Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 16:25   #676
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Policy Bazaar result:

No other company even willing to insure? I just put in my vehicle registration number and policy lapse date and these were the only three results I got. Yesterday, One other result shown was from BajajAllianz. How come the results are inconsistent day to day?
Just inquire about insurance companies who have national tie up with renault and directly purchase from them and there should not be any issue with cashless claims.
This is what I did with my amaze, and while making a cashless claim dealer did not say anything.
Old 13th June 2017, 22:12   #677
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Finally going ahead with Tata AIG quote of INR 23,500/- for Zero Dep. Thanks to TDI (Team Duster India) which has a great bunch of helpful people making the cost of ownership reasonable to live with.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 17:46   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Finally going ahead with Tata AIG quote of INR 23,500/- for Zero Dep. Thanks to TDI (Team Duster India) which has a great bunch of helpful people making the cost of ownership reasonable to live with.
That's a good deal considering 0% NCB. What's the IDV you got?
My insurance is up for renewal next month. Tata AIG are quoting 22.2k for IDV of 9.9L and 25% NCB.
Old 16th June 2017, 23:47   #679
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
That's a good deal considering 0% NCB. What's the IDV you got?
My insurance is up for renewal next month. Tata AIG are quoting 22.2k for IDV of 9.9L and 25% NCB.
IDV: 10,50,000/-

Spoiler: Turns out that the above mentioned quote was not to materialize. I learned a new word by the way, its called MORATORIUM

The person dealing with the insurance company called up late evening day before and said that the request for insuring the vehicle was rejected by TataAIG. Yesterday, on probing he was told by the company that the vehicle is under Moratorium - which in their words mean that Rajasthan govt. had put a ban on this model of vehicle.

I frantically called him up to confirm, checked on the internet, confirmed with the dealer in Jaipur and everything was opposite to what the insurance company told him/me. So I got back on the phone with him and relayed the information i gathered. He said, that companies are not willing and even if they are they are quoting close to 45K for the same coverage because they aren't offering any discounts on this model. Other than that the newest company on the block Liberty Videocon will match the coverage and TataAIG's rates. Explains why I was initially getting a quote for 51K from BhartiAXA which also provided last year's coverage for the vehicle. And also why only two companies returned a query for quotes on policy bazaar.

I decided to go with Renault Assure. Simply because there was no other reliable resource to bank upon. It cost me 37K for Zero Dep, Engine Protection and consumables cover.

NOTE: I am quite confused about whats happening behind the scenes. Another acquaintance through TDI Club who is based in Bangalore is also probing into this as he found out that there are totally crazy rate slabs and what not for insurance companies dealing with Renault vehicles in Rajasthan.

Last edited by Tgo : 16th June 2017 at 23:49. Reason: forgot replying to the quoted post
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 18:48   #680
BHPian

A friend of mine owns Duster AWD which is just a few months old. The AC compressor was changed under warranty recently after it stopped cooling. The cooling has improved after changing the compressor but it is still not too good.

The funny thing is, Renault ASS's official reason for improper cooling: Duster AWD cools less effectively (AC vent temp at 7.5 to 9.5°) than the 4x2 Duster (4 to 8°). Can this be true?

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170617-5.28.41-pm.png

PS: If there's a BHPian in South Delhi/Gurgaon area willing for a quick meet up to have their AC tested so that we can get some point of reference, please PM me.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 17th June 2017 at 18:51.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 20:17   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
A friend of mine owns Duster AWD which is just a few months old. The AC compressor was changed under warranty recently after it stopped cooling. The cooling has improved after changing the compressor but it is still not too good.

The funny thing is, Renault ASS's official reason for improper cooling: Duster AWD cools less effectively (AC vent temp at 7.5 to 9.5°) than the 4x2 Duster (4 to 8°). Can this be true?

Attachment 1649045

PS: If there's a BHPian in South Delhi/Gurgaon area willing for a quick meet up to have their AC tested so that we can get some point of reference, please PM me.
Unfortunately that's true. AC is a big letdown in Duster AWD. It will struggle during peak summer.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 12:16   #682
BHPian

I have been using a Duster AWD since December 2015. I have found the AC is good for the front seat passengers, but the cooling and airflow is less than desirable for the rear seat occupants. Since I rarely have rear seat passengers, we manage.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:55   #683
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Unfortunately that's true. AC is a big letdown in Duster AWD. It will struggle during peak summer.
I agree with this. Having used both models 2015 AWD and 2012 2WD.

I use the cheap suction cup window shades in the rear windows and that brings up the effectiveness quite a bit in the 2WD.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:57   #684

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Just to bring to your notice. The insurance premium for the 3rd year for my June 2015 AWD is going through the roof. I have a Zero Dep. plan from Barti AXAand have 0% no claim bonus (claimed insurance last year to change RR door).
]
I paid 19200. Zero dep. The guy who sold me the car in Jamshedpur is the guy who renews it for me. Future Generali. No claims in 3 years.
chiragpatnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 11:12   #685
BHPian

Duster 4WD 70000 KM service bill. Rs.5980/-

Pls note that wheel alignment, balancing was done elsewhere and hence not included in this bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duster 4WD -70K Service bill.PDF (94.4 KB, 704 views)

Last edited by jmktm : 28th June 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Addition required
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 16:43   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post

Pls note that wheel alignment, balancing was done elsewhere and hence not included in this bill
Thanks. That looks reasonable. Any specific maintenance activity for AWD system mechanicals? I don't see that in the Duster service manual.
Old 28th June 2017, 17:53   #687
BHPian

No, nothing was specifically mentioned or checked. All systems were 'looking' normal, so no complaints were raised.
Mileage around 15kmp/l . This time had a different SA , not very helpful.

A word about Renault in Kerala ,if I may
As far as I know, all Kerala dealerships are owned by the TVS group and the lethargy is beginning to show at the marketing level. Very slow response and what not. Couple of months back , I was following up a Duster4WD for a relative and it took 5-6 trips/calls to get somebody from Sales to respond. Finally it was only after my regular SA stepped in it was done. Even talking to the Sales Manager was of no use.
I
But the service dept seems to running fine.
Happy Motoring
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 22:19   #688
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post

Di you get the differential/transfer case oil changed at 60K service? Wanted to know the price of oil and labour for this job.
Old 6th July 2017, 16:54   #689
BHPian

Completed the 30k service yesterday at Renault Mysuru. Total bill was Rs7371. Opted for Elf evolution synthetic oil with was Rs4500. Interaction with the service folks was smooth.
Our Dusty AWD will complete 2 yrs this month end. It has been a fuss free experience so far. Only two niggles faced throughout the ownership:
- MediaNAV malfunction the day after the delivery
- Fuel indicator malfunction
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:04   #690
BHPian

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hello Everybody,

I am getting my Duster RXZ AWD Adventure edition Pearl White on 25th of this month.
Got it for a awesome onroad price of 14.86L. Its a 2016 Dec model But its as good as 2017 model as it was in the renault plant chennai all this time and got no worries feedback from my friend who works there in his PDC. I saw the vehicle yesterday when it landed in Bangalore inspected it and found everything more than OK.

But now there is one doubt I see the tyres are Apollo Apterra HL, which are nothing but a Highway and city Tyres. Why would I get a Highway Tyres for an AWD? Can anyone please let me know.

Last edited by girishar : 23rd July 2017 at 09:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks