Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2019, 13:35   #991
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hi,
Duster AWD 120,000 KM service bill.
Parts - 18900+ Labour -5900 - Total @ Rs.24800/-
* Certain items were done without confirming with me ( the X marked ones Page 2) and hence are to be refunded to me - @ Rs.2488/-

This time my regular SA was on leave and another guy kind of messed up. Was charged for brake fluid replacement ( changed just 10K before, alignment & balancing which costs about half outside was also done- all without asking .But settled for the marked items only .)

So the total bill could be considered as @ Rs.22000/-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duster 110 AWD -120K Service.pdf (226.9 KB, 696 views)

Last edited by jmktm : 27th July 2019 at 13:38. Reason: Attachment Not Loaded
Old 18th September 2019, 12:08   #992
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my Duster AWD earlier this month. Apart from a horrible and appalling delivery experience which still continues, the car is great "touchwood".

There was no plan to buy a new car at all and the intent was to wait till next year to decide between the new Thar, Jimny and Duster. I was always inclined for the Duster, since I did not need a hardcore off-roader. I just wanted to go to places comfortably which a 2WD can't take me. An all round tourer. Off course Thar and Jimny will be much better off-roaders however to reach that location it will be comparatively much more uncomfortable. However what triggered the buy was Renault's stupid decision to discontinue the AWD in it's top trim, robbing it off some features which are non-negotiable for me and the ownership experience and feedback from all Teambhp Kolkata Chapter AWD owners. The chapter is more than 100 members strong and if am not wrong Duster AWD is the highest number in terms of a particular model and variant of car. When you add some yummy discounts due to it being pre-facelift, I jumped at the opportunity.
Thanks JKDS, Samba, Papabravo, Delix, Toto and SS-Traveller for all help, inputs and confidence to bring the Duster home. Would like to add another round of thanks for Samba and JKDS for constantly following up, fighting and negotiating with the dealership on my behalf, getting the PDI done and a lot more. It wouldn't have been possible without you two.
Also thanks to everyone was present during the delivery and making it more special. Samba, Papabravo, Myth, Delix, Toto and Mi2n.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_20190905_09023901.jpeg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_20190905_17064901.jpeg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_20190906_13535501.jpeg  

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_20190902_19534801.jpeg  

Last edited by Altocumulus : 18th September 2019 at 12:15.
Altocumulus is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 12:35   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Took delivery of my Duster AWD earlier this month. Apart from a horrible and appalling delivery experience which still continues, the car is great "touchwood".
There was no plan to buy a new car at all and the intent was to wait till next year to decide between the new Thar, Jimny and Duster. I was always inclined for the Duster, since I did not need a hardcore off-roader. I just wanted to go to places comfortably which a 2WD can't take me. An all round tourer.
Congratulations & best wishes for the long journey ahead. A really capable machine Duster AWD. You timed it perfectly mate. Got the pre-facelift RxZ AWD with the right set of bells & whistles & the all important rear wipe+wash. Its one looker too. Looks far better than the facelift IMO.

I was in the exact same boat as you when I started my quest for the AWD. Attempt to cheat me by the Renault Baner showroom & the really pathetic sales experience shut the door for this brand forever in my books. A car I always thought about owning, can't be now! But by that time the new-car-bee had stung and I went for a Nexon then.

Enjoy the ride!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 16:15   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There was no plan to buy a new car at all and the intent was to wait till next year to decide between the new Thar, Jimny and Duster. I was always inclined for the Duster, since I did not need a hardcore off-roader. I just wanted to go to places comfortably which a 2WD can't take me. An all round tourer. Off course Thar and Jimny will be much better off-roaders however to reach that location it will be comparatively much more uncomfortable. However what triggered the buy was Renault's stupid decision to discontinue the AWD in it's top trim, robbing it off some features which are non-negotiable for me and the ownership experience and feedback from all Teambhp Kolkata Chapter AWD owners. The chapter is more than 100 members strong and if am not wrong Duster AWD is the highest number in terms of a particular model and variant of car. When you add some yummy discounts due to it being pre-facelift, I jumped at the opportunity.
Thanks JKDS, Samba, Papabravo, Delix, Toto and SS-Traveller for all help, inputs and confidence to bring the Duster home. Would like to add another round of thanks for Samba and JKDS for constantly following up, fighting and negotiating with the dealership on my behalf, getting the PDI done and a lot more. It wouldn't have been possible without you two.
Also thanks to everyone was present during the delivery and making it more special. Samba, Papabravo, Myth, Delix, Toto and Mi2n.
Congrats, Altocumulus, so what happened to the Honda City V MT? Did you trade in that for the Duster? Happy Motoring to you!
Old 18th September 2019, 17:17   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations & best wishes for the long journey ahead. A really capable machine Duster AWD. You timed it perfectly mate. Got the pre-facelift RxZ AWD with the right set of bells & whistles & the all important rear wipe+wash. Its one looker too. Looks far better than the facelift IMO.

I was in the exact same boat as you when I started my quest for the AWD. Attempt to cheat me by the Renault Baner showroom & the really pathetic sales experience shut the door for this brand forever in my books. A car I always thought about owning, can't be now! But by that time the new-car-bee had stung and I went for a Nexon then.

Enjoy the ride!
Thanks. Trust me there was a lot of times that I contemplated cancelling the deal. The sales experience still continues to be bad, even after delivery , there are so many things pending. Experience at the service center is completely opposite though, which I guess is more important in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats, Altocumulus, so what happened to the Honda City V MT? Did you trade in that for the Duster? Happy Motoring to you!
Thanks. I sold the City last year May itself. There has been multiple changes till then.
The Duster replaced the Ignis I bought last year after shifting to Delhi. Right now a Civic shares the garage with it. Can't imagine not having a fast revving NA petrol.
Altocumulus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 21:48   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I sold the City last year May itself. There has been multiple changes till then.
The Duster replaced the Ignis I bought last year after shifting to Delhi. Right now a Civic shares the garage with it. Can't imagine not having a fast revving NA petrol.
Wow, that's fast, How many kms did the City have at the time of sale? Looks like some cool 'retail' therapy! Now you've got me all wound up to sell the Elantra and go for something this festive season.
Old 20th September 2019, 16:37   #997
BHPian

My Duster AWD went for the 60K service. It is a very expensive service including replacement of timing belt. The front brake pad liners were also changed. In addition, the engine oil, oil filter, diesel filter, pollen filter and AC filter were all changed. I got the camber checked and adjusted and the wheel alignment and balancing was carried out externally at the MRF service center which does a good job.
The service bill came to Rs 30715.
The 60K and 120 K services are the most expensive it seems as the same items will be changed later at 120K service.
Old 20th September 2019, 17:20   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
My Duster AWD.
Timing belt or accessory belt?

Timing is supposed to be changed only on 2015( manufacturing year) or newer models.
Old 21st September 2019, 15:35   #999
BHPian

Timing belt. Mine was purchased in December 2015, month of manufacture was September 2015. The belt linked to the alternator was also changed.
Old 23rd September 2019, 23:54   #1000
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday Kolkata Bhpian's had a Duster AWD meet & it turned out to be fantastic with some slush driving, a photo-shoot of the Duster's with a beautiful backdrop, followed by some yummy food at Ecopark Golf cafeteria to end it!

Location was on a slushy field in the backyard of Rajarhat.

Once again the Duster's showed, how well it likes to dominate slush!

The participants were-

Pawan Bajpai with his 2015 Amazon Green Duster AWD (Team Bhp Handle- PapaBravo)

Sayantan Mondal with his 2015 Amazon Green Duster AWD (Team Bhp Handle- GhostRider28)

Debjit Mondal with his 2016 Outback Bronze Duster AWD (Team Bhp Handle- Delix)

Abhisek Lahiri with his 2017 Brown Duster AWD

Samba Sengupta with his 2018 Fiery Red Duster AWD (Team Bhp Handle- Samba)

Sugata Bose with his two weeks old preface-lift Orange Duster AWD (Team Bhp Handle- Altocumulus)

Basudeb Biswas with his one week old preface-lift Silver Duster AWD (Team Bhp Handle- JKDS)

Thanks to Bhpian Hikersoul aka Atish Chettri for accompanying us, though he do not own a Duster.

Sharing the pics-

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9851.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9852.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9857.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9858.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9866.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9870.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9876.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9878.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9880.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9883.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9886.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9887.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9889.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9893.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9896.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9902.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9908.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_9913.jpg

And this is the 1,000th post in this thread!

Last edited by Samba : 24th September 2019 at 00:14.
Samba is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 06:33   #1001
BHPian

These are some really lovely photos, Samba! Thank you for sharing them. Although a week old, but I really did not mind getting into the slush, getting stuck, and then experiencing the car's self-recovery capabilities. It's a lovely, capable tourer and soft roader.

If possible, please share the recovery video here.
JKDS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 16:05   #1002
BHPian

A 2D surface can never do justice in explaining the harshness of a 3D terrain. The tyre with mud all over however describes the terrain to some extent .
This is with stock wheel size , am I right. Anyone of you running 235 60 R16 ,wanted to know the feedback from those.

Last edited by ARAY : 24th September 2019 at 16:06.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 19:24   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDS View Post

If possible, please share the recovery video here.
Here you go buddy-

Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 03:48   #1004
BHPian

A question for the Duster AWD fans here, I hope to join your rank soon, and I have been eyeing some used 2015 AWD RXZ models that are around 60k kms. What all aspects of the vehicle should I look out for in a used AWD Duster before I take the plunge?

From reading the forums, my preliminary list of checks are:

Fuel Injectors - Do I need to get them tested? I believe it can cost around 6k to get a test done from a third party center. Do members have any recommendations where to take the vehicle to get the injectors tested in Gurgaon or the NCR?

Any signs of under body rusting

Clutch condition

Hydraulic suspension condition

If timing belt was replaced at 60k

Check when front brake pad liners were changed and condition.

Really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions to help me pick out the best used Duster that I can!

Last edited by HillyThar : 26th September 2019 at 03:49.
Old 27th September 2019, 00:44   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
Any signs of under body rusting

Clutch condition

Hydraulic suspension condition

If timing belt was replaced at 60k

Check when front brake pad liners were changed and condition.
Please add on these points, with the points you have already mentioned.

Check the values of all the 4 injectors. It should be between 0.80-1.10, Renault service center will do that.

Do check the service history at Renault, hope the differential oil was changed at-least once or twice.

Check out for left pulling while driving. (Check for uneven wear and tear on the tyres).

Fuel meter malfunctioning.

And the usual stuffs like accident history and other generals checkup's which we generally do before buying a pre-owned car.

Wish you all the best.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks