Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 17:39   #661
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Karthik Chandra,

The Scorpio is now with the Aisin box. I do not know since when. I read it somewhere. Let me see if I can find it again!

Girish Mahajan
Don't know if its changed recently but in the review by Autocar its mentioned as being manufactured by DSI.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-397830.aspx

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 1st September 2016 at 17:42.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 17:47   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Don't know if its changed recently but in the review by Autocar its mentioned as being manufactured by DSI.
I could be wrong!
The TD that I had taken had given me a good feeling. So - here I am - with my fingers crossed!!
Now that the car is at the dealer, this cannot be a reason for not taking it!!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 20:04   #663
BANNED

Quote:
I could be wrong!
Very likely. Any such change would have been communicated to the media and subsequently to the others. Also, since the current Aisin GB used by M&M for the XUY is mated to different gear ratios, it cannot be a straight fit to the Scorpio.

Lastly, there are no reports/photos of any Scorpio test mules doing the rounds which further cements my thinking. When are you going to the yard for the PDI?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:28   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Very likely. Any such change would have been communicated to the media and subsequently to the others. Also, since the current Aisin GB used by M&M for the XUY is mated to different gear ratios, it cannot be a straight fit to the Scorpio.

Lastly, there are no reports/photos of any Scorpio test mules doing the rounds which further cements my thinking. When are you going to the yard for the PDI?
Dear n.devdath,

Like I have said before - I am keeping my fingers crossed about the quality of gear box - Aisin or DSI - neither of them are selling in significant numbers!!

I am going for a PDI on Saturday, 3 Sep 2016. Want to join me? A 'small' Bangalore Pune trip??

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 2nd September 2016, 10:01   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Want to join me? A 'small' Bangalore Pune trip??
Would have loved to (with your sponsorship of course) but have plans for tomorrow already, in fact, another PDI of a pre owned Q7.

Where are going to, at Pune? Sahyadri? If yes, I know quite a few people there. Holler if you need anything.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 10:19   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Would have loved to (with your sponsorship of course) but have plans for tomorrow already, in fact, another PDI of a pre owned Q7.

Where are going to, at Pune? Sahyadri? If yes, I know quite a few people there. Holler if you need anything.
Dear n.devdath,

If you come to Pune, I can take care of your stay - that much sponsorship I can do!! My finances are going to dry up due to the new Scorpio!!

Anyway, jokes apart, TBHPians are always welcome - Pune or Mumbai.

You are right - Sahyadri it is! So far the experience has been good. I hope I do not have to holler to you....

Girish Mahajan
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:06   #667
BHPian

@GKMahajan, the service schedule is 5K for first service, 10K for second and then every 10K interval. The best part by Mahindra is that there is no time limit!
I had done Pune-Nashik trip in first month itself when the car had not even done 1000km.
BTW, would have liked to join you on 3rd but I will be out of city for the weekend.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:00   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
@GKMahajan, the service schedule is 5K for first service, 10K for second and then every 10K interval. The best part by Mahindra is that there is no time limit!
I had done Pune-Nashik trip in first month itself when the car had not even done 1000km.
BTW, would have liked to join you on 3rd but I will be out of city for the weekend.
Dear timuseravan,

Thanks for the update on service schedule.
I am going to miss you on 3rd. Maybe we can meet up for the actual delivery - in the week after that - maybe 9th!!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:28   #669
BHPian

I am on my way for pre-registration inspection of my Scorpio S10 AT!
Wish me luck.

Girish Mahajan
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:48   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Wish me luck.

Girish Mahajan
All the very best and really happy for you. I am sure you must be getting butterflies in stomach or what psychologists call Eustress
Look forward to your first pictures of new family member.
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 19:55   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Mahajan Sir, many congratulations to you in advance and all the best for the "D" day. I hope you would be following the TBHP PDI checklist. Just in case you are scrambling in getting hold of it, I am pasting it below for your quick reference.

Edit: There is one more, which I actually used for the PDI of my car, attaching that below.
Dear AutoIndian,

Used your checklist! Thanks to you I left the SA impressed! So much so that he told me that he had shown the earlier list to his manager. Now his manager wants to meet me!

It took a long time, but it was worth it.

By the way, missed you!

Quote:
Wish me luck.

Girish Mahajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
All the very best and really happy for you. I am sure you must be getting butterflies in stomach or what psychologists call Eustress
Look forward to your first pictures of new family member.
Dear vikaashu,

Thanks a lot for the wishes. I will take 'proper' pictures during the final delivery and post them.

A brief summary of the pre registration inspection:

I had been told to be the Sahyadri Motors showroom by 10:30~11:00. I reached there with my wife by 11:00. After brief chatting and a cup of coffee each, we were ready to leave for the yard.

What fun! The SA does not want to go in our WagonR. So, we sign out the Scorpio S10 Test Drive vehicle! Due to on-going work on the highway, the roads to and fro were one way streets. So had to drive through some 'testing' streets and roads to reach the storage yard. In a way, it was actually fun. We reached by about noon. It took us about one hour to complete the inspection. Thanks to the TBHP list and special thanks to the updated list from TBHPian AutoIndian.

Notes:
In the evening, at home, my wife and I realized that we had not checked about how to open the fuel lid. We know how to do it - but that could be added to the checklist.
Similarly, there was no special item specific to the AT.

Anyway, went back to the showroom. Got the WagonR valued. WagonR to be exchanged with the Scorpio on the D-day. Paid my share. Gave clearance to ICICI to make payment of their share. Sadly, they have been given a holiday today and on Monday! Ouch! 3 days delay in me getting the car! Man proposes GOD disposes!! Had a discussion with the accessories guy. He is offering a meager 5% discount!

Shortlisted:
Scuff plates with light - 4500
Front sensor - 4500
Reverse camera (integrating into the display) - 4500
Tracking system TP2000 - 9800
Estimated total - 23300
less 5% - 22135

He is not recommending the front sensor! Says that the failure rate is high. I felt that - even if it lasts long enough for the three of us to get a feel, then it is paisa vasool! Keeping my fingers crossed!

He is recommending Floor Lamination PU for 5500. I am opposing. My dear friends on this site - please express your opinions on this!

By the way, the final financials:
Model - Scorpio S10 AT 2wd BS4 8 seater - Diamond White
Vehicle cost - 13,48,461
Registration - 1,68,838
Insurance - 48,321
LBT - 53,938
Ex - 21,366
Charges - 1970
Advance Income tax - 1% - 13,485
On road - 16,56,379
WagonR exchange - 2,25,000
Exchange bonus - 15,000
Discount - 23,500
Real On Road to me - 16,17,879
Estimated accessories - 22,135
Total payment to Sahyadri Motors - 16,40,014

I have forgotten to ask the SA if under body coating is required. I will do that later.
Cushions I will decide later.

I had a detailed discussion regarding the insurance.
Thanks to TBHP, I was reasonably clear that NVB can be transferred. Their 'expert' felt that it cannot be done for first year. According to him, it would have to be done for the next year! I told him that this did not make sense!

Called up Maruti dealer's insurance person. A couple of calls later, it became clear that they were willing to arrange the certificate. A couple of calls to the M&M dealer's insurance guy and it becomes clear that they are willing to accept the 45% NCB certificate. In summary, if the certificate comes before the insurance of Scorpio is done, then it will reflect directly. If it comes late, they will send the certificate to the insurance company - who will pay the amount to me! I am thrilled. I expect about Rs 23,194 benefit. Jai Team-BHP!!

Then my net outlay for the Scorpio at Sahyadri Motors will be Rs 16,16,820.
Additionally, I am going to use the Income Tax in my return!

So, real net outlay to Sahyadri Motors is 16,03,335!!

Reached back home by 3:00 pm! Hungry but happy!!

I expect the car to come home with number plate some time around 9 or 10 Sep 2016. It seems there is some issue at the RTO and there might be a delay! Anyway, I am optimistic! Will keep you guys and gals updated!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:53   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear AutoIndian,

Used your checklist! Thanks to you I left the SA impressed! So much so that he told me that he had shown the earlier list to his manager. Now his manager wants to meet me!

It took a long time, but it was worth it.

By the way, missed you!
My pleasure and apologies I could not join you as some 11th hour office work kept me busy throughout the day
Quote:
Thanks to the TBHP list and special thanks to the updated list from TBHPian AutoIndian.
Note: The credit for the updated PDI checklist goes to TBHP and the BHPians how have enhanced it over a period of time. I had even helped a close friend of mine by physically verifying each & every point of the checklist while doing the PDI for his new Vento TDi, but not everyone is courteous like you to reciprocate that little help and it was unfortunate that he never bothered to inform me when he was taking the delivery, leave aside even a courtesy call to have a look at his new car.

Quote:
In the evening, at home, my wife and I realized that we had not checked about how to open the fuel lid. We know how to do it - but that could be added to the checklist.
Good point, you can definitely add it to the list. The position of the fuel lid lever won't be any different from other cars and should be at the right hand bottom of the driver's seat.

Quote:
He is recommending Floor Lamination PU for 5500. I am opposing. My dear friends on this site - please express your opinions on this!
I would say stay away from this. It is not required in the first place if you go for good floor mats. Neither you have any small kids who are likely to spill some soft drinks or ice cream on the floor. If ever you got for it get it done from outside, it will cost you 3.5K or 4K at the max (Note: 1.5 years back it costed me Rs 3.3K for my Innova, which has a larger floor than the Scorpio)

Quote:
By the way, the final financials:
Model - Scorpio S10 AT 2wd BS4 8 seater - Diamond White
Vehicle cost - 13,48,461
Registration - 1,68,838
Insurance - 48,321
LBT - 53,938
Ex - 21,366
Charges - 1970
Advance Income tax - 1% - 13,485
Can you please elaborate on the last 3 items, Ex, Charges & Advance Income Tax. I never paid any of these while making the payment for my TUV, neither were these part of the quotation.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 22:47   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

hi Girish, Advance Wishing for the new Scorpio !!

Quote:
Had a discussion with the accessories guy. He is offering a meager 5% discount!
Check for accessories outside. Accessories are actually where the guys make a nice profit. Yet you dont get much choice at the dealership.

Quote:
Not really required. Taxi's use them, since there's too much "passenger" ride in them.

Quote:
I have forgotten to ask the SA if under body coating is required.
No. Today's cars dont.

Seat covers - personal preference - Fabric or pure leather. Else the ones from Elegant auto. I avoid art leather since it doesnt breathe, heats up and causes sweating.

Quote:
Had a discussion with the accessories guy. He is offering a meager 5% discount!
One suggestion - take your time with the accesssories. Get the priority ones like mats etc immediately. Then shop around for the others. Though it is nice to have everything ready at or immediately after delivery, taking some time can help get a more rounded setup.

Last edited by SDP : 4th September 2016 at 09:44. Reason: merging as requested
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 07:18   #674
Team-BHP Support

Scuff plates with lamps. These require some spliced wires, you sure want to do this on a new car? Normal scuff plates would suffice IMO.

20% off is the norm if no other offers are available with your dealer, you can sure bargain.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 09:31   #675
BHPian

Quote:
My pleasure and apologies I could not join you as some 11th hour office work kept me busy throughout the day
Note: The credit for the updated PDI checklist goes to TBHP and the BHPians how have enhanced it over a period of time.
Dear AutoIndian,
No apologies please! I even told my wife that I had underestimated the time required for the process. If you would have had to take out so much time, I would have felt guilty!
Regarding the list, you don't kill the messenger for a bad news, but you definitely reward the bringer of good news (good list in this case!)!

Quote:
I would say stay away from this. It is not required in the first place if you go for good floor mats. Neither you have any small kids who are likely to spill some soft drinks or ice cream on the floor. If ever you got for it get it done from outside, it will cost you 3.5K or 4K at the max (Note: 1.5 years back it costed me Rs 3.3K for my Innova, which has a larger floor than the Scorpio)
I am not planning an PU coating - at least to start with!

Quote:
Can you please elaborate on the last 3 items, Ex, Charges & Advance Income Tax. I never paid any of these while making the payment for my TUV, neither were these part of the quotation.
Ex is I think Excise
Charges were I think RTO charges. I know I could have challenged this. I did not think it worth it.
Advance Income Tax is now compulsory for all vehicles above 10 lakh Rs. This is not relevant for the TUV.

Note: I have an excel file where I compare various companies, various dealers, etc. In fact, I found these charges less than others (in some cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Girish, Advance Wishing for the new Scorpio !!
Thank you condor!

Quote:
Check for accessories outside. Accessories are actually where the guys make a nice profit. Yet you dont get much choice at the dealership.
Actually, the S10 is a top end model and does not 'need' any accessories really. I think what I am looking for is too model specific. From past experience, outside safety devices did not function as good as the dealer supplied ones! Also, I want the dealer to make a bit of direct money. I expect to get better service from them.

Anyway, thanks for the honest advice.

Quote:

Not really required. Taxi's use them, since there's too much "passenger" ride in them.
I think so too!

Quote:

No. Today's cars dont.
Most probably you are right. However, I think I will still check out. After all my car is going to do a lot of Pune Mumbai. Mumbai weather can kill the iron parts real quick!

Quote:

Seat covers - personal preference - Fabric or pure leather. Else the ones from Elegant auto. I avoid art leather since it doesnt breathe, heats up and causes sweating.
You are right. I am just keeping this decision for later.

Quote:
One suggestion - take your time with the accesssories. Get the priority ones like mats etc immediately. Then shop around for the others. Though it is nice to have everything ready at or immediately after delivery, taking some time can help get a more rounded setup.
I am not planning to spend much on accessories. But, I am planning to do it the way you suggested - in two or three stages! The first stage is for the 'essentials' only.

Thanks guys for pitching in!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks