Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:36   #76
BANNED

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Friends,

I would like to know that in MediaNAv system, what is the limit about number of MP3 files you can have in USB Drive.

I tried putting almost 500 Mb of MP3 files but after inserting it in USB Slot of MediaNAV it is showing only 28 files.

Also if MP3 file is not having Artist Info then it won't play.

Pls. confirm if anyone else has faced same problem.
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:45   #77
BHPian

That's a cool looking Duster man. Is this a variant being offered in India or some aftermarket fittings by customer?
Anyway the car looks fabulous in this bodykit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is it just me or there are fellow bhpians who think 4wd variant would have looked better in Adventure style body kit?
This is the one I was talking about.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th November 2014 at 17:40. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Friends,

I would like to know that in MediaNAv system, what is the limit about number of MP3 files you can have in USB Drive.

I tried putting almost 500 Mb of MP3 files but after inserting it in USB Slot of MediaNAV it is showing only 28 files.

Also if MP3 file is not having Artist Info then it won't play.

Pls. confirm if anyone else has faced same problem.
Though I don't know the limitation , I have 511 MB of a 512 MB stick filled up with lots of music and it plays everything fine. Are you sure that all of your MP3 files are in the Root Folder of the USB ? or do you have several folders with different genres of music ? If you have MP3 files inside other folders , go to the List Menu under Media and then navigate and press Root. Then select the respective folder you want to Navigate to and all songs in that folder will be listed.

Hope that this helps.

Edit : This link may provide additional help.

Last edited by DriveTrain : 2nd November 2014 at 18:14. Reason: Hyperlink added
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 21:14   #79
BANNED

DriveTRain

I tried both options i.e. by moving files to root folders and by creating separate folders based on type of MP3 files.

First time it displayed a total of 40 files out of 600 files and next time it displayed only 28 files.

My USB Drive size is 4Gb and out of this only 543 MB is filled with songs.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:07   #80
BHPian

Hope the stick is FAT 32 not NTFS.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:33   #81
BANNED

Yes it is FAT32 formatted.

i tried factory reset of medianav but it did not solved problem.

tomorrow going to jp nagar showroom for number plates and then i will show this issue to them.
Old 4th November 2014, 16:02   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Wider tires foul the inner wheel well cladding. After some time wider wheels can poke holes. So 215/70 is considered ideal up-size without modifications, and with lift kit its 225/80 or 225/70 or 225/75
Hi,
I had fitted 225/70 Yokos HT on my Duster and certain sections of the mud flap had to be removed as the tyres fouled. The review can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3451354

HT tyres are more comfortable but offer less braking confidence compared to the ATs.
In retrospect, if I had to take a call on upsizing, I would have gone for 235/75 R15 Yoko Geolander ATs. That means I would have had to change the rims also and the risk of tyre fouling the inners will be high, but if it worked, the look and ride would be killer
Anyone game for tyre upsize can try it and let us know
Old 4th November 2014, 22:23   #83
BANNED

Friends,

AS I've posted earlier that I'm having issues while playing MP3 files from USB Drive.

After thorough search on net and also following advice from fellow members, could not find any solution.

Today I visited Trident Renault Service Centre to seek their help. They advised me to create folder on Pen Drive and move files to the respective folders.

I created five folders viz 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and placed approx. 50 files in each of these folders.

I inserted PEN Drive into USB Slot of the MediaNav System, it was not showing all the folders. Media Nav was showing only 4 folders viz 2, 3, 4 and 5 and each folder was showing different number of MP3 files.

For example : Folder 2 was showing 18 instead of actual 49, folder 3 was showing 23 instead of 49, folder 4 was showing 10 instead of 49, folder 5 was showing 31 instead of 49.

This type of inconsistency I never found in any of my earlier system.

When I visited Service Centre earlier in the day, and checked with the Dusters having MediaNAV system, all the systems were having same issue.

Would like to know if others are having same issue so that we can raise this issue with Renault India and get the system either rectified or replaced with proper ones.
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 07:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought in the air. Can the awd duster be a rally car?
Old 5th November 2014, 10:06   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Would like to know if others are having same issue so that we can raise this issue with Renault India and get the system either rectified or replaced with proper ones.
I tried the same experiment and my MediaNav seems to show all the files. I had 5 folders numbered 1 through 5 and each having 10 mp3 files. None of my files were missing.
Try with a USB stick with capacity not more than 8GB. If the OS is an old Windows CE, I doubt if it will support anything more than 8GB.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th November 2014 at 10:24. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
nvikram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 10:44   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvikram View Post
I tried the same experiment and my MediaNav seems to show all the files. I had 5 folders numbered 1 through 5 and each having 10 mp3 files. None of my files were missing.
Try with a USB stick with capacity not more than 8GB. If the OS is an old Windows CE, I doubt if it will support anything more than 8GB.
Vikram

I've two USB Stick of 1 Gb and 4Gb.

See the contents of both the stick In following screens :
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-1.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-usb_drive_1_folder.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-usb_drive_1_music_folder_content.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-drive_2_folder_list.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-content_folder_2.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-folder2.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-content_folder_3.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-folder3.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-content_folder_4.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-folder4.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-content_folder_5.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-folder_5.jpg  

micrographics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 11:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Vikram

I've two USB Stick of 1 Gb and 4Gb.

See the contents of both the stick In following screens :
I think you are misled by the numbering in the listing. You folder 2 shows 1/17 right? The number 17 is nothing but the number of "pages" where each page lists 3 items. If you keep hitting the down arrows you will notice that all your songs are there. Similarly other folders as well.
nvikram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 12:51   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Just a thought in the air. Can the awd duster be a rally car?
Yes. I said so in my review post too. This is the rally car everyone was waiting for. Engine remap + rally suspension and this will run rings around most competition thanks to low weight and great handling.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 12:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Is a bolt on rally kit available for the duster? And what are the piggyback options for ecu tuning in the market? This might be the vehicle which people who couldn't buy the vitara can buy and rally.
I was on my way to shimla on the GS and a guy on the regular duster started following me. I ride fast but that duster was sort of keeping up well. I was amazed by its handling. And now they have independent rear suspension so it's going to be killer.
Old 6th November 2014, 14:52   #90
BHPian

Hi Guys, New to Team BHP Family and a proud owner of Duster 4x4, Amazon Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvikram View Post
I think you are misled by the numbering in the listing. You folder 2 shows 1/17 right? The number 17 is nothing but the number of "pages" where each page lists 3 items. If you keep hitting the down arrows you will notice that all your songs are there. Similarly other folders as well.
I guess this should solve the confusion. I have a 4 GB USB with 3.6 GB of songs, not one song or folder is missing. the system version is 4.0.3 (if it helps)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks