Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 17:18   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Got the 3rd & final free service for 1 year completion done last weekend with Vitesse Mumbai's doorstep service. They were planning to use 5w30 oil but i pointed to the manual where it recommends the 0w20 oil for the K10 & they charged about 300 rupees additional for the same. Fuel average with fairly aggressive in city driving dropped to 11 kmpl for the last tank, but gonna keep my eye on the current fill-up to see the difference the oil change would have made.
Noticed the K10 AMT does not "creep" forward on brake-liftoff on some occasions such as when the driver door is open, or when the engine/transmission is fairly hot. Anyone else observe these?
Old 1st May 2016, 17:26   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Noticed the K10 AMT does not "creep" forward on brake-liftoff on some occasions such as when the driver door is open, or when the engine/transmission is fairly hot. Anyone else observe these?
I have never noticed this issue or any such in my K10 AMT even when the drivers door is open and even after 200 kms continuous drive.

The car and transmission is normal.
Old 6th May 2016, 14:43   #168
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note :

Posts on the updated Alto 800 have been moved to this thread
Old 9th May 2016, 15:48   #169
BHPian

All of a sudden, I realized that Tata Tiago - a car which supposedly belongs to one segment above, is priced on par with Alto K10.
I might be too late to notice that but sharing it because Tiago surely excels in every aspect than Alto K10 - in terms of looks, built quality, engine, ride and handling etc.

I know some might still cribe about difference between A.S.S. of MSIL and Tata Motors.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:19   #170
BHPian

Looking to upgrade the headlights and parking/position lights. Any suggestions?

I prefer pure white lights (no blue tinge, no yellow tinge). The sweet spot in between 4000K and 5000K, without compromising the light performance. (That's a lot to ask, i know!!)

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by frostbite911 : 12th May 2016 at 16:29. Reason: adding extra info
Old 26th May 2016, 22:48   #171
BHPian

I have the previous gen Alto k10 (2012 model). I now need to change my car battery.

Is the battery of the previous gen and the current gen k10 the same, in terms of specifications? Can someone please confirm.

I was looking to buy this http://www.batterybhai.com/car-batte...MF/25/2/1/35/7 but the page shows a picture of the new k10. Hence the confusion!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:59   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I have the previous gen Alto k10 (2012 model). I now need to change my car battery.

Is the battery of the previous gen and the current gen k10 the same, in terms of specifications? Can someone please confirm.

I was looking to buy this http://www.batterybhai.com/car-batte...MF/25/2/1/35/7 but the page shows a picture of the new k10. Hence the confusion!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
As long as the AH and size are same, it does not matter. I have used the same battery in Esteem, K10 (2010) and new Honda City.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:45   #173
BHPian

UPDATE: Took the delivery of the car finally last week after almost a month and a half of waiting. Missus is enjoying the AGS and her confidence levels of driving in traffic has gone past the roof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
The waiting period for the Vxi(O) variant is 2-3 months; cross checked this with 4 dealers and all of them quoted the same. Looks like just for brand value, Maruti has an O variant, but is not really interested in pushing it hard. The price differential is just 7k and I was really interested in going ahead with that variant, but 2 months+ waiting period won't work for us. I wanted my wife to get familiarized with the car before the school year begins as she will be dropping kids everyday.

Regarding bumper to bumper insurance, I was under the impression that for a sub 5 lakh car it doesn't make sense as replacement of fiber parts are not that costly. Also, it is costlier than the normal one and is in the same 15-17k range in CoverFox site too. Also, this is meant only for the city runs for school drop/pickup and missus grocery shopping and stuff. Hoping not to get any major dents/accidents other than minor scratches here and there.

I've a VW Polo and have only got a standard insurance. Thanks for that article link; maybe for expensive vehicles I should get that. Correct me if my thinking is wrong
Krishnan83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 13:20   #174
BHPian

What is the average that the Alto K10 is showing for owners? My Dec 2014 Alto K10 Vxi is showing an average of 8.5 kmpl in Mumbai. A bit of a bummer getting on 1/3rd the stated average.
Old 24th June 2016, 22:21   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
What is the average that the Alto K10 is showing for owners? My Dec 2014 Alto K10 Vxi is showing an average of 8.5 kmpl in Mumbai. A bit of a bummer getting on 1/3rd the stated average.
Hi, I have a April 2015 K10 AMT done 29,000kms and I consistently get 15-16kmpl in the slow moving city traffic with 100% AC. Mileage calculated in tankful method. I have a couple of friends who own non-AMT K10's and ~15kmpl is their standard average mileage in city conditions. Your K10's 8.5kmpl is unbelievably low, may be it has something to do with your extreme driving conditions and driving style? Please elaborate.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 06:32   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
....may be it has something to do with your extreme driving conditions and driving style? Please elaborate.
The driver is my dad with ~50 years of driving experience, he is largely a sedate driver. The traffic conditions are fairly bad (Mumbai). Everything remaining same, including the driver, the petrol honda city gives ~10kmpl, diesel city ~18kmpl.
Old 25th June 2016, 10:24   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The driver is my dad with ~50 years of driving experience, he is largely a sedate driver. The traffic conditions are fairly bad (Mumbai). Everything remaining same, including the driver, the petrol honda city gives ~10kmpl, diesel city ~18kmpl.
I also get around 10 in Delhi. What I have noticed is that with short journeys in the city, the car barely needs the 4th gear and rarely the 5th. The short journeys in slow traffic ensures that a lot of unburnt carbon is deposited both in the engine and in the throttle body.

So when the FE goes below 10, I do the "Italian Tuneup". That consists of taking the car on a relatively open highway and driving around 100 km between 90 and 110. The best part is if you take the tank-tank average, my tankful gives around 300km/30L at this stage. After I fill up and go for a 100km spin the 30L lasts 450km+ and the FE rises to 12-14 for a couple of months. If you take the car out on the highway for say 500+ km you will be able to do so in one tankful.

So if you get abysmal FE take the car for a spin and see the FE rise.

Last edited by Aroy : 25th June 2016 at 10:27.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 15:09   #178
BHPian

Quote:
In Mumbai my K10 AMT gives me about 11kmpl with mixed city use, slightly better because of my timings (12 noon Andheri - Chandivali / Ghatkopar with some traffic, and back at 1130pm with no traffic). On tanks which consist some visits to Vashi or Airoli, I do get about 13kmpl on average.

In all cases, the K10 gives me a better average than my 4th gen City.
Old 27th June 2016, 20:33   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
...So if you get abysmal FE take the car for a spin and see the FE rise.
Thanks for the pointer. Fairly counter-intuitive but will give it a whirl. The FE will rise on the particular tankful when the car is out on a longish drive, but will check if the subsequent one does as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
In Mumbai my K10 AMT gives me about 11kmpl...
Mine was at 11kmpl as well before it was sent to Vitesse Andheri for low FE fixing, been returning 8kmpl ever since. Will possibly try to get it tuned at some other service center.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:21   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointer. Fairly counter-intuitive but will give it a whirl. The FE will rise on the particular tankful when the car is out on a longish drive, but will check if the subsequent one does as well.
What happens when you drive around 100km at 80-100 is that all the accumulated carbon gets cleaned due to heat, so does the sludge in the oil. That is equivalent to de-carbonizing an engine, hence both the FE and the engine response increases.

When you drive on the highway the first time after 6 months of B2B, you will note the gradual change in engine noise from a dull muted note to a sharp purr. The throttle response will also become livelier.

On the whole in mu experience, every time I take the car for a longish spin, the extra distance traveled is more than made up by increase in FE.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks