Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2017, 16:47   #661
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Thanks for this! I also see my rear left shocker leaking! Although i dont feel any issues while driving.
If i go to ASC, will they cause issues in replacing? Any leads what should i do?

I have 235/R16 section AT tyres, hope that wont cause an issue! My logic says, if AT tyres were to cause an issue, they would cause all shockers to leak, right?
Folks, i visited ASC today and they bluntly say that the shock absorbers are not covered in extended warranty!!

Anyone has experience on this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:29   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Folks, i visited ASC today and they bluntly say that the shock absorbers are not covered in extended warranty!!

Anyone has experience on this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Shock absorbers come under warranty, only up to 30,000 km or so. I'm not very optimistic about shocks being covered under extended warranty, which comes in to place only after 50,000 km or 2 years.
Old 25th May 2017, 19:24   #663
BHPian

Hello friends,

I just completed my Second Free Service of the 2016 Duster AWD, bought in August 2016. I had done 10888 KMs till this morning. The total cost of the Second Free Service was Rs. 3157, which is the cost for Engine Oil, Air Filter, Oil Filter, couple of small ancillaries and Weights for the Wheel Balancing. The cost of the Wheel Alignment and Balancing got covered under the Gang of Dusters Coupon issued by Renault.

As for experience with the 2016 Duster AWD for the first 9 months of ownership and about 10800 KMs of driving, I have to say that I completely love this vehicle. The ride quality, to my mind is the best part of it. I have driven it to the hills 3 times during these months and use it for my daily drives. It is amazing to drive, be it on highways or your daily commutes with NCR traffic. So far I have not faced any issue at all with the Duster AWD and my service experience with NCR Motors, Mathura Road has also been good. I'm really trying to think hard to find one negative, but can't think of anything.

All in all, I think this is a superb vehicle for a small family of 3-4 family members with ample boot space for outstation travel.
Old 26th May 2017, 17:02   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
All in all, I think this is a superb vehicle for a small family of 3-4 family members with ample boot space for outstation travel.
For a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, who love to explore and do road trips, this is a great option. However, for 4 adults the leg space is limited at the rear if a tall person sits in the front seats.
Old 26th May 2017, 17:21   #665
BHPian

Slightly offtopic, but do self-drive rental companies like Zoomcar, Volar, etc offer Duster AWD for mountain road trips for non-AWD owners? I've mostly seen Scorpios or XUV.
Old 1st June 2017, 13:31   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Slightly offtopic, but do self-drive rental companies like Zoomcar, Volar, etc offer Duster AWD for mountain road trips for non-AWD owners? I've mostly seen Scorpios or XUV.
Nope, havent seen a duster awd being offered from the renowned companies atleast.
Old 1st June 2017, 22:46   #667
BHPian

Mine is 2 yrs and 8 months old, have about 54K on Odo and I also went through the shock absorber change and it didn't cover under warranty. At 50 K service the SA informed that there is a leak in one of the shock absorbers and I have to change it. Costed me about 9 k (part and labour). With so many leakage cases, are we looking at a larger issue here from Renault?
To be honest, I drive fast over the potholes and the car being primarily driven in Bangalore, don't have an option otherwise.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 16:57   #668
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Just to bring to your notice. The insurance premium for the 3rd year for my June 2015 AWD is going through the roof. I have a Zero Dep. plan from Barti AXAand have 0% no claim bonus (claimed insurance last year to change RR door).

The quoted amount is INR 51,000/- which is a cheaper option than the dealer quotation.
Reasons:
-Zero Dep premium increases every year
-Third Party coverage premium increased by INR 3,500/-
-Company offered discounts are down to 30% from earlier upto 50%
-I had 0% No-Claim Bonus

The agent is giving me a discount of about 2,000/- from her margin on the quoted INR 51,000/-

Special Notice
Zero dep. coverage renewal was a tough bargain this time as the company was not approving it at all for my car.
I was also told that Duster is notorious for high repair costs and many companies like TataAIG etc. have stopped providing coverage for it.

Last edited by Tgo : 10th June 2017 at 16:59.
Old 10th June 2017, 20:06   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just to bring to your notice. The insurance premium for the 3rd year for my June 2015 AWD is going through the roof. I have a Zero Dep. plan from Barti AXAand have 0% no claim bonus (claimed insurance last year to change RR door).

The quoted amount is INR 51,000/- which is a cheaper option than the dealer quotation.
Reasons:
Better to check online on piolicybazar. I paid 24k last year for my Jul-15 AWD. Took the TataAIG pearl plan. It should reduce for the third year.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 20:16   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Just to bring to your notice. The insurance premium for the 3rd year for my June 2015 AWD is going through the roof....
51K is pretty high. Please check online or get another quote elsewhere.

For my May 2015 AWD, I paid 22K zero dep to TATA AIG.
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 20:29   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Reasons:
Rs 51,000/- seems high despite 0% ncb. Recently I renewed my Xuv's insurance, 20%ncb, idv 13,51814 including zero depreciation, key replacement, loss of personal belonging and RSA for rs 30,201 from Tata Aig.
It's better to check online on policybazar or directly from other insurance provider websites.
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 21:25   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to bring to your notice. The insurance premium for the 3rd year for my June 2015 AWD is going through the roof.
What's the IDV for this quote? My suggestion too is obtain quotes from PolicyBazaar and select from them. I've always used the one that has the highest IDV.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 07:30   #673
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Better to check online on piolicybazar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
51K is pretty high. Please check online or get another quote elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
It's better to check online on policybazar or directly from other insurance provider websites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
What's the IDV for this quote? My suggestion too is obtain quotes from PolicyBazaar and select from them.
So all suggesting Pilicybazaar. Will definitely do that.

However, any word on whether insurance bought from outside (not from Renault dealer) will be eligible for cashless claims at the dealer's workshop?

Though its like a mouse asking a cat, "I hope your'e vegetarian", I had a word with the Renault dealer and they said they have introduced something called Renault Assured which is the only way to go if you want cashless claims through Renault authorized service centers throughout India.
Old 11th June 2017, 09:27   #674
BHPian

Quote:
However, any word on whether insurance bought from outside (not from Renault dealer) will be eligible for cashless claims at the dealer's workshop
I have availed cashless claims from Renault Whitefield and Silk board in the past 2 years and I have never bought insurance from the dealer. Unless something has changed in the last 2 months, you should be able to do cashless for the policy taken outside the dealer's purview.
Old 11th June 2017, 09:57   #675
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Policy Bazaar result:

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-capture.jpg

Only HDFC Ergo offering Zero Dep. :(

No other company even willing to insure? I just put in my vehicle registration number and policy lapse date and these were the only three results I got. Yesterday, One other result shown was from BajajAllianz. How come the results are inconsistent day to day?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks