Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 10:35   #361

Body roll in new scorpio s10

Hi

Has the body roll in the new scorpio redicef dramatically compared to the old scorpio?

Can I drive now the new scorpio for ling distances with the passenger and the driver getting tired and fatigued?

I have the old scorpio (crde), & body roll was a serious issue resulting in quite a drain and fatigue on long drives.

So unless the reduction is very dramatically low I will have to give up the idea of buying a scorpio again.

Please advise. Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st July 2015 at 10:49. Reason: Post edited for typos, punctuation marks. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks!
Old 21st July 2015, 13:44   #362
BHPian

Re: Body roll in new scorpio s10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardil View Post
Has the body roll in the new scorpio reduced dramatically compared to the old scorpio?
Guess you or previous scorpio owners are the best Judge. I can not comment how much it has reduced. I have done multiple long drives of 400 to 700 Kms at a stretch and the tiring levels are similar to my sedan.

//MM
Old 21st July 2015, 13:47   #363
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Old and New Owners,

How does the HVAC heating works ? I am comparing with SX4. If outside temperature is say 21 C and HVAC is set for 25 C you can feel the heated air circulating. But in Scorpio the heated air is not felt and cool air is pumped out of the system. Can anyone help me understand how the Fully automatic AC works for Scorpio ?
Old 21st July 2015, 14:20   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

So unless the reduction is very dramatically low I will have to give up the idea of buying a scorpio again.

Please advise. Thanks
The best thing for you to do would be to hire a zoomcar scorpio for a couple of days and judge for yourself. They have the newer scorpios and you can have an extended test drive on roads you want and for as many kms as you want with enough people on board, albeit at a cost. But you will get a precise idea of the change and judge yourself.

PS: Should you happen to do so, then please update this thread with your findings.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:28   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The best thing for you to do would be to hire a zoomcar scorpio for a couple of days and judge for yourself. They have the newer scorpios and you can have an extended test drive on roads you want and for as many kms as you want with enough people on board, albeit at a cost. But you will get a precise idea of the change and judge yourself.

PS: Should you happen to do so, then please update this thread with your findings.
thanks a million vinit for this great idea. Really appreciate & keep you posted
shardil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:40   #366
BHPian

The Scorpio Automatic has been launched . Had taken a test drive at Global Gallerie Thane and asked them to call me back only when AT is launched in Scorpio or XUV. They have confirmed that it is now available, but will be on made-to-order basis and will take about 6 - 8 weeks.

The automatic transmission has also appeared on Scorpio website (Have attached the image) - The features/models table shows it as S10 AT.

Carwale has also given the pricing for S10 AT & S10 4WD AT
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-home_gallery_automatic_enlarge.jpg  

Old 25th July 2015, 19:07   #367
BHPian

Here's my crude attempt.
Subtle modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio.jpg  

nimbleguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 17:54   #368
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows if the new generation Scorpio S10 4WD Manual is available in an 8 seat configuration?
I checked with the area sales guy here in New Delhi, he was not too sure and cannot say for certain if it can be made available.

**Grape vine has it that a few years ago M&M stopped offering this as an option, due to low demand, and since then has not bothered to even get this ARAI certified**

I just want to know for sure.
Old 27th July 2015, 19:28   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Anyone knows if the new generation Scorpio S10 4WD Manual is available in an 8 seat configuration?
It should be, as 2WD/4WD shouldn't matter while choosing a seating config.

See image below:

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorp.jpg

Only thing is that it might take a while to be delivered

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th July 2015, 19:51   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

Only thing is that it might take a while to be delivered

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram
In fact as the Area sales associate from M&M informed me just now - it can take about 3-4 months for this configuration to be delivered - if this is indeed a valid configuration!

I am a little taken aback with this argument - and whereas you have mentioned, and as printed on the official pricelist (hard copy) the 8 STR is a valid configuration.

It's possible that the dealer and the area salles office are trying to disown this configuration - under the guise of involving delays in order to delivery process.

From what I know of assembly lines, this should not be the case. Interior fitments are done at the end stage, and as in this case , should involve nothing more than bolting down an extra front facing bench seat at the rear.

However, I have no way to challenge the statements from the dealer and the area sales office.

If only I had a way to reach out to someone in H.O. who could mandate the people down the chain to listen to the customer.

Anyone knows someone who knows someone in H.O. who can help in this instance?
Old 27th July 2015, 20:00   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Anyone knows someone who knows someone in H.O. who can help in this instance?
You can drop an email to the ids shown in the image below and see if it helps:

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorp2.jpg

You can also try reaching out via their FB page.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th July 2015, 09:28   #372
Senior - BHPian

Their Production Schedules are fixed. They will not budge from those schedule even if it means changing to a different bolt.
So once you place an order, expect it to be made in the next production schedule.
Hence the delivery delay. If they have an extra 8 str config being made in this production schedule, you can ask the Sales manager to check with the plant PPC manager.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:14   #373
BHPian

Quote:
thanks a million vinit for this great idea. Really appreciate & keep you posted
Hello shardil: Did you get a chance to drive in a zoomcar or were you able to do an extensive test drive.
Please let us know how you feel about the quality of the ride on the new Scorpio. Thanks.
Old 28th July 2015, 13:02   #374

@deemash: sorry didnt get the time. but my word to you. once i do, i will certainly post here for everyones reference and use.

are you also considering Scoprio or confused between XUV & Scorpio?
thanks so much
shardil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 16:16   #375
BHPian

Quote:
@deemash: sorry didnt get the time. but my word to you. once i do, i will certainly post here for everyones reference and use.

are you also considering Scoprio or confused between XUV & Scorpio?
thanks so much
Hello: Yes, I am confused between the two. But I have not test driven both the vehicles. Yet to do soon. Currently, I am not in India. Once I am back, early next month, I will TD for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks