Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 14:22   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post
Really surprised to see this.
39K kms is way too low kms for clutch replacement. Possible a defective clutch or some hanky panky by dealer. Most clutch replacements for the 110 are usually upwards of 70K kms.
Old 9th February 2018, 14:42   #812
BHPian

Agree with you 4x4 addict. This is what I tried to tell the TVS dealer and Renault, but I had to pay for the clutch replacement, since they insisted that this is due to normal wear and tear. My very reliable Maruti 800 served me 17 years and 75k km without clutch replacement. I am sure no decently built vehicle should require clutch replacement up to 1 lakh km. In my case the clutch was smoking while driving through Trivandrum and passerbys urged me to stop.
Old 21st February 2018, 21:04   #813
BHPian

Hi,

Had an issue with my engine (4WD , 88000 KM) making a sucking noise while accelerating. This started as a small noise but soon became a little too loud. Possibility of serious turbocharger issue was ruled out since power output was felt to be same and this happened only under acceleration and would go out as soon as the 'vacum' generation phase was over.

Brought the vehicle in and was soon diagnosed as EGR pipe damage, SA said replacing would cost @ 2000/-. Also got my leaking rear damper changed along with.

As for the EGR pipe, in reality they could have replaced just the rubber portion alone ( being in a non-pressurised area and held by spring clamps only) from just about any spare parts shop. But no such luck, as I got to see the part only after the vehicle was returned and bill was paid.

The rear dampers cost @ Rs.7000/- each ( said AWD dampers are expensive)

As somebody who has had the vehicle for so long, I would say this is one of the most reliable vehicles I have owned. Certainly as good or better than every Maruti/VW that I have/had. It's easy to trash talk a model and say that Renault vehicles are having reliability issues, but I would say that is grossly unfair. Sure some units may be having problems but unless a regular pattern is observed, is there really as case for complaining so much (as we hear on these forums)?

Regularly, my tyres run out by @ 25000 KMs and brake pads by @ 20000 KM, but that is due to my driving style and cornering speed and has nothing to do with Renault or the tyre manufacturer and the supposed issues. I also know 4 other Duster owners personally ,who echoes the same sentiment.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20180221_110104.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20180221_110108.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20180221_110128.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2018 at 13:17. Reason: Please do NOT use spaces BEFORE punctuation marks.
jmktm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 22:45   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Also got my leaking rear damper changed alongwith.

The rear dampers cost @ Rs.7000/- each ( said AWD dampers are expensive)

Sure some units may be having problems but unless a regular pattern is observed , is there really as case for complaining so much ( as we hear on these forums)?
Funnily there seems to be regular pattern for failures. My 4WD rear damper has failed too. That too at about 35K kms. How do these things happen?
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:18   #815
BHPian

Damper replacement at 35k is indeed short life, In my case, 3+ years and 85k KM is kind of ok, I guess. In any case , 7000/- is definitely ripping us off.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:33   #816
BHPian

jmktm, you are a lucky owner of the AWD. Those owners, like me, who complain about reliability do so because we are let down by an otherwise very good vehicle. Which vehicle can compare with the Duster AWD (pricewise, handling, pickup, etc) when the going is good. If you have not faced injector failures which have ruined a planned holiday, or clutch burn in heavy traffic, then there is no issue. I use the AWD a lot during weekends and the recent drives have been great, but in the back of the mind I don't know when I will face an unexpected problem. I previously owned two Maruti cars which did not let me down the way the Duster sometimes does. My ownership consists of 90% extremely satisfied and 5% downright disgust. That is how it goes!
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 15:39   #817
BHPian

SajiNSalin, I did see that the injector failure (and the timing) has inconvenienced you and your family a great deal. Talk about bad timings and ruined holidays.

On another note , I can see that most of the vehicles here are either still under standard warranty or extended warranty, whereas my vehicle has come out of both. The 7000/- per rear damper has stung me a bit and was wondering if anybody has bought parts online .

Eg., https://spareshub.com/all/monroe-gas...rano-rear.html They have listed the MONROE GAS MATIC SHOCK ABSORBER FOR RENAULT DUSTER / NISSAN TERRANO REAR
Rs.2,376.00. Not sure whther the AWD rear damper is different from the standard 2WD rear damper.

I am due for brake pad replacement and was wondering if anybody has bought online ?
Old 25th February 2018, 21:06   #818
BHPian

Quote:
... The 7000/- per rear damper has stung me a bit and was wondering if anybody has bought parts online .

I am due for brake pad replacement and was wondering if anybody has bought online ?
In 2015, the rear shock absorbers costed 3250 per unit in Kerala.I don't remember the fitting charges. 7,000 per piece could be an incorrect quote, or may be it's the price of both shocks as it's recommended to replace the shocks in pairs. AWD has a completely superior rear suspension, and hence the price could be higher.

I'd advise sticking with Renault services, as saving 1000 rs on brake pads that normally last 30K km or 2500 rs on shocks (pairs) that normally last 75,000 km plus doesn't really make sense taking in to account the peace of mind and accountability that you get from authorised service centres.
Old 27th February 2018, 20:24   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
In 2015, the rear shock absorbers costed 3250 per unit in Kerala.I don't remember the fitting charges. 7,000 per piece could be an incorrect quote, or may be it's the price of both shocks as it's recommended to replace the shocks in pairs.

No Sir,

Pls find enclosed copy of bill. Rear damper( 1 no.) costs Rs.6729/- + labour Rs.828/-
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20180227_182807.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20180227_182826.jpg  

jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 23:59   #820
BHPian

Quote:
No Sir,

Pls find enclosed copy of bill. Rear damper( 1 no.) costs Rs.6729/- + labour Rs.828/-
I said 3250 for 2wd rear shocks, and not AWD. I see in the bill that yours is AWD.
Old 3rd March 2018, 18:23   #821
Team-BHP Support

A small video of the articulation and traction control of the Duster AWD. The vehicle belongs to bhpian Delix.

BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 12:31   #822
BHPian

Duster 4WD 90000 KM Service Bill

Rs.9825/- ( incl. front brake pads) +
3M Interior cleaning 2850/-.

Seems that brake discs are due for replacement at Rs.3300 + tax * 2
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duster 90K KM serv bill.PDF (112.5 KB, 494 views)

Last edited by jmktm : 14th March 2018 at 12:34. Reason: Addition required
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 12:37   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Duster 4WD 90000 KM Service Bill

Rs.9825/- ( incl. front brake pads) +
3M Interior cleaning 2850/-.

Seems that brake discs are due for replacement at Rs.3300 + tax * 2
Thanks for sharing this!
Can you also share your 60k service bill? My AWD going for 50k service and when i enquired about rear differential oil change on 60k service, the service advisor was clueless.
As per him, only accessory belt has to be changed on 60k service(apart from other regular stuff).
Old 14th March 2018, 12:48   #824
BHPian

revved_up, please share your 50k bill. I have completed 45k and have not replaced the brake pads so far, it will probably come up next service. I asked about the differential oil, they told me it need not be changed. Maybe at some point of time we have to insist that it should be changed.
Old 14th March 2018, 14:40   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
revved_up, please share your 50k bill. I have completed 45k and have not replaced the brake pads so far, it will probably come up next service. I asked about the differential oil, they told me it need not be changed. Maybe at some point of time we have to insist that it should be changed.
Still to get the bill, car will be returned tomorrow, since i had some more work to be done:
- Both front seat channels are being changed, since they were making sqeaking noises
-AC mode selection knob had become hard and they recommended to change the mechanism inside the dashboard before it gets stuck. They have to open the whole dashboard for it.
- Medianav will be changed, since some of the steering mounted buttons are not working

Thankfully all above work is being done in warranty.

OT: I went through the user manual, and the components and details about replacement and intervals is not listed. Where to find it?
In all my other cars, list is clearly defined what all needs to be checked/replaced and the intervals.

The SA was telling me EGR valve needs to be cleaned every 10k, i disagreed and asked him to show me the same in manuals and then he struck it off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks