Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 10:22   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hi Torino,

I do a 70 KM trip every day, that's home> office > Wifes office> Home. SO normally i am at 60 KMPH for around 20 KM from home to office and then next 15 KM i am at 100 KMPH. and the evening circuit is 40-60 KMPH. All driving is done with almost no traffic. So normally i get around 520-540 KMPL, but for last two times i got 620-630 KMPL. I think that is because of less usage of the AC.

i also would like to mention that usually i keep 28 pressure in tyres, as it feels really bumpy at 33. But the 600+ have been at 33 PSI.

On highways i have been comfortable with speeds like 100-120. and over all millage used to be 20-22 KMPL. On our ride to Chitkull we got 23.something. I was really amazed by the performance and efficiency of the car. I rarely used M cause then i forget to change gears :P
Dear desideep,

There seems to be a small typo here. Are you really getting 520-540 to 620-630 km per lt? OR do you mean km per tank? OR do you mean something else?

Later you talk ot 20-22 kmpl ....

No offense intended.

Take care.
Old 30th November 2015, 18:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear desideep,

There seems to be a small typo here. Are you really getting 520-540 to 620-630 km per lt? OR do you mean km per tank? OR do you mean something else?

Later you talk ot 20-22 kmpl ....

No offense intended.

Take care.
Thanks for Pointing out DOC, I mean TanK Full by those numbers. i can never expect that kind of figures from anything running on Petrol that can carry a person or may be half.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:01   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowall View Post
The Vibrations seem normal as I noticed similar movement when I bought my car a year ago. I have now done 17500 Kms...

A question to all : What is the model number mentioned on your RC copy. Mine says Alto K10B VXI without mentioning any AMT anywhere, even though it is an AMT model.

Also has anyone tried the Full Tank method for mileage calculations? What are the mileage figures one gets for a full tank calculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
I just checked my smart card. It mentions the model as Alto K10 VXI AMT.

I drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic, for mostly short distances before the engine has warmed up enough, and get very poor mileage figures. Since the last tank full I have taken taken great care to drive in a fuel-efficient way and drove extra distance during each ride. I will update my mileage figure during next tank full, in a day or two.
I checked my smart card and it says "New Alto K10 VXi BS4". Not sure why the AMT part is missing or if it really is a vital thing to be missed.

Our Alto K10 AMT just crossed 1000km and I'm recording a mileage of 11kmpl. This is in crazy bumper to bumper traffic with a moving average speed of 12kmph as per Google My Tracks app and the Torque Pro app.

To compare, my old Alto K10 (the original pocket rocket) also used to give me an avg mileage of about 13kmpl in similar driving conditions over its short but amazing journey of 4y/30000km with our family. The same car gave me a jaw dropping 24kmpl on Highway cruises.. So I know it's the traffic to blame.
Old 18th December 2015, 12:18   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
I checked my smart card and it says "New Alto K10 VXi BS4". Not sure why the AMT part is missing or if it really is a vital thing to be missed.

Our Alto K10 AMT just crossed 1000km and I'm recording a mileage of 11kmpl. This is in crazy bumper to bumper traffic with a moving average speed of 12kmph as per Google My Tracks app and the Torque Pro app.

To compare, my old Alto K10 (the original pocket rocket) also used to give me an avg mileage of about 13kmpl in similar driving conditions over its short but amazing journey of 4y/30000km with our family. The same car gave me a jaw dropping 24kmpl on Highway cruises.. So I know it's the traffic to blame.
I could be wrong, but I think this could be an issue which will come up at the insurance renewal time, when they calculate the IDV from model on registration and if AMT is not mentioned then your new insurance might not have AMT mentioned on it.

I faced a similar issue when I renewed by insurance and had to get it corrected in the insurance records.
Old 18th December 2015, 12:35   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
I just checked my smart card. It mentions the model as Alto K10 VXI AMT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowall View Post
A question to all : What is the model number mentioned on your RC copy. Mine says Alto K10B VXI without mentioning any AMT anywhere, even though it is an AMT model.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Thanks all for reminding to recheck my RC Card.

It does have "AMT" mentioned. Here's mine:

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-img_20151218_122520.jpg

@Sathya & Knowall -- Please get it checked and added in the RC book.
Old 18th December 2015, 15:53   #141
BHPian

Thanks for the DIY audio install @vsathyap

Do any of you know where I can find Accessories for the Alto K10? Everytime i search online, it shows parts for the previous gen K10.

Another question. I was checking out the Alto Urbano Edition on the website and i noticed this bluetooth kit. Any idea if its any good and if Maruti sells it individually? Same goes for the ambient lighting (no pic available for this)
Attached Images

frostbite911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:04   #142
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Got to know from a friend today that Maruti may soon announce the safety pack (O option packs) for the Alto 800 and K10, so he asked me to delay my purchase decision by a few weeks. We have been considering the K10 as the replacement for our M800.
Hope this is announced soon, fingers crossed
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 16:46   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

A useful piece of information for all Alto owners who are blinded by the HL glare from their IRVMs and yearn for a Day/Night mirror.

Models Applicable
- Every Alto(Pre facelift to current K10) , Pre-K series WagonRs without D/N mirror

Now let the pictures do the talking.

Part Number from the parts manual-Click to ZOOM
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-20151216_155330.jpg
Part Number & Price
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-img20151229wa0014.jpeg
D/N knob
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-img20151229wa0018.jpeg

I recently bought this for BHPian a4anurag. So this part is very much in production. This is just a plug and play modification and is completely reversible.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st December 2015 at 16:51.
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 17:10   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I recently bought this for BHPian a4anurag.
Thank you sir for the help and all efforts to buy it and ship it to me.

Hopefully would be receiving it tomorrow where I'll post pictures and details after installation on my K10.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 19:19   #145
Senior - BHPian

I tried to source it, but could not find it in any nearby shop.
Old 31st December 2015, 21:37   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
You'll need to place an order at your MGP store, preferably with an advance. The part is still serviceable so I guess they shouldn't have any issue in sourcing it for you.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 22:13   #147
BANNED

Quote:
I had placed the order with the MGP stockist that I visit often and they assured me the part within 14 days from order placing. Merrily I went ahead and placed order, after 30 days and quite a few calls, there was no response from them so I chucked the plans of getting one. Then one fine day I see BHPian Leoshashi post a picture of this IRVM that he bought so I PM'ed him asking if he could help me source the part.

He agreed for it and placed an order. Shipped it to me. Shall be receiving it tomorrow.
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:51   #148
BANNED

An UPDATE on the installation of the Manual D/N IRVM.

Here's the pictures and details:

D/N IRVM Addition

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-8.-refix-cover.jpg

Quote:
I just finished installing.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 14:43   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing with the trend for safety,Maruti Alto, Alto K10 get driver airbag as add-on.

The option pack is offered across all trim levels of the Alto 800 and Alto K10- only model in segment to offer airbag option on all variants.

Alto 800, with the option of airbag will be available at Rs 2.62 lakh ex-showroom Delhi, whereas Alto K10 with airbag will start at Rs 3.45 lakh.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car manufacturer by volume, has introduced its highest selling car Alto with driver airbag as an option across variants of Alto 800 and Alto K10.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...iants/50575320

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th January 2016 at 14:48.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 15:05   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Continuing with the trend for safety,Maruti Alto, Alto K10 get driver airbag as add-on....
When this is optional, why cant they include the ABS also in the package along with passenger airbag?! Those who wish & have the budget will opt for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks