Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2014, 16:08   #91
BHPian

A quick update on the price of duster RxL AWD. In Mumbai they are now offering a discount of about 1.17 lacs. Apparently there is a limited period offer on an all India price of 11.29 lacs plus insurance and registratiin.
The on road price is now about 13.46 lacs and if you arrange your own insurance it would be about 12.9 lacs.
Applicable for deliveries before 15th December apparently.
Old 6th November 2014, 16:42   #92
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Just a thought in the air. Can the awd duster be a rally car?
Check this

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=re...w=1366&bih=677
Old 6th November 2014, 19:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
That my friend is a V6 engined duster. It is a different machine altogether. What I was interested in was the usability of the Indian one with bolt on parts.
Old 6th November 2014, 23:38   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatshah View Post
A quick update on the price of duster RxL AWD. In Mumbai they are now offering a discount of about 1.17 lacs. Apparently there is a limited period offer on an all India price of 11.29 lacs plus insurance and registratiin.
The on road price is now about 13.46 lacs and if you arrange your own insurance it would be about 12.9 lacs.
Applicable for deliveries before 15th December apparently.
What's the offer on RxL. The launch price itself was 11.29 Lakhs Ex showroom Delhi. I am not sure of what is the calculation of 1.17 Lakhs, could you explain a bit in detail.
Old 7th November 2014, 01:01   #95
BHPian

In Mumbai the ex showroom price was about 12.47 lacs for the RxL AWD. Now they have brought it down to 11.29 lacs calling it a pan India pricing november package.
In Thane without octroi it was about 11.89 so there the price decrease is less.
Effectively this translates into an overall discount of 1.17 lacs plus decreased registration and insurance charges bringing down the on road price.
Delhi has always had the best prices for new cars unlike Mumbai and other Metros.
Old 7th November 2014, 07:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
What's the offer on RxL. The launch price itself was 11.29 Lakhs Ex showroom Delhi. I am not sure of what is the calculation of 1.17 Lakhs, could you explain a bit in detail.
Sorry for the double post...was unable to edit the previous post. Launch was at 11.89 Lakhs and now there is a benefit of 60 K off on the RxL variant of AWD. The Times of India ad today says that it also comes with Media Nav system for this price.
If only I would have known it 2 weeks before....would have taken this variant. Except for alloy wheels and cruise control there is pretty much nothing in the top end for approx 2 Lakhs more.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:04   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
That my friend is a V6 engined duster. It is a different machine altogether. What I was interested in was the usability of the Indian one with bolt on parts.
The suspension ecosystem for GV exists because there is a demand. In Europe, you will find bolt on suspension and lift kits for the Duster. Here, there has not been any demand. The moment there is demand, it will start appearing. For now, you can import and pay import duty yourself. Its expensive due to 100 EUR etc., shipping charges and customs agents fees etc.,

As long as your import is less than 300 EUR or so customs usually slap duty and be done with that.

If you are planning to import more(eg 1500 EUR for 2-3 vehicles), customs may give you grief.

in that case you can contact somebody who has a IEC code and is authorized to import parts.
If that person does not charge you any profit your cost will be

1. Cost of item + shipping
2. Duty of 32% net (including CHA fees and FEDEX fees) which is on 1
3. The guy with IEC code will need to sell the item to you. They can keep 0 margin which means you pay just 12.5% VAT over and above the cost.

So net cost is around 45% over the Europe cost.

A way to offset cost is to directly contact MFR.

They sell online in Europe including VAT. If they are shipping to you, they will give you pre-VAT cost.

So you end up paying only about 25% more than European street price.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 13:54   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
in that case you can contact somebody who has a IEC code and is authorized to import parts.
If that person does not charge you any profit your cost will be
Just FYI, I have IE Code and DHL Global account where they will pick up stuff anywhere DHL operates, just in case anyone wants help to order stuff with IE Code.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 13:16   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
. Launch was at 11.89 Lakhs and now there is a benefit of 60 K off on the RxL variant of AWD. The Times of India ad today says that it also comes with Media Nav system for this price.
v6kgang, could you post a link for the TOI ad ? My Kottayam,Kerala dealer says that the 11.29 L (RxL diesel 4wd) version comes without the Media Nav system.

Also was having a nagging doubt - Is there a possibility that the 2015 cars would be coming as facelifted models and that's the real reason behind Renault's desire to clear off all the 2014 stocks (4WD) . Am really surprised that Renault is offering nearly 80k ( Kerala regular invoice pricing is @ 12.10 L) off on a vehicle that was launched 4 weeks back. ( Not that I am complaining of the generosity ..

Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 16:10   #100
BANNED

I checked with Trident Renault and they told that except 110RXZ AWD, price reduction is across all other variants.

I would have loved it they have offered during Diwali.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Is there a possibility that the 2015 cars would be coming as facelifted models and that's the real reason behind Renault's desire to clear off all the 2014 stocks (4WD)
Thanks
I am in a dilemma too about whether to book or wait for any facelift changes likely to come up. Interested in RXZ AWD but as mentioned in another thread, there are not much discounts in this model. Any pointers on changes may help.

Regards, Murali
Old 9th November 2014, 09:51   #102
BHPian

Quote:
v6kgang, could you post a link for the TOI ad ? My Kottayam,Kerala dealer says that the 11.29 L (RxL diesel 4wd) version comes without the Media Nav system.

Also was having a nagging doubt - Is there a possibility that the 2015 cars would be coming as facelifted models and that's the real reason behind Renault's desire to clear off all the 2014 stocks (4WD) . Am really surprised that Renault is offering nearly 80k ( Kerala regular invoice pricing is @ 12.10 L) off on a vehicle that was launched 4 weeks back. ( Not that I am complaining of the generosity ..

Thanks
I visited my nearby Renault dealer here in Pune yesterday to have a quick look at the Duster AWD in person. The sales executive told us that if we decide to buy this year, only then we can get a discount of up to Rs 50,000/- on AWD RXZ and Rs 97,000 on AWD RXL. The reason being they want to clear the 2014 stock.

I was a little wary of the reason being given upfront, now that i am reading the posts here I realize the real reason behind the discounts.

On a different note, I saw the AWD in person for the first time, not really impressed with the build quality.

The door handles / ORVM's / running board all felt flimsy, not sure how long these would withstand long term abuse.

I felt that my i20 doors are heavier and close with a more reassuring thud than the Duster.

AWD loses out on the boot space vis a vis the 2WD. 2WD has a cleaner underbody as compared to the AWD due to obvious reasons but should have been the other way round.
Old 9th November 2014, 11:56   #103
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Hi jmktm,

read the paper while waiting in the dealership to get the number plates fixed. Hence don't have the link. It could be a clever wordplay in the print ad where there is a fineprint saying not part of the standard equipment

Regarding the clearing of 2014 stocks, yes,that could be the reason for the discounts. but how are they going to compensate us, who took the first bait without waiting for the discounts.
Having said that, just enjoying the drive quality and is a huge improvement over my earlier petrol manza.
Old 9th November 2014, 12:54   #104
BHPian

50k discount on RXZ model in Bangalore as well. Definitely looks like a stock clearance move. Can someone really confirm if the new facelift is coming soon.
Old 9th November 2014, 14:18   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
50k discount on RXZ model in Bangalore as well. Definitely looks like a stock clearance move. Can someone really confirm if the new facelift is coming soon.
I don't know how to react. The sales guy forced me to close the sale on October 31st and took the delivery on Nov 3rd. Definitely would have waited 1 more week if I know this discount will be announced. Is there any way we can force them to refund 50k? I know this is a long shot, but any one has done this before?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks