Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 02:54   #466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Hi Team,

Today I got the delivery of Scorpio S10.
Feeling the devil inside coming alive.
Overall experience of 20 km initial drive is awesome.The power is just addictive.
T Y A G I is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 10:15   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Hi Team,

Today I got the delivery of Scorpio S10..
Congratulations for the new S10! Could you please share the details of comparisons, test drives and delivery experience. What is the seating arrangement?
Old 11th November 2015, 16:20   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Hi Team,

Today I got the delivery of Scorpio S10.
Feeling the devil inside coming alive.
Overall experience of 20 km initial drive is awesome.The power is just addictive.
Congratulations, Tyagi . Drive safe and wishing you many more happy miles to come.
Looking forward to an initial ownership report with good photos.

I'm not sure if this is the right time to ask about body-roll and the stability of the ride. Some say, it is good and some say it is good compared to the earlier version. Can you please let me know ?
Old 12th November 2015, 18:15   #469
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Some say, it is good and some say it is good compared to the earlier version. Can you please let me know ?
Body roll has come down by leaps and bounds and handling too has improved very significantly. It cannot be compared to crossovers like the Duster but this is one Scorpio which is completely different beast.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:04   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Congratulations for the new S10! Could you please share the details of comparisons, test drives and delivery experience. What is the seating arrangement?
Thanks a lot for the best wishes.

Since this is not my tread.I will be starting a new thread shortly once I get time from my too much busy schedule to answer your questions.

Regards,
Lalit
Old 17th November 2015, 10:44   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Recently, as part of the Mahindra Himalyan Spiti Escape, I drove the 4wd-S10 version for 10 days for approx 1500 KMs over highways, hilly tracks, bad roads, no roads, hill climbing, and some offroad also.
@khan_sultan , Request to update whether you used FATC (Fully Automatic Temperature Control) in heater mode during your trip. Would like to understand the working of heater in colder climate .
Old 22nd November 2015, 17:16   #472
BANNED

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

I couldn't find a better thread to get the audience of fellow Scorpio owners. As had been mentioned by me earlier, the clutch on my 2015 Scorpio seems to be tighter than normal. I went in expecting it to be an effort above my petrol car, but at 4000 Kms the clutch had a rough, grinding feel to it on a long trip.

I had the MASS check it on the scheduled first service, and apparently they put some kind of lube and told me that Mahindra had offered this official solution. Anyway, at 7272 kms now, the clutch hasn't gotten any worse but worryingly, hasn't gotten any better.

If someone can offer their experience and expertise on the following problems, it will be of great help;

a. The clutch in general feels an effort. In fact, people who have followed my comments and threads would know, I ended up buying an automatic - one reason being an aching knee due to the clutch on the Scorpio.

b. Initially, the clutch behaves normally, however if one pushes the engine a little and tries to shift at 2500/3000, the clutch become perceptibly hard.

c. After a longish drive, can be certain the clutch becomes a grinding irritant.

Hope to address these problems in January, when I will send it for servicing. Either the car goes to its doctor at MASS, or I have to go to mine for my knee. (Hey! Wait a minute. I just started my third decade) :(

Last edited by methecupid : 22nd November 2015 at 17:29.
Old 24th November 2015, 18:14   #473
BHPian

The grinding could be from the releaser bearing or worse from irregular wear or defective clutch plate/pressure plate.

My observation is whenever the engine room is washed with some water splashing on the clutch bell, the clutch shudders. Which means there is an orifice through water or moisture is making its way in. If you have driven in an inundated road the releaser bearing could have got damaged as the grease would have become an emulsion or the plates would have shuddered causing uneven wearing.

One more observation is that the counter weight on the propeller shaft although is a blessing to reign in the vibration and lag between the engine and differential play, there is still a vibration that starts between 95 and 105 KMPH and this resonates throughout the body.

During my first service the rear drums were recalled and changed as I had particularly complained that the vibrations that were unbearable from 80KMPH upwards. After that change the vibrations remain only at the above mention speeds and my suspicion is on the counter weight.
Old 19th December 2015, 11:56   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I couldn't find a better thread to get the audience of fellow Scorpio owners. As had been mentioned by me earlier, the clutch on my 2015 Scorpio seems to be tighter than normal. I went in expecting it to be an effort above my petrol car, but at 4000 Kms the clutch had a rough, grinding feel to it on a long trip.

I had the MASS check it on the scheduled first service, and apparently they put some kind of lube and told me that Mahindra had offered this official solution. Anyway, at 7272 kms now, the clutch hasn't gotten any worse but worryingly, hasn't gotten any better.

If someone can offer their experience and expertise on the following problems, it will be of great help;

a. The clutch in general feels an effort. In fact, people who have followed my comments and threads would know, I ended up buying an automatic - one reason being an aching knee due to the clutch on the Scorpio.

b. Initially, the clutch behaves normally, however if one pushes the engine a little and tries to shift at 2500/3000, the clutch become perceptibly hard.

c. After a longish drive, can be certain the clutch becomes a grinding irritant.

Hope to address these problems in January, when I will send it for servicing. Either the car goes to its doctor at MASS, or I have to go to mine for my knee. (Hey! Wait a minute. I just started my third decade) :(
Hi

Ask the ASS to replace the release bearing of the clutch.
Also ask them to remove the clutch dust cover and clean it throughly.

This should solve the hard clutch issue.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 13:24   #475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
Here is a small update..... My question is are Automobile Brands taking the Indian Consumers for a ride or we have all turned a blind eye to the whims and fancies of dealers.
Spot on, gmalik! This problem needs to be highlighted as much as possible in forums like T-BHP and all other related fora. I have often come across write-ups where the apparently condescending/indifferent attitude of dealers/mfrs. towards potential customers is mentioned in a passing way.

The thing is that unless a concerted effort - read noise! - is made in the relevant media which can touch that tender spot in the mfrs. epidermis, we shall continue being at the recieving end of this attitude.

Your tweets to the M&M ivory tower at least resulted in a prompt response from the dealer in question & I hope you follow up till you get a proper TD of the Scorpio automatic!
Old 28th December 2015, 14:36   #476
BHPian

Took delivery of a new Scorpio S10 4WD black in November end. Just came back from a freezing Bhutan trip with my family on Christmas day. The car just felt awesome keeping in mind my previous car to be a Duster 110PS. Further there were no starting problems at subzero temperatures, -6°C to be precise.
himadrimondal is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 19:28   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Took delivery of a new Scorpio S10 4WD black in November end. Just came back from a freezing Bhutan trip with my family on Christmas day. The car just felt awesome keeping in mind my previous car to be a Duster 110PS. Further there were no starting problems at subzero temperatures, -6°C to be precise.
Dear himadrimondal,

Great!
Are we going to see a new thread on this - in the near future?
I shall look forward to it.

Girish Mahajan
Old 28th December 2015, 20:27   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Hi himadrimondal, that is a news. Well, first of all many congratulations on taking the delivery of new Scorpio S10 4WD black. I guess you wanted to thoroughly enjoy your Black Beast at least for a month before breaking this news. But, if I may ask, why the change in loyalties, from a soft roader Duster to a true ladder on frame SUV?

How much had your Duster run? Did you sell it off? If yes, then what price. Hope you don't mind me asking too many questions
Old 28th December 2015, 22:03   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear himadrimondal,

Great!
Are we going to see a new thread on this - in the near future?
I shall look forward to it.

Girish Mahajan

Hello Sir, no idea if a new thread is going to come up. Lets see what cooks in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi himadrimondal, that is a news. Well, first of all many congratulations on taking the delivery of new Scorpio S10 4WD black. I guess you wanted to thoroughly enjoy your Black Beast at least for a month before breaking this news. But, if I may ask, why the change in loyalties, from a soft roader Duster to a true ladder on frame SUV?

How much had your Duster run? Did you sell it off? If yes, then what price. Hope you don't mind me asking too many questions
Its true that I have declared the news a bit late on Tbhp though quiet a number of members know about it. Infact SS Traveller, a distinguished bhp had a big hand in the delivery of the Scorpio.
Yes the loyalties have changed. The Duster was not inspiring me confidence on steep inclines, few places where I do take my family sometimes. Moreover except long family trips, the Duster was sitting idle as my Thar was all over me. Hence thought of letting the 2WD Duster go and may be bring in the AWD Duster. Walking into the shabby Renault Central in a posh locality in Kolkata, checked out the AWD. The sales man offered me an exchange price of 5.5L for the Duster. That was the deal breaker. I mean just 5.5L ? I probably did not take more care of my wife than I did for the Duster. Not a single scratch, not a single dent at 39k plus on the odo. Even with a depreciation of 1L a year I should get atleast 8L.
Walked out of the showroom with my wife and went straight to see the Scorpio. Loved the new design since its launch but somehow did not give room for the affection to brew. The moment my wife saw it, she was floored. The entire package of S10 was very tempting. Even the presence of the vehicle wrt the Duster is overwhelming. Coming back to the exchange, Mahindra guys offered me 7L straight. I moved down to 7.5 but was finally settled at 7.2L. Test drive was not required as I had already done that much before all this drama. Hence the Scorpio 4WD.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 28th December 2015 at 22:07.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 10:56   #480
BHPian

Took delivery of my S4+ white scorpio yesterday. The dealer only had this or a W8 AWD XUV in stock. Went for the Scorpio in the end and got 50k discount as I didn't have a car to exchange. One thing I noticed while taking delivery was there is no engine guard at the bottom of the vehicle. As I live in Manali and willbe driving mostly here, I would like to have an engine guard installed. Any ideas or recommendations?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks