Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 15:56   #601
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Off-topic:

A video worth watching. Expect a few goosebumps. Is it someone from Team-bhp?

https://Youtu.be/6RKPD5sBFtQ

Source:Rushlane
Amazing video. TFS. This looks like a non-AWD vehicle but looks like even the non-AWD can get out of such tricky situations - Either that or these guys are incredibly daring.

I would not take a 2WD vehicle to such places.
Old 26th October 2016, 09:37   #602

Sharing video of my latest drive over the beaches of Chirala,AP. If you are from Hyderabad, I would suggest this place as a good destination for your family and to take your duster for a spin.

At one point of time it did get stuck in the soft sand. But we were able to puli it out in reverse.

ahindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 12:28   #603
BHPian

Visited Renault service centre yesterday for 20k service.
Total service cost came to 6.8k. Opted for mineral oil.
Overall experience was good.
As part of winter camp they are distributing small token gifts to customers.

Our dusty awd is now 1yr 3mths old. It has been hassle free experience so far. Its a reliable machine with predictable on road behavior.

Total of two niggles faced during the ownership:
- Media NAV was replaced under warranty first week after delivery
- Fuel gauge was playing up earlier this year which was promptly fixed
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 13:12   #604
BHPian

Hi, I'm looking to buy AWD RXZ - probably the adventure edition. 17.45 L OTR in karnataka - absolutely NO DISCOUNT , unlike RXZ AWD, which has 50k discount.

Do you guys feel that Adventure edition is worth the extra price? It has body plastic cladding, which is useful, additional fog, which may also be useful. Rest is almost similar.

Also, has any one financed their vehicle from Renault? any idea if they're giving the 8.99% interest on the above versions? Had been to showroom, but couldn't meet the finance guys.
Old 14th November 2016, 14:13   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
Hi, I'm looking to buy AWD RXZ - probably the adventure edition. 17.45 L OTR in karnataka - absolutely NO DISCOUNT , unlike RXZ AWD, which has 50k discount.
Dear a_bharadwaj,

I hope you decide fast. Looking forward to your review.

By the way, I think there is a small typo. I have marked it in bold. Please do not take offense - it can happen to anyone. I request you to correct it - or write to some MOD to correct it.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 14:54   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear a_bharadwaj,

By the way, I think there is a small typo. I have marked it in bold. Please do not take offense - it can happen to anyone. I request you to correct it - or write to some MOD to correct it.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
I presume what Bharadwaj meant is AWD RxZ Adventure edition has no discounts and AWD RxZ has Rs 50000 discount.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 15:55   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear a_bharadwaj,

By the way, I think there is a small typo.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
I actually meant I'm looking to buy the RXZ AWD - Adventure edition. This Adventure edition doesn't have discount, unlike the regular RXZ AWD. My BAD
a_bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 19:01   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
I actually meant I'm looking to buy the RXZ AWD - Adventure edition. This Adventure edition doesn't have discount, unlike the regular RXZ AWD. My BAD
I have also shortlisted Amazon green Awd RXZ regular model. But I think it will be worth waiting another 15 days as discounts in December will be more and who knows maybe Renault starts offering discount on Adventure series as well to clear stocks.
Old 5th December 2016, 00:35   #609
BHPian

Guys, I have a problem and hope I can find some help.

Mine is a 110 Rxz of 2013 make. With 30000 km on the odo, we were thoroughly enjoying the car.

But last week on a standard long drive from Coonoor to Bangalore, the engine stop warning light and the heating element light came on with a very perceptible drop in performance and gruff engine with palpable vibrations, beyond 80 kph.

We pulled up and called Renault Roadside Assistance. We were decently attended to, at that late hour, though our trip was bust. Since the car was under warranty, I was not troubled by the financial implications. Three days later, the car was brought back. The SA informed me that the engine stop light came on just on their first test drive and on subsequent rides, the vehicle was normal!!

He informed me that they had cleaned all sensors and that should keep the problem from recurring. I acknowledged, however was not fully convinced.

You see, The same problem had happened within a year of ownership (one and a half years back), on a short trip close to home. At that time I was informed that one of the injectors failed and they had replaced it. Hence my doubts this time.

My fears were proven right when this week on another road trip to Kerala, the problem resurfaced. Again Renault roadside assistance did a decent job.

The vehicle is at the service station now and the SA has informed me that an injector has failed (a different one this time), and Renault has approved replacement of the injector under warranty.

He blamed it on bad fuel. I pointed out that refueling was always done at reputable outlets where my other cars also refueled. His classic reply was that Renaults were more sensitive to bad fuel unlike cars by other manufacturers!!! At that point, I knew that there was no logic in trying to figure out what went wrong, with this guy.

Could there be a problem with a particular batch of injectors, the batch invloving my car(However, sifting through the forums I could not find any complaint of this sort, except one other instance, were the lights went away by themselves after a little while.)?

If so, can I / should I ask Renault to change the other two injectors (I know that Renault are not obligated to do that, other than as a goodwill gesture)?

Please suggest guys, as my confidence to do the next road trip in January, has been shaken badly. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by igp_79 : 5th December 2016 at 00:39.
Old 5th December 2016, 09:33   #610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
He blamed it on bad fuel. I pointed out that refueling was always done at reputable outlets where my other cars also refueled. His classic reply was that Renaults were more sensitive to bad fuel unlike cars by other manufacturers!!! At that point, I knew that there was no logic in trying to figure out what went wrong, with this guy.
Classic Honda. This is what Honda used to say when they didn't have diesel cars in their portfolio in India. And if I had to buy a diesel, it won't be from Honda, a petrol, a Honda should be it.
More dope http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rolocking.html
Quote:
If so, can I / should I ask Renault to change the other two injectors (I know that Renault are not obligated to do that, other than as a goodwill gesture)?
You may write to Renault customer care and ideally they should acknowledge this concern and do the swap. One can't really rule out this.

Quote:
Please suggest guys, as my confidence to do the next road trip in January, has been shaken badly. Thanks in advance.
Apart from filling from a reputable pump, you may add some additives in the tank and for a change [I don't know if you practice this] don't let the fuel gauge go low for a fill-up. Ideally, I would fill up at 1/3rd of fuel is in tank rather than 1/4th.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 13:12   #611
BHPian

I have an December 2015 AWD Duster and have completed 21800 km. I had the engine warning light along with the emission sensor and Renault replaced the sensor. Did not have this problem afterwards. I don't think that Duster is very sensitive to quality of Diesel used since I have filled up from many roadside pumps in Kerala, TN, Karnataka, Pondicherry and Goa. Never had a problem about after filling. The fuel gauge indicator used play funny showing near empty after filling up, but Renault ASS has solved that problem too.
But with the Duster, you never know what problem will turn up next. While the going is good, it is a marvelous vehicle.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 12:16   #612
BHPian

Yes, the next problem has cropped up. The GPS gets stuck at some arbitrary location and is of no use afterwards. I have experienced this several times, but in all previous instances started working a few days later. A close look at the satellite availability shows 12 satellites are available, but the display shows "satellites available 0".
The GPS, though primitive (compared to Google maps) is quite useful once you figure out what it can do.

Any body else faced this problem and any suggestions on how it was solved?

The AWD is extremely good mechanical engineering coupled with poor electronics!
Old 17th December 2016, 16:56   #613
BHPian

I have been facing a peculiar problem, own a 5 month old AWD which has munched 10,000km. On 3 occasions, twice when my driver and once when my wife was driving the car, the clutch simply didn't move up while depressing. Incidentally I wasn't in the car on all 3 occasions, naturally the gear shift didn't move when this happened. Car was moving in 2 cases and Stationery once. The matter gets resolved when the clutch pedal is physically pulled up.
At all other times the car works fine, any idea why this might happen?
The company service centre is clueless and asking for a video, which means I have to wait till it happens again. Checking here so that I can do some pre-emptive action, don't want this happening suddenly on the move while overtaking.
Old 17th December 2016, 18:08   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
I have been facing a peculiar problem, own a 5 month old AWD which has munched 10,000km. On 3 occasions, twice when my driver and once when my wife was driving the car, the clutch simply didn't move up while depressing. Incidentally I wasn't in the car on all 3 occasions, naturally the gear shift didn't move when this happened. Car was moving in 2 cases and Stationery once. The matter gets resolved when the clutch pedal is physically pulled up.
At all other times the car works fine, any idea why this might happen?
The company service centre is clueless and asking for a video, which means I have to wait till it happens again. Checking here so that I can do some pre-emptive action, don't want this happening suddenly on the move while overtaking.
Looks like the clutch master cylinder has gone kaput. Do get it checked asap before driving the car anywhere
Old 17th December 2016, 23:18   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Looks like the clutch master cylinder has gone kaput. Do get it checked asap before driving the car anywhere
Thanks for the input, will check with service centre on this. A query though, if the clutch master cylinder is gone, then why does the clutch work allright almost all the time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks