Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2014, 15:27   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang
I don't know how to react.
I understand your feelings but then never in your wildest imagination you could have predicted that. The dealer is pushing me to sign the cheque before the year end to avail the discount. I am really confused now because I am ok to wait for the facelift if it is coming in the next 2-3 months. However speak to your dealer and try to get some free accessories at least.

Last edited by human_wheels : 9th November 2014 at 15:31.
Old 9th November 2014, 17:38   #107
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

I went and booked my RXZ AWD today and with the mentioned discount. With my enquiries, the SR appeared confident there is no facelift coming in the next few months and they just want to get done with the 2014 stocks instead of waiting until the year end. May be true or not, but I think life does throw these surprises and it may not be possible all the time to have the cake and eat it. Looking to have a great time with my new Duster, as I just felt the experience of my TD so close to this review. You Team-BHP folks simply rock and thanks for all your hard work and community service. Looking forward to share my experience. In the meantime, some key suggestions on important accessories to be integrated will help. Thanks again.

Regards, Murali
Old 9th November 2014, 18:41   #108
BANNED

I feel bad now. If Renault has made this offer to those who bought during Diwali period to make buyers more happy.
Old 9th November 2014, 20:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post

Regarding the clearing of 2014 stocks, yes,that could be the reason for the discounts. but how are they going to compensate us, who took the first bait without waiting for the discounts.
Hi,v6kgang,

Yes,it really is a let down for the first lot of buyers who stand to lose nearly 80 k in such a short span(from vehicle launch date). I strongly feel that Renault should have been more in tune with customer's sentiment on the matter.

Maybe you could take up the matter with Renault ? Legally , the options maybe limited, but one could always ask for a goodwill gesture ..

Hate to rub salt into your wound, but probably this would be the first time in our car history that a manufacturer launched a vehicle/variant and then followed up with a 7% discount( limited period or otherwise) within a month.
Old 9th November 2014, 22:42   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Hi,v6kgang,

Yes,it really is a let down for the first lot of buyers who stand to lose nearly 80 k in such a short span(from vehicle launch date). I strongly feel that Renault should have been more in tune with customer's sentiment on the matter.

Maybe you could take up the matter with Renault ? Legally , the options maybe limited, but one could always ask for a goodwill gesture ..

Hate to rub salt into your wound, but probably this would be the first time in our car history that a manufacturer launched a vehicle/variant and then followed up with a 7% discount( limited period or otherwise) within a month.
Yes, I have already written to the customer care email. I suggest other buyers to do the same as well. Let's see if renault actually responds to the mail let alone doing some thing about it. As you pointed out the discount in this tune for a newly released car is unheard of.
You don't have to rub the salt Audi price protection print ad already did that in the morning.
Old 10th November 2014, 06:45   #111
BANNED

I also emailed them but in response customer care person called and told that even dealers were not aware of this offer till 1st November.

I also told him that Renault should show a courtesy by extending some special price offer to those who took delivery on last day of October.

@v6Kgang

Do you have any email ID of senior person at Renault whom we can write.
Old 10th November 2014, 07:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Do you have any email ID of senior person at Renault whom we can write.
Unfortunately no, I just mailed to the customer care mail Id. Not sure how helpful will be the dealer here. Let me try through couple of my friends and keep you posted. Are we the only 2 sailing on this boat ?
Old 10th November 2014, 09:09   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Unfortunately no, I just mailed to the customer care mail Id. Not sure how helpful will be the dealer here. Let me try through couple of my friends and keep you posted. Are we the only 2 sailing on this boat ?
@v6Kgang

Few others might be there. WE have to find out.
Old 10th November 2014, 10:23   #114
BHPian

Quote:
@v6Kgang

Few others might be there. WE have to find out.
You can count on me as well for a collective appeal. I have reached out to the Renault Customer Service and have not heard back from them yet. I plan to have a chat with the sales rep today.
Old 10th November 2014, 13:02   #115
BHPian

I am in the same boat , booked mine on 27th Sep and was delivered on 12th Oct , RXZ AWD, and please count me in too
Old 10th November 2014, 13:08   #116
BANNED

v6kgang, nvikram, DriveTrain

Called up the Trident Sales Manager, she told that they got this info on 4th and will discuss this point with Renault as I told her that Renault should have voluntarily offered this discount to all customers who got deliveries during Diwali period as it is a huge loss for all of us.

In our case I took delivery on 31st, just a day before the new discount scheme was activated. Hence I lodged my issue with both Trident, Bangalore and Renault, India.

Will update once I hear from them.
Old 10th November 2014, 13:16   #117
BANNED

I will be hugely unpopular here after the statement I am going to make.

Simple economics and the definition of price is the amount of money that the seller has proposed for his commodity, the buyer has the option to pay it or not. Depends on the utility it derives out of it.

If the majority of us have found the older price to be justifiable because, quite frankly, it was a proposal from Renault, then I don't quite get why the company needs to take a moral high ground on this.

Furthermore, it will be dangerous precedent, since every time there will be deliveries just before a price cut, the Company needs to compensate for it. I am sorry guys, as much as I want to support this, I don't think it makes any logical sense for Renault.

P.S. Don't think I have never been through this myself. I got the VW Polo HL some half a month before they introduced a new ICE and electronically adjustable ORVMs. I was seething then, and I can understand your pain.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:05   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I will be hugely unpopular here after the statement I am going to make.

Simple economics and the definition of price is the amount of money that the seller has proposed for his commodity, the buyer has the option to pay it or not. Depends on the utility it derives out of it.

If the majority of us have found the older price to be justifiable because, quite frankly, it was a proposal from Renault, then I don't quite get why the company needs to take a moral high ground on this.

Furthermore, it will be dangerous precedent, since every time there will be deliveries just before a price cut, the Company needs to compensate for it. I am sorry guys, as much as I want to support this, I don't think it makes any logical sense for Renault.

P.S. Don't think I have never been through this myself. I got the VW Polo HL some half a month before they introduced a new ICE and electronically adjustable ORVMs. I was seething then, and I can understand your pain.
While I do agree your point, there is a different perspective to this. Renault will be setting a dangerous precedence either way we look at it.
Assuming Renault does not do anything to compensate the loss, it stands the risk of not being able to sell (large number) vehicles immediately after a launch. However, in the name of some unwritten "price protection" rule, they can always chose to compensate. This would go well with the public and their PR image.
Price cut to the tune of Rs.50,000 within a month of launching a vehicle is rare and unfair.
Old 10th November 2014, 17:44   #119
BHPian

Quote:
v6kgang, nvikram, DriveTrain

Called up the Trident Sales Manager, she told that they got this info on 4th and will discuss this point with Renault as I told her that Renault should have voluntarily offered this discount to all customers who got deliveries during Diwali period as it is a huge loss for all of us.

In our case I took delivery on 31st, just a day before the new discount scheme was activated. Hence I lodged my issue with both Trident, Bangalore and Renault, India.

Will update once I hear from them.
I took the delivery on 3rd of November when the new plan was active. Sent a mail to the customer care, got a standard reply of the plan was only communicated on 6th etc., I have asked them to escalate the issue. Let me know the Trident renault number you spoke to. Will also call her and speak to her. I do understand the economy and how it works.

@methecupid
Think of the reverse, if the car had gone up by 50K from Nov 1st, will they deliver the car without getting the money from me?
My problem here is 2 fold, if they decide to reduce the price 1 month after launch, it's a mistake from their side to not price it correctly from the beginning. 2nd is dealership saying on 6th morning 9:00 AM i know that there is a discount of 50K, where media knew about that couple of days before is un-acceptable to me.
Old 10th November 2014, 23:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel bad now. If Renault has made this offer to those who bought during Diwali period to make buyers more happy.
Festival season is the worst time to buy a new vehicle if you are looking for discounts. February/March is the best time, if you ask me.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed