Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 17:32   #256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
I am not sure about old scorpio but I am able to feel and hear some grinding noise near 1500 rpm. It feels something is trying to slow you down. It is mostly observed in lower gears. It was not present in first few months and observations are recent. I do not think it is engine deceleration but not sure. Any ideas.
Could be a number of reasons MM. They had replaced the drum in the first service and could be some other component below-
  1. Bearings-Engine Connecting and End bearings, Propeller shaft, Wheel taper cone bearings, Differential taper cone, other gears and bearings
  2. Disk Brakes
  3. Drums
  4. Gear box
  5. Air inflation
  6. Wheel alignment
  7. Handbrake not released fully
Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 21:36   #257
BHPian

Finally got my reverse cam fitted. Sanjay (Sireesh Auto) was very helpful and ensured it gets done. Yuvraj, Praveen and Prasad (Sireesh) helped in making this happen.

Went to Sireesh, Singsandra branch first. The application did not work on the laptop and they tried multiple times-actually made my HU worse. There was no display only showing a car in reverse position.

Made a few calls and finally Sanjay and Yuvi got someone from Maratahalli branch to travel to Silkboard- the firm ware update happened and the camera fitted.. Like Manumacher mentioned, the foot board is prominently seen but reasonable enough to manage that total blind spot.

I have attached a few pics
  1. Official -New Stock has the body colored applique (S8 seen in the picture)
  2. OBD error at Singasandra
  3. HU removal and camera fitting at Silkboard
  4. Firmware updation
  5. Run the diagnostics on my car on my request.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-7.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-6.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-8.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-5.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-9.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpios10.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-4.jpg  

Miyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 10:11   #258
BHPian

Did you see the new M&M stock yard in Mysore Road? there were at lease 20 New Scorpios and the rest were XUV's, Xylos, Quantros and Veritos.

This is the largest congregation of M&M vehicles I have seen outside Chakan/Dealer Stockyards in sometime. With an assumption of a minimum of 2 people in a car there were 200+ M&M families.

This was the funtastic job of M&M and dealers in Bangalore to have organised the M&M day at Wonderla.

The arrangements were very professional and boards placed at all vantage points directing people to collect their free 2 adult tickets and subsidized extra adult and kids tickets. There was a lucky draw and also a hall set up with an MC for the event in the evening.

Food was also on the house and a separated area for M&M family in the food court. Food was functional and could have been better (my view).

Landed by 11:45AM and my dealer- Sireesh auto immediately guided us to the registration booth. Deepak, GM sales Sireesh Auto beaming his signature 1000 Watt smile greeted us. We were handed out the passes and proceeded to enjoyed the day at Wonderla. I had to leave early by 2PM after a few rides and could not attend the gathering in the evening.

Thanks to M&M and the dealers to have made this a memorable day.

Kudos again...!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-4.jpg  

Last edited by Miyer : 5th April 2015 at 10:13. Reason: Highlight Scorpio
Miyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 12:56   #259
Team-BHP Support

Had the pleasure of meeting J. Ravi Sir today. Of course, we discussed cars, routes & then maps.

XUV's map is very intuitive and has lot more options. It feels a lot better than what is there in my 4WD S10. Has any one noticed this, or mine is a one off? On XUV, the map works like a phone's map. You can zoom or compress your view, add via routes. This isn't there. I can't even see which version is there in the S10.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 12:28   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
This was the funtastic job of M&M and dealers in Bangalore to have organised the M&M day at Wonderla.
[/b]
Kudos again...!!!!
@Miyer . Was this a Sireesh only event . I did not get any call or invite for this ?
Old 8th April 2015, 15:50   #261
BHPian

I did not bother to check MM.

I did see cars from other dealers (dealer names on the number plates) and assumed that all dealers were present.
Old 9th April 2015, 14:11   #262
Team-BHP Support

Have any of the new Scorpio owners got an infotainment guide/manual along with the owner's manual? Owner's manual which is given along with the Scorpio has very less or no information about the functioning of infotainment system.

I would like to know more about it.
Old 9th April 2015, 23:34   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have any of the new Scorpio owners got an infotainment guide/manual along with the owner's manual? Owner's manual which is given along with the Scorpio has very less or no information about the functioning of infotainment system.

I would like to know more about it.
Sheel, the current manual has significant details. In case you do not find it I can PM you the soft copy. The System also have several demo or education videos inbuilt.
Old 10th April 2015, 07:43   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Sheel, the current manual has significant details. In case you do not find it I can PM you the soft copy. The System also have several demo or education videos inbuilt.
I was basically looking for maps. If you have used an XUV's map, you will be surprised that it is superior to the one in Scorpio. Just for that.

And thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 11:06   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I was basically looking for maps. If you have used an XUV's map, you will be surprised that it is superior to the one in Scorpio. Just for that.

And thanks
Sheel, Can you illustrate the difference. I do have the XUV manual and i do not find much difference. Attaching the same for your reference.

//MM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf xuv500_infotainment_system.pdf (1.84 MB, 2968 views)
Old 10th April 2015, 12:54   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
Sheel, Can you illustrate the difference. I do have the XUV manual and i do not find much difference. Attaching the same for your reference.

//MM
Thanks Manu

I do not think there is/was an infotainment guide supplied with the manual or was part of the manual. What is it in your side?

And thanks again

I something similar available for the Scorpio?

Last edited by Sheel : 10th April 2015 at 12:55.
Old 11th April 2015, 21:50   #267
BHPian

Hi All

I am buying a Scorpio s10. My intended date of delivery is 14th April 2015.
My usage would be primarily Highway cruising with little or no offroading. I wish to upgrade the tyres to wider ones immediately on delivery so that i get good exchange value of the OEM tyres. But, I found that some fellow BHP-ians facing problems with wider tyres on the Scorpio older model. I need your wisdom and help for the following:
1. Has anyone changed the tyres of the new Scorpio to wider ones. If yes, are there any problems with that.
a. Which make of tyres and which specification should be purchased by me for replacement.
b. Any idea on cost and some reliable tyre guy in Delhi or Gurgaon would be highly appreciated.

2. s10 being with Airbags, Should I get a front Steel Bull Bar installed on it or not. I have read at various threads on Team-Bhp that It should not be installed on models with Airbags.

3. What all other things are to be done by me.

Kindly Advice. Your wisdom would be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th April 2015, 23:38   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Hi All

I am buying a Scorpio s10. My intended date of delivery is 14th April 2015.
My usage would be primarily Highway cruising with little or no offroading. I wish to upgrade the tyres to wider ones immediately on delivery so that i get good exchange value of the OEM tyres. But, I found that some fellow BHP-ians facing problems with wider tyres on the Scorpio older model. I need your wisdom and help for the following:
1. Has anyone changed the tyres of the new Scorpio to wider ones. If yes, are there any problems with that.
a. Which make of tyres and which specification should be purchased by me for replacement.
b. Any idea on cost and some reliable tyre guy in Delhi or Gurgaon would be highly appreciated.

2. s10 being with Airbags, Should I get a front Steel Bull Bar installed on it or not. I have read at various threads on Team-Bhp that It should not be installed on models with Airbags.

3. What all other things are to be done by me.

Kindly Advice. Your wisdom would be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.
Are you going for S10 or S10 4wd?

The oem tyres are good, not sure why you want to change. Wider ones can cause tyre side fauling. Do not install front bull bars, airbags will be ineffective. You can go for rear view camera and rear guard. Wish you the best.
Old 11th April 2015, 23:58   #269
BHPian

Hi Manu

I'm buying
S10 coz 4wd is of no use at all to me.

Wanted wider tyres only from the point of view of aesthetic appeal. I wanted to give my scorpio a distinctive look so.

Can I do that safely or not
Old 12th April 2015, 14:50   #270
BHPian

[QUOTE Can I do that safely or not[/quote]

Here are some pictures from the rear layout. Please observe the small clearances between the spring and Tyre and the pan hard rod mount bracket.

If the wheel has a sufficient outward J, an up size is an option. Fouling in the front or rear cannot be ruled with 17 inch up size. Any size bigger, will surely take a hit. The Body cladding and wheel wells are designed to the 15" old Scorpio.

Here are the possible up size in the 17" range.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-panhard-rod-mounting.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-spring-wheel-rear.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-gap-rear.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-upsize-scorpio.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-new-front-setup.jpg  

Miyer is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed