Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2015, 12:08   #241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Considering the stiffness in the new suspension and the disadvantage the 2WD have, I am seriously planning to get a Eaton MLD fitted. I have reached out to the dealer service (apparently did not know the Eaton product and keep me on the hook for 20 mins that my car is S10 and not E10... ) and in parallel awaiting confirmation from M&M of any potential issues with warranty.

I understand this is a standard fitment in all export models and considered OEM part. If any one has the M&M part number, I will greatly appreciate the help and will accelerate the process.
Old 18th March 2015, 11:39   #242
BHPian

Saw 4 new lot white scorps at a dealership in Delhi. Seems Mahindra has silently corrected their design error
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_20150318_075319.jpg  

TheG2 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 17:37   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Saw 4 new lot white scorps at a dealership in Delhi. Seems Mahindra has silently corrected their design error
Much better, I guess they have just made it body coloured.
Old 20th March 2015, 21:34   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
As per my ownership, the clutch action vary with the vehicle load. It is pretty smooth with light load, fully loaded the smoothness diminishes. Not sure if it's only me who has this observation.

Same pinch!
Not a Scorpio owner though, most of the modern diesels behave like this including my Verna.
Old 20th March 2015, 21:53   #245
Team-BHP Support

From what I know, deaership is painting the hatch door from consent of customer at some cost.

I would request to please verify/cross-check with a dealer on this.
Old 21st March 2015, 04:11   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
From what I know, deaership is painting the hatch door from consent of customer at some cost.

I would request to please verify/cross-check with a dealer on this.
I had confirmed with a dealer and he told that mahindra had indeed corrected their design by removing the patch, following the customer feedback. I saw 2 unregistered scorpios from the new lot the same day.
Old 21st March 2015, 09:14   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I had confirmed with a dealer and he told that mahindra had indeed corrected their design by removing the patch, following the customer feedback. I saw 2 unregistered scorpios from the new lot the same day.
Yes. Got it confirmed from dealer. It has been in manufacturing since last month.

The rear applique has been changed to body color. IMO, they should have simply retained the earlier tail-gate.

There was no mention of it (the Official Mahindra Scorpio website still shows the old, black applique) on their website, hence I wasn't fully buying this because dealers had been carrying out this mod since W105's inception.
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:27   #248
Team-BHP Support

The new Scorpio automatic has been spotted testing once again.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorp1.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorp2.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorp3.png

Source: Motor Octane
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 09:30   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
That is some fast corrective action!

Anyways, I kind of preferred the older design! It broke the monotony of the huge boot door. This one looks odd with the design element being there but painted in body colour.
Old 24th March 2015, 15:12   #250
BHPian

I somewhat agree with you. In my opinion, the rear applique did break the monotony in a subtle way on darker shades like black, blue and in fact looked good. On lighter shades especially white, it was a bit too "in your face" kind which I hated to the core.
Old 25th March 2015, 13:18   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The new Scorpio automatic has been spotted testing once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
That is some fast corrective action!
Anyways, I kind of preferred the older design! It broke the monotony of the huge boot door. This one looks odd with the design element being there but painted in body colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I somewhat agree with you. In my opinion, the rear applique did break the monotony in a subtle way on darker shades like black, blue and in fact looked good. On lighter shades especially white, it was a bit too "in your face" kind which I hated to the core.
The rear applique will not be missed, but they still lost the opportunity redesign the entire "Barn Door" they could have thought of giving a pull up door like the XUV 5OO
Old 25th March 2015, 18:55   #252
BHPian

That would have taken some major design changes in at least 3 of the body panels and having launched this facelift barely 5 months ago, I dont think mahindra can afford to do that. And given the scorpio tall stance, I guess it would be one hell of a job to pull the boot down for a short person.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 25th March 2015 at 19:07.
Old 25th March 2015, 23:03   #253
BHPian

Infotainment unit firmware updated for my S10. Rear camera is working fine with display on the infotainment unit. Appreciate accessories division, IG, St marks Rd,Bangalore to get the unit up and running. Firmware loader is available only in selected service stations. The display is similar to xuv but rear foot step causes some portions to be cropped. Otherwise useful to view the unseen rear portions during reverse.
ManuMacher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 11:50   #254
BHPian

Finally Sireesh auto also has the firm ware upgrade for S10.

For the EATON, they still don't have a clue.

My mails to them below.

Dear Mr.Miyer,

We are equipped to fit the reverse camera with necessary software & you can visit our location to get it done. The requested differential feedback can be shared with M&M and we can check your clutch operations during your visit to our workshop.

You can keep in touch with Mr.XXXX @+91 99000 XXXX who heads the service operations of Hosur Road & he will be more than happy to help you. Similarly you can write the product feedback to Mr.Yuvaraj who is copied here & he will share it with concerned team.

Thanks & regards,

P XXXX
General Manager - Service
Sireesh Auto Private Limited

Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:13 PM
To: XXXX
Cc: XXXX
Subject: Infotainment unit firmware updated for my S10+ Spares

Hi Anil,

I am writing to you to highlight two points.

1. I have been calling you from Nov’14 for the Reverse Camera and spare Alloy Wheel almost every week. You keep making promises with no results so far. I understand India Garage is already doing the firmware upgrade and camera fitment. Please let me know when can you make this available since its already 6 months the car was sold to me.

2. I would like to fit a EATON MLD in my Scorpio (S10) since the stiff rear suspension does not articulate over uneven terrain and as a result loose traction completely. I understand this is standard fitment for all models sold in Australia and South Africa. Please make the part available (Eaton MLD for S10 differential) and would like to do the fitment at your workshop to ensure there are no warranty issues.

3. I feel the clutch becoming a bit bouncy and juddering while releasing from stationary.

Please resolve the above issues at the earliest.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Rahul,

Please connect me to someone in the R&D at MRV or Production at Chakan. Would love to give feedback on some of the areas for continuous improvement as a loyal and in house customer.

Warm regards,
XXXX
Old 29th March 2015, 14:17   #255
BHPian

I am not sure about old scorpio but I am able to feel and hear some grinding noise near 1500 rpm. It feels something is trying to slow you down. It is mostly observed in lower gears. It was not present in first few months and observations are recent. I do not think it is engine deceleration but not sure. Any ideas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks