Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 16:05   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Guys, I'm about to lock my money on the S4 PLUS 4WD. I need some help before I can do that.

I have seen the 7 Seater variant of the S4, but need to see the 9 seater variant's Interior seating configuration.
I'd be very grateful if someone can post the relevant pics, since I am completely unable to locate either a 9 Seater vehicle or it's pictures.

Also - which, in your opinion, if better to go for?
Old 26th June 2015, 16:09   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have seen the 7 Seater variant of the S4, but need to see the 9 seater variant's Interior seating configuration.
9 seater variant would be...? Bench in the mid and the rear?
Old 26th June 2015, 16:11   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
9 seater variant would be...? Bench in the mid and the rear?
AFAIK-

9 Seater: 2(FF) + 3(FF) + [2(SF)+2(SF)]
7 Seater: 2(FF) + 3(FF) + [1(SF)+1(SF)]
Old 26th June 2015, 16:18   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK-

9 Seater: 2(FF) + 3(FF) + [2(SF)+2(SF)]
7 Seater: 2(FF) + 3(FF) + [1(SF)+1(SF)]
Check the last pic in this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1296632

IMO, the leg space in the middle row in a 9 seater would be less than that available in the 7 seater.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 26th June 2015 at 16:22.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 16:23   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

Cheers,
Vikram
The seats are pretty long, like the one in Bolero+

What about legroom for the middle bench?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 16:28   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The seats are pretty long, like the one in Bolero+

What about legroom for the middle bench?
Legroom in middle row is lesser than what is available in the 7 seater config.

Post 113 on page 8 of the same thread has side-on pics of the middle row (plus one more pic of the last bench seats)

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 16:30   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram. I have seen this configuration on the older Scorpio, but wanted to see the same in the Newer Generation. My primary concern is around, whether they move the second row forward, in order to make space for the longer Side Facing Benches.

EDIT: Your Subsequent responses came in while I was typing this reply. It is amply clear that in the older version, the Middle Row legroom takes a HUGE HIT, to accommodate the longer side facing benches at the rear.
Is it the same case, in the New Generation as well, or have they somehow managed to package it better?

Quote:
In the 7 seater configuration, does the middle row slide? For the bench type seat.
No, the Middle row can Flip Forward, but Not Slide from what I have observed.

Last edited by roy_libran : 26th June 2015 at 16:39.
Old 26th June 2015, 16:32   #353
Team-BHP Support

In the 7 seater configuration, does the middle row slide? For the bench type seat.
Old 26th June 2015, 18:05   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Legroom in middle row is lesser than what is available in the 7 seater config.

Post 113 on page 8 of the same thread has side-on pics of the middle row (plus one more pic of the last bench seats)

Cheers,
Vikram
Guys, Guess the ng scorpio has less carpet area compared to old one. The middle seat in 9 seater would be difficult to hop in and out.
Old 26th June 2015, 19:45   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, the Middle row can Flip Forward, but Not Slide from what I have observed.
From the Scorpio website, it seems sliding middle row is available in the 8 seater Front-facing and 7 seater Captain Seats variants for S6+ onwards.

Coming back to the variant you have chosen, I'd suggest the 7 seater. Apart from the extra leg space that it will offer over the 9 seater, delivering a S4+ 4WD 7 seater itself would be a rare occurrence for the dealer and will take some time. Why give them an excuse to delay it more by opting for the even rarer 9 seater?

Of course, it's another matter altogether if you need the 9 seats on a frequent basis.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 26th June 2015 at 19:47.
Old 1st July 2015, 20:06   #356
BHPian

Update on the AT launch:

Quote:
Indian SUV marker leader Mahindra and Mahindra is gearing up to launch the automatic version of its most popular SUV Scorpio in India.

Apparently the homegrown auto maker has recently submitted the all the paperwork for the RTO registration of the Vehicle. As per the new information revealed the new Mahindra Scorpio with Automatic Transmission (AT) will be offers in three variants S6+, S8 and S10.

As per the new revelation, the new Scorpio AT is expected to come with a 6-speed hydraulic automatic transmission

Wish they also would bring in the S4 plus 4x4 with an AT gearbox.

Link to the full article: http://www.oncars.in/car-news/mahind...n-process/6942

Last edited by Kairalee : 1st July 2015 at 20:16. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:01   #357

I have completed 13,000 kms on the new generation S10 Scorpio.This being my second Scorpio, the experience is much better without losing on the traditional performance of the Scorpio. It is very much a Scorpio still with marginal improvements on essential areas. Will write a detailed analysis soon
RedBull_73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 12:09   #358
BHPian

Completed 3 years and 45k KM on my Scorpio Automatic.

Have had to take the car through some really bad roads, jungle roads, water logged roads, slush etc during my travels. Has held up quite well. No major problems, but am listing out the issues that I have faced till now.

Initially I had some issues with a noise from the rear differential. That was completely replaced by Mahindra (Details here -http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2831724

The sticker with the graphics on the bonnet was really faded and Mahindra gave me a new set free of cost. I have removed the existing ones, but have not put in the new one on the bonnet.

There are two air conditioner pipes that run near the driver foot pedals. These started making a grinding kind of noise when the engine revs up. Typically in the 90-100 KMPH speed range. This started around 10k KM. According to the ASC, India Garage, this is because the fasteners that anchor the pipes to the body panel that separates the cabin from the engine bay comes loose. So they tighten it and the noise goes away for about a 100 KM. After two such attempts, I fixed the problem using a cable tie to hold the pipes taut.

The rear side facing seat (RHS) starts making noise if the car is driven when its folded. Solved by not keeping it folded.

The Cruise Control buttons came loose. Replaced the whole assembly under warranty.

The arm-rests on the seats seem to move away from you with use. I just pull them in with my bare hands. I dont have to do this very often; once in maybe 5-6 months. But I am waiting for the day it will break and come off in my hands.

The only problem I have currently is with the Security alarm going off randomly. Did some digging and found that this happens only when the car is parked in the sun. And only on sunny days. So either the electronics cant bear the heat that builds up in the car, or the heating up of the car pushes out the doors to a point where the alarm switch activates. I explained these to the India Garage mechanic, and he said it could be the latter. Anyway, have disconnected the alarm horn for now since I don't want to wake up the neighbors from their afternoon siesta on a quiet, warm Sunday afternoon.

On the mechanical side, the engine, as expected is still a dream. Once it heats up, its really quiet and works well. The automatic transmission is a bit, shall I say, emotional. It used to get into hunting mode often, but with the latest software, it is behaving well.

Had some issues with the automatic making a "bump" when shifting down. This was at about 25k KM. A software upgrade fixed that too.

Got the brake pads replaced once. And the wheel alignment/balancing/rotation is done regularly. The tyres still have quite a bit of life left in them.

So overall, a great experience so far. Have only serviced at ASCs and have been generally happy with the experience (a few incidents not withstanding).

I am still enjoying the car to its fullest. But have my eyes on the new XUV 500. Will get that as soon as I am able to convince the wife.
harikrishnanm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 10:05   #359
BHPian

Not sure if anyone has updated this thread: The Scorpio Automatic got launched yesterday, pricing around 15.5 lakhs from various news items on the net. It comes with the same 2.2 mHawk engine, with a 6 speed AT.

I looked up the Scorpio official site for the release: http://www.mahindra.com/News/Press-Releases/1293778359

Interesting excerpt: The Scorpio Automatic has a fully electronically controlled automatic gearbox which results in shorter shift times and hence, improved drivability. This is a major technological improvement over earlier Automatics which were hydraulic controlled.

Lets wait for test drive feedback!

Last edited by anshuman_v : 16th July 2015 at 10:08.
Old 16th July 2015, 19:14   #360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Not sure if anyone has updated this thread: The Scorpio Automatic got launched yesterday, pricing around 15.5 lakhs from various news items on the net. It comes with the same 2.2 mHawk engine, with a 6 speed AT.

I looked up the Scorpio official site for the release: http://www.mahindra.com/News/Press-Releases/1293778359

Interesting excerpt: The Scorpio Automatic has a fully electronically controlled automatic gearbox which results in shorter shift times and hence, improved drivability. This is a major technological improvement over earlier Automatics which were hydraulic controlled.

Lets wait for test drive feedback!
You have dug out an old press release somehow. The new scorpio no longer follows VLS/VLX naming convention. It was the previous generation scorpio which was sold with a 6 speed gearbox from DSI. Not sure about the new one though. This should probably come with an aisin gearbox. The price list, it seems has been distributed to the dealers and they are accepting bookings too, but still not launched as far as I know.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks