Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 10:46   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

The new Scorpio automatic has been spotted testing on the Delhi-Gurgaon highway.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 11:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a yellow plate S10 in Navi Mumbai today, still in plastic covers but was spewing dense blue black smoke.
Old 1st November 2014, 13:31   #78
BHPian

According to Autocar Professional, new Mahindra Scoprio received 12,000 bookings. Looks like an impressive figure. We need to wait and see how many of them are actually getting converted to delivery.
Old 1st November 2014, 17:31   #79
BHPian

The front looks amazing, the bonet & headlamps look inspired from the Range Rover. The rear looks badly done up.The interiors look refreshed, although I found the fit & finish of the front seat arm rests very shoddy. I own a 2012 Scorp and the most prominent change while driving is the smooth gear box, although I personally did not like the small sedan like gear shift knob.
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:40   #80
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review.
Rubber beadings on front glass?! That looks cheap.
I wish to make a suggestion,please include pictures of lower variants too ,especially interiors.
There seems like significant changes in features list from variant to variant.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:12   #81
BHPian

I had a glance of the new beast. Quite a stunner.
Now, my questions. Our requirements are comfort, highway ride and off-road capability. The car has to be safe. I am a student of Class 7, so I won't be driving her. Driving her would be my father who is a novice driver.
So, which SUV should we look at- the Renault Duster AWD, The Safari Storme VX 4x4, or the new Mahindra Scorpio S10 4x4?
Old 2nd November 2014, 11:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Now, my questions. Our requirements are comfort, highway ride and off-road capability. The car has to be safe. I am a student of Class 7, so I won't be driving her. Driving her would be my father who is a novice driver.
So, which SUV should we look at- the Renault Duster AWD, The Safari Storme VX 4x4, or the new Mahindra Scorpio S10 4x4?
With the info you have provided I would suggest Duster, Storme, Scorpio in that order. But better to post your detailed requirement in the What car section to get more responses
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:38   #83
BHPian

Excellent review. I was eagerly awaiting for this one review. The vehicle turned out to be much better than the spy photos except for the rear.

Now we need a proper comparison between Storme, Scorpio and Duster AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Uniquely, the recommended brand of fluids are mentioned on the side of the driver's door:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The new Scorpio automatic has been spotted testing on the Delhi-Gurgaon highway.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
The sticker says for Auto Transmission use only FUCHS 3292 oil. So an A/T was already in the works.

As per FUCHS website,

''TITAN ATF 3292 is specially designed for use in fully-automatic 6-speed passenger car and SUV gearboxes (6p805) manufactured by DSIH. Due to the balanced ratio of viscosity and additive system developed by FUCHS, TITAN ATF 3292 distinguishes itself from conventional ATFs.

The formulation also represents the latest technology in friction control leading to high friction durability and shudder protection.

Main application

TITAN ATF 3292 is the only approved aftermarket transmission fluid for DSIH 6P805 transmissions. It has been specially developed to fulfil the challenging friction requirements of the DSIH 6-Speed automatic transmission to ensure smooth and proper shifting behaviour during the full lifetime of the gearbox.

Product Name TITAN ATF 3292
Specifications / Approvals DSIH 5M-66 Material Specification Rev 3
SSANG YONG equipped with DSIH Transmissions''

I guess DSIH is Drivetrain Systems International.

Last edited by Dhar's : 2nd November 2014 at 12:42.
Dhar's is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
For a novice driver the best of the lot would be a Renault Duster. Any particular reason for the AWD, it is not required unless you plan to go off roading very often.

Safari is more sedate than the Scorpio at higher speeds on the road but has its own issues with niggles and after sales service.

I am not too sure about the improved handling of the new generation Scorpio, but the older ones handle like a boat in choppy seas at speeds over 80 and you have to have a keen understanding of the vehicle to steer it safely at higher speeds. Even if the suspension in the new Scorpio is improved the shell design itself is such that it does not cut air efficiently and at high speeds it would still be unstable.
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Seen quite a few on the roads already. Apparently build quality, ride and handling, quality and finesse do not matter to the average buyer.
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

The plastic (virtual grab handle ) used to cover the tower reflector area of the older Scorpio looks gross and protrudes like an overgrowth, if I buy the Scorpio I have a good mind to replace it with the reflectors set from the older gen Scorpio since there is no change in the body design.
I think they missed a great opportunity there. The tower reflectors could have been replaces with a LED tail design that extends from the mail tail light (something like the volvo). That would have been a eye-catcher.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:15   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Apparently build quality, ride and handling, quality and finesse do not matter to the average buyer.
Because there is more to it. And build quality? Does the Scorpio not last 2-3L kms of abuse?

And which other 4X4 ladder on frame SUV comes at this price?
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Because there is more to it. And build quality? Does the Scorpio not last 2-3L kms of abuse?
And your point being that Mahindra can and should get away with lacking any of what I mentioned because it can handle abuse. And no I haven't comes across any Scorpio which can handle 2-3 lakh kilometers of "abuse". Only Innova's and Qualis's.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd November 2014 at 12:25.
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:37   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

And which other 4X4 ladder on frame SUV comes at this price?
Quote:
And your point being that Mahindra can and should get away with lacking any of what I mentioned because it can handle abuse. And no I haven't comes across any Scorpio which can handle 2-3 lakh kilometers of "abuse". Only Innova's and Qualis's.
4 lakh and counting.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3563983
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seen quite a few on the roads already. Apparently build quality, ride and handling, quality and finesse do not matter to the average buyer.
SUV's are a rage today, and what better than a Scorpio to look down upon (literally) rest of the mainstream traffic . At this price point there is no competition. Tata & Force missed the bandwagon with utilitarian vehicles while M&M is laughing all the way to the bank with all the gizmos in the Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
I think they missed a great opportunity there. The tower reflectors could have been replaces with a LED tail design that extends from the mail tail light (something like the volvo). That would have been a eye-catcher.
That is exactly what I also feel. my LED tower is WIP for last one year currently it is static all lighting up in one go, after trying to use varying current to light it up in steps failed (I do not want it to be linked it to the brake pressure as it would need a lot of effort and change of brake light switch which I don't want to temper with). I have come up with an idea now to use the a Chinese Diwali lights circuit which blink in alternate sequence, instead of removing some of the LED's I will black them out and use them in a top up and down sequence by taking the poser from the brake light. Given time this should be through in another month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks