Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:04   #706
BHPian

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

I had my first long drive. And completed 1200km. The trip looked like this

Bangalore - Bellary - Gangavati - Hospet - Gangavati - Bellary - Mysore - Bangalore

Total 1000km 3 days with night halts and relaxing at home town.

I maintained a top speed of 80(70% on cruise) from Bangalore to Bellary and got an awesome 19.9 km/l with 100% AC. Which I think is awesome.

And the later journey included village roads and small state highways with lot of speed breakers got16 km/l again with full AC. Very much satisfied with the initial average I got.

There was however things which are annoying me.

1. Creaking sound from boot door. ( rectified now found out that the boot door pad was loose)

2. The headlight throw in high been which is equal to low beam even after setting max level from the adjustment knob below the steering. ( Yet to rectify, any suggestion from the members will be appreciated)

3. The wind noice for as low as 60km/h.

Other than that the car is a gem. Loving it, planning for one more long drive this weekend.

-----
Giri

Last edited by girishar : 2nd August 2017 at 12:06.
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:07   #707
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post

1. Creaking sound from boot door. ( rectified now found out that the boot door pad was loose)

2. The headlight throw in high been which is equal to low beam even after setting max level from the adjustment knob below the steering. ( Yet to rectify, any suggestion from the members will be appreciated)

-----
Giri
2 -- The Headlight is very bad, Changed mine to OSRAM NBU the day i took delivery
3 -- Wind noise is too much infact, its a design issue and not sure if anything can be done...but be content to know that all are facing this issue
Congratulations on the car, the white color looks smashing.
Mine up for 60K service, will get it done by this week.
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:52   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
2 -- The Headlight is very bad, Changed mine to OSRAM NBU the day i took delivery

3 -- Wind noise is too much infact, its a design issue and not sure if anything can be done...but be content to know that all are facing this issue

Congratulations on the car, the white color looks smashing.

Mine up for 60K service, will get it done by this week.

Great will get the lights changed as well.
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:40   #709
BHPian

What is the engine oil specification used in the Duster AWD? and is it advisable for normal mineral oil or synthetic?
Old 3rd August 2017, 18:50   #710
BHPian

Has anybody seen this?

What are your thoughts?

There website says its legal and no issues with warranty.

Experts please help me out.

----
Giri

Last edited by girishar : 3rd August 2017 at 18:52.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:03   #711
BHPian

Hello All,

I have two questions regarding Duster AWD.

1, where is the pollen filter for AC? how is it accessed to replace?
2, My car had the AC knob issue( some cable which would snap and modes not accessible) which was replaced under warranty. when i went for service yesterday this issue has cropped up again

what is surprising is the fact that the first time it snapped I hardly used the AC MODE knob frequently. I mostly use it in the AC normal mode. only use the defogger mode when it rains badly. Has anyone else faced similar issue.

I am worried because this is happening the second time and for them to replace it last time they had to open the entire Instrument panel. I have expressed my concern in such flimsy parts failing and me having to wait for a day every time this fails.

anybody had similar experience? other than this single fault am more than happy with my mile muncher. tough to find a replacement for this. Tried the V cross and was not as impressed as the reviews I have heard or read about.

Last edited by hiran77 : 8th August 2017 at 10:04. Reason: spellings
Old 8th August 2017, 13:06   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
I had my first long drive. And completed 1200km.

-----
Giri
WInd noise when windows are open? you can add door visors. They help quite a bit
Old 8th August 2017, 13:33   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post

1, where is the pollen filter for AC? how is it accessed to replace?
It is to the left of the clutch pedal (fully depressed position) at the fag end of the center console . The filter is locked in place by a long and thin rectangular flap that is held in position by 3 screws. To access / open it up , you will need to stick your head into the driver foot well and rotate so that your head faces upwards and side-wards to be able to see and open the upper screws. It is a contortionist act The clutch pedal comes in the way. To access one screw , you will need to literally push the pedal down with your hand. To insert a new filter you will need to align it from the back of the pedals.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 13:36   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
2, My car had the AC knob issue( some cable which would snap and modes not accessible) which was replaced under warranty. when i went for service yesterday this issue has cropped up again

what is surprising is the fact that the first time it snapped I hardly used the AC MODE knob frequently. I mostly use it in the AC normal mode. only use the defogger mode when it rains badly. Has anyone else faced similar issue.
This seems to be regular theme with the dusters. I had a problem as well. Just like you, I use only for front vents and switch to defogger in the rain and back. Otherwise, this knob is unused.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 17:47   #715
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This seems to be regular theme with the dusters.
I've also not used the vent mode changing knob much. But when i do, Iv'e made it a point to ease off the twisting action and return to a previous position when it starts jamming up and trying again, rather than turning it with full force all the way through in one go.

Have never had it fail in the 5 years.
Old 10th August 2017, 20:34   #716
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The first Duster 110 2WD had a very heavy clutch and is a pain to drive stop and go traffic. The 110 4WD Duster has a different gearbox and the clutch is much lighter than the 110 2WD models. I don't find the clutch an issue at all. Later on Renault added a refit for the old 2WD, which is essentially a spring loaded assembly to ease the pressure off your foot. This contraption was retrofitted on my friend's 2WD Duster 110 at it made the clutch effort better.
Hi,
Mine is 110 PS , 2012 august make. Clutch too hard. Where can i get the refit , as you said and cost approx? Could you guide me regarding this issue
Old 10th August 2017, 22:31   #717
BHPian

Some Renault dealers in India are selling the Duster with a huge discount this month. As per information from a local dealer, there are many units of the Duster that can be bought with a discount of up to Rs 2 lakhs.

Only some variants of the company's flagship Duster SUV in India are being sold with these hefty discounts. Besides offering a discount of Rs 2 lakhs on the 110PS AWD Adventure Edition, the 85PS diesel base version is also available with a cash discount of Rs 1.6 lakhs. The stock is limited though, with 73 units of the Adventure trim available. Out of these 58 units are available in white and 15 in silver. On the other hand, 34 units of the 85PS version are available only in white.

The corporate sales division of the carmaker can be contacted through a dealer for sealing this deal. The other offers, including Rs 10,000 as exchange bonus and Rs 7,000 as a corporate discount, are also applicable in addition to the cash discount. Potential buyers can get this good deal ahead of the festive season, but before the stock gets over.

Article from car trade
Old 11th August 2017, 00:32   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Some Renault dealers in India are selling the Duster with a huge discount this month. As per information from a local dealer, there are many units of the Duster that can be bought with a discount of up to Rs 2 lakhs.
Thanks for the info. Is the deal valid on Petrol CVT variant too?

Last edited by GTO : 12th August 2017 at 08:40. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 11th August 2017, 08:07   #719
BHPian

I guess you have to check with the company directly
Old 11th August 2017, 20:43   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Hi,
Mine is 110 PS , 2012 august make. Clutch too hard. Where can i get the refit , as you said and cost approx? Could you guide me regarding this issue
My friend's is also a 2012 model 110 bhp. This was done by the dealer as part of some campaign, done free. Please check with the dealer, if it can be done for your vehicle as well.

Another friend of mine had a clutch failure and replacement on his 110 after about 80K Kilometers about a month or so back. When the clutch was replaced, the slave cylinder etc was also changed to a revised type and the clutch is butter smooth now. This however, can be done only during the clutch replacement time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks