)
- Clutch (depends on how it has been driven)
- Sticky Parking brake (not very expensive)
- Injector Failure (you can dodge this if you’re lucky)

Theres one RXL in the classifieds here which should be perfect.

Yesterday we had a Duster meet at Kolkata.
Social distancing, wearing masks and using sanitizers were definitely maintained. :thumbs up

7 Duster AWD's turned up for the meet. We had Duster's from all three gens.

Had a rolling shot session, some photo-shoots of our steeds parked together followed by some yummy kababs!

A small video clip from the meet-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVw7iuQeHNA

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_2971.jpg

Bhpian Burn_out on the roll.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3008.jpg

Dyutimoy on the roll.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3023.jpg

Bhpian Delix on the roll.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3034.jpg

Bhpian Drivetrain on the roll.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3077.jpg

Abhisek on the roll.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3104.jpg

Abhisekh on the roll.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3135.jpg

My Duster driven by Bhpian Drivetrain

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3244.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3253.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3256.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3259.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3263.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3266.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3271.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3273.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3285.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3287.jpg

Globalization? A British, A French with a Romanian origin posing in India, in front of a replica whose origin is from Paris!

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3299.jpg

Why should cars have all the fun! The Red one belongs to me and the yellow & white one belongs to Bhpian PapaBravo.
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_3310.jpg

Fantastic shots, great camaraderieclap:.I have to check out the Duster AWD once I'm in town.

7 AWDs you say? Renault Kolkata should sponsor you guys for a trip to the North East for some PR (they desperately need some, especially in Eastern India).

Thanks Samba for the awesome pictures. The meet was indeed a breather in the midst of this mundane lockdown life. Everyone was concious and maintained social distancing. The lone 4 low capable vehicle which gave us company during the meet was that of Arijit's (wannabe tbhp member) mg410.