Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2015, 15:54   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

I repainted my door handles and mirrors to body color. It came with silver. I think it looks much better in body color.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-dusterbefore.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-dusterwhite.jpg  

4x4addict is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 23:42   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I repainted my door handles and mirrors to body color.
Looks a whole lot better, the remaining silver strip at the bottom still looks a little incongruous (but acceptable) it might look better in dull black to match the plastics IMO.

Your alloys are nice and it looks like they're similar to the ones on the other Duster in front.

How does your AWD perform in actual AWD situations? I'd love to read about that and your ownership review given your 4WD inclination.
Old 15th June 2015, 23:55   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
Looks a whole lot better, the remaining silver strip at the bottom still looks a little incongruous (but acceptable) it might look better in dull black to match the plastics IMO.
Good point. I somehow missed that silver bit. I am thinking of black or carbon fiber snickering for that bit and the silver on the roof rails.

Quote:
Your alloys are nice and it looks like they're similar to the ones on the other Duster in front.
They are the same pattern alloys but different color.

Quote:
How does your AWD perform in actual AWD situations? I'd love to read about that and your ownership review given your 4WD inclination.
Will post a review shortly. I am happy with the AWD.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:27   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Was pleasantly surprised to find the Duster 4x4 has the hill hold feature. If you double tap the brake pedal on a steep incline, it will hold the brakes until you start moving.
4x4addict is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 14:09   #350
BHPian

Re: 17 days, 5000kms with the Dacia duster 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
LOL, I have noticed this with a lot of Safari owners, there just aren't too many cars out there which will inspire them to disown their tata. Its such a paradox considering the image tata cars carry, especially the Safari.
My friend Wolf, you have to be owned by one to know the feeling. She's like a girlfriend in college. Would give you all kinds of trouble to get your attention everyday, make you spend money frequently to keep her happy (mind you, reasonable amounts only) and you end up spending most of your time with her. But when you ride her (no puns intended ) you feel top of the world.

Jokes apart, once you form a connect with your Safari she never abandons you. Mine's had problems during punishing road-trips multiple times but never died on me in the middle of nowhere. Always gets me home safe. In fact, on three occasions she reached home from such a road-trip and then broke down to be towed away. This is love, and wifey would be rolling her eyes if she read this.
param22k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 14:42   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
LOL, I have noticed this with a lot of Safari owners, there just aren't too many cars out there which will inspire them to disown their tata. Its such a paradox considering the image tata cars carry, especially the Safari.
Its not that I won't sell her. Its just that nothing can replace her. Whatever comes is most likely to be a poor substitute.
Think of it like an Enfield. After years of problems you finally let go, and buy something else. But it is just a poor substitute to get by. Maybe one day Tata will build a Safari I can trust, and then I will buy it. Till then, its substitutes... but the duster isn't one!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 01:39   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I repainted my door handles and mirrors to body color. It came with silver. I think it looks much better in body color.
Door handles are looking great in white. And the alloys are superb, are they negative profilers?
Can you please share the brand and pricing.
Old 19th June 2015, 05:35   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
My friend Wolf, you have to be owned by one to know the feeling. She's like a girlfriend in college. Would give you all kinds of trouble to get your attention everyday, make you spend money frequently to keep her happy (mind you, reasonable amounts only) and you end up spending most of your time with her. But when you ride her (no puns intended ) you feel top of the world.
This has to be the best description I have ever heard about a Safari. 100% true and to the point even though u went off topic. On a side note, I am sure you had a great time in college. Congratulations on that.

The Duster is capable too. Neither will you feel tired after a long drive nor will you panic on a sharp corner. Seldom do you get vehicles with such capabilities, that too in a vehicle with respectable GC. I admire both. The only difference ? I may not miss a Duster once I sell it, but I will definitely miss a Safari. Reason ? It makes you feel like you are on top of the world.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 19th June 2015 at 05:40.
Old 19th June 2015, 10:41   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Door handles are looking great in white.
Yeah, Thanks. The silver bits look odd as they have no connections to the rest of the car. Guys just a cost saving measure by renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
And the alloys are superb, are they negative profilers?
Can you please share the brand and pricing.
Hijon Racing (HR). Think the new price is 5.5 or 6K each. I gave my OEM alloys and 1500 per alloy so felt it was a decent deal. I am not a big fan of the Duster OEM alloy design. This one has a slight neagive offset. The tyres stick out maybe just an inch or so.
4x4addict is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 12:07   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post

Oh My God! Simply loved your statement. This is possibly one of the best description, I have ever come across for a Safari!

I just remembered an hardcore Ford lover putting a paid billboard sign in Chennai few decades back, when ford ikon was being launched;

If there is a Pleasure, then it is Sex;
If there is something better than Sex, then it is Driving;
If it is Driving, then it should be a Ford!

(don't remember the exact wording, thought)
however, the billboard had be to be pulled down due to public outcry!
Old 20th June 2015, 07:24   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was pleasantly surprised to find the Duster 4x4 has the hill hold feature. If you double tap the brake pedal on a steep incline, it will hold the brakes until you start moving.
I didn't know this. Checked with my BIL who owns an AWD and he confirmed. Initially, it was a bit uneasy for him whenever the vehicle stopped at a signal with a small inclines.

Pretty nifty feature that. They should market this more.
Old 20th June 2015, 11:18   #357
AWD
BHPian

@4x4addict, cars looking good. Had a small query, dunno whether you've tried or not but needed an idea as to would a MTB Bicycle fit inside the Duster with 2nd row seats folded down ? I mean both ways, with Bike standing or put down on the mat.

Also have you posted a review of the vehicle, link ?

Last edited by AWD : 20th June 2015 at 11:21.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 18:28   #358
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the hill hold feature is active for two seconds after which the system lets go of the brakes. Could you confirm?
Old 20th June 2015, 19:49   #359
BHPian

Hill hold holds breaks for approximately 2-3 seconds.
I find it very useful even in day today use, especially putting the car in or taking it out of mall parking lots
Old 21st June 2015, 00:24   #360
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
@4x4addict, cars looking good. Had a small query, dunno whether you've tried or not but needed an idea as to would a MTB Bicycle fit inside the Duster with 2nd row seats folded down ? I mean both ways, with Bike standing or put down on the mat.

Also have you posted a review of the vehicle, link ?

My XL size Btwin Rockrider 5.3 fits in the eco sport with the seats folded. Will 100% fit in the larger duster. Sideways / at an angle though. Not standing.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed