Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 18:04   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Since when JBL speakers start coming as OE? It is not there in my 4WD S10. Though, sound quality is decent.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 09:43   #182
Team-BHP Support

Have driven my 4WD Scorpio in all sorts of terrain, save for snow.

The most exhilarating part is the ride of the 4WD Scorpio. It is amazing. I am amazed as to how the car tracks true. Ride is supple/composed and not firm with underlying stiffness associated with monocoques. [I am coming from a Figo/Yeti]

After multiple drives my parents (aged over 70) too cement this.

As most will know I have a late 2013 VLX (2WD) as well, it was amazing to see the suspension articulation on corners of the VLX wrt the 4WD.

Engaged 4 Low as well at a place where the 4H simply spinned tires. [Front tire didn't spin much, while rear continued spinning] We were 4 people on board and I was taking that small climb with steering turned to the extreme right.

Trying to pen the ownership, but the Scorpio just keeps calling me back
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 14:59   #183
BHPian

@Sheel, "phallic" hub caps not visible in your snaps - I think in older 4wd scorps they would be prominent and visible in the camera angle for the snap you posted of handover of keys - or is it that skirting around has increased so much that it is hiding the hubs?
Old 30th December 2014, 22:55   #184
Senior - BHPian

Went to the Mahindra dealership to buy a white S 10 4WD scorpio. Obviously a 4WD test vehicle for not avaiable for a demo but a normal 4x2 S10 was there.

I chose to sit on the front passenger seat instead of driving it.

Very few cubby holes than my present VLX 4WD where do I store my phone and sunglasses and coins ? Very limited space indeed. A major negative.

Position of the blue tooth mike not improved. One has to tilt his head up and shout into it for a clear conversation.

Less gizmos in a Mahindra the better, this trip computer etc. is guarenteed to be highly inaccurate. The interior is good but garish and the octagonal speedometer and tacho looks rather cheap more like a 2 wheelers.

The ride quality was no improvement the lower tyre profile does not improve things. Also the supposidly new gearbox still vibrates a lot. Mahindra have failed to address this issue.

The dealership said why purchase right now come back in the 1st week of January 2015 and it will be a new year model. Fine I said. It will take them 3 to 4 weeks to get the 4WD version from Nasik anyway.

Last edited by desertfox : 30th December 2014 at 22:56.
Old 31st December 2014, 10:25   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
@Sheel, "phallic" hub caps not visible in your snaps - I think in older 4wd scorps they would be prominent and visible in the camera angle for the snap you posted of handover of keys - or is it that skirting around has increased so much that it is hiding the hubs?
No, from as I see it, I find no difference between the 4WD & 2WD hub caps, they are not prominent/exposed like earlier iteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Very few cubby holes than my present VLX 4WD where do I store my phone and sunglasses and coins ? Very limited space indeed. A major negative.

Position of the blue tooth mike not improved. One has to tilt his head up and shout into it for a clear conversation.

Less gizmos in a Mahindra the better, this trip computer etc. is guarenteed to be highly inaccurate. The interior is good but garish and the octagonal speedometer and tacho looks rather cheap more like a 2 wheelers.

Also the supposidly new gearbox still vibrates a lot. Mahindra have failed to address this issue.
Indeed, less cubbyholes than the earlier iteration. It indeed is a negative. No bottle holders for the front.

I do find the bluetooth connectivity good enough, no issues there. I prefer the VLX's console over the current gen speedo console.

No, the gear lever vibrates less, the vibe maybe seen only while cranking up the SUV or while shutting it off, on the move, it doesn't vibrate much at least in my car.

The glovebox though does rattle at few rpm's.
Old 7th January 2015, 10:34   #186
Senior - BHPian

There is constant vibration on the gear shift lever in Scorpio, Xylo and XUV 500 this is a serious issue for Mahindra R & D to address.
Old 7th January 2015, 14:07   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
There is constant vibration on the gear shift lever in Scorpio, Xylo and XUV 500 this is a serious issue for Mahindra R & D to address.
Is it still there I have TD's both the new Scorpio & XUV and driven the Xylo for a couple of months, compared to the old Scorpio the vibration was not that visible.
Old 9th January 2015, 06:31   #188
M35
BHPian

Scorpio with Driver + Passenger Airbags available in all M-hawk variants now.
  • S6+ now gets the Passenger Airbags as well
S4+
  • Driver + Passenger Airbags
  • ABS + EBD
  • Panic brake indication
  • Automatic door lock while driving
  • Follow me home lamps
  • Seat Belt Reminder Lamp
That means, a 4WD M-hawk with Driver+ Passenger and Driver Airbags + ABS-EBD is available with the base, S4+ and the top S10.

Last edited by M35 : 9th January 2015 at 06:33. Reason: Seat Belt Reminder Lamp
M35 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 10:49   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Scorpio with Driver + Passenger Airbags available in all M-hawk variants now.
  • S6+ now gets the Passenger Airbags as well
S4+
  • Driver + Passenger Airbags
  • ABS + EBD
  • Panic brake indication
  • Automatic door lock while driving
  • Follow me home lamps
  • Seat Belt Reminder Lamp
That means, a 4WD M-hawk with Driver+ Passenger and Driver Airbags + ABS-EBD is available with the base, S4+ and the top S10.
Wow! That is great news. Mahindra's effort must be applauded. So now the S4+ is the most affordable SUV with 4WD + ABS and airbags.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 12:00   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio with Driver + Passenger Airbags available in all M-hawk variants now
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Wow! That is great news. Mahindra's effort must be applauded
Not all - the S6 variant has 0 airbags and no ABS. Don't really understand M&M's rationale here. S4+ has them, but S6 doesn't.

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th January 2015, 12:02   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Wow! That is great news. Mahindra's effort must be applauded. So now the S4+ is the most affordable SUV with 4WD + ABS and airbags.
The news that All variants will get safety features has been doing the rounds for a while, but so far no one has got confirmed news that S4 4WD can be ordered with safety features. I called the dealer and sales chap said that he will revert to me, but so far not called back, so I assume that S4 4WD will not come with safety features.

If they do, I see a number of people on this forum itself who will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Not all - the S6 variant has 0 airbags and no ABS. Don't really understand M&M's rationale here. S4+ has them, but S6 doesn't.
S6+ can be had with safety features. I think Mahindra is being pragmatic. Don't forget majority of Indian consumers will frown at air bags and ABS but will smile at double din system, keyless entry, etc etc... S6 is targeting those people.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 9th January 2015 at 12:08.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 12:41   #192
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Cheers,
Vikram
Those ( + ) variants are S4 and S6 with additional safety equipments. Those who value their lives and others around them will get those ( + ) variants. It’s just that now people have more options to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I called the dealer and sales chap said that he will revert to me, but so far not called back, so I assume that S4 4WD will not come with safety features.
The price is being updated as per the website. Worth giving them a couple of days more, I guess.

Quote:
S6+ can be had with safety features. I think Mahindra is being pragmatic. Don't forget majority of Indian consumers will frown at air bags and ABS but will smile at double din system, keyless entry, etc etc... S6 is targeting those people.
+100
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 12:44   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so I assume that S4 4WD will not come with safety features.
Website has been updated and it says S4+ and S4+ 4WD comes with Driver + Passenger airbags as standard along with ABS.

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio.png
Old 9th January 2015, 14:39   #194
BHPian

Great Move ! But this is not good from initial buyers perspective. I can see S4+ and S4+4WD to be a success (People looking for basic mHawk + safety). In my case would have gone for S4+/S4+4WD in lieu of S10 if it was available 3 months ago. Would like to see what is the price change Mahindra comes out with. Thanks for heads up @M35.
Old 9th January 2015, 15:52   #195
BHPian

What an amazing news!! I was there at the mahindra dealership yesterday and all i could think of was that an s4 4wd with abs and airbags would hit such a sweet spot for buyers like me.
Secondly i wanted to ask the members if it would be possible to add on the s10 touchscreen system to the s4 as an accessory?? The sales rep was sure it is availble but i highly doybt it.
Further could the s10 headlamps with cornering feature also be shifted i dont even see the point of an s10!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks