Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2016, 15:17   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Noticed the K10 AMT does not "creep" forward on brake-liftoff on some occasions such as when the driver door is open, or when the engine/transmission is fairly hot. Anyone else observe these?
Yes - you are right - the driver door is sort of a "sensor" to the AMT unit. If you have already observed, as soon as your drver door opens after the car is parked for a while, there is a buzzing sound under the bonnet - this is the AMT unit kicking into action. As long as the driver door is not shut, the car wont move forward. I experienced this first hand while my door was half closed and I hadn't realized this. When I went to crank the vehicle in N, it wouldn't start (or even go to N from D for that matter).

Soon, I realized the issue and closed the door and everything was back to normal.

Even I seem to be getting an avg of 10.5kmpl in Choc-a-block B2B Bangalore traffic. I had a good highway run recently and post that, the avg increased by 2kmpl @ 12.5kmpl for that fill up. The car felt a lot smoother to drive too. I guess the engine needs to stretch its legs occasionally to get the best out of it.
vsathyap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 16:39   #182
BHPian

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Got a rattling sound on my K10 AMT and took it to nearby Mandovi service Center.. Issue detected as the silencer tube has got rusted and is loosely connected and hence the rattle. See pics. They didn't have a spare part and have ordered one to replace. Not sure if it gets replaced in warranty. See pics.
Wondering if it is common or just bad build quality.
The car was bought in Dec 2014 immediately after launch and sparingly used with just 4300km reading

Edit: Unable to upload pics from iPhone app. App says not enough permissions for the user.

Last edited by harishhm74 : 17th September 2016 at 16:40.
Old 17th September 2016, 18:27   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post

Edit: Unable to upload pics from iPhone app. App says not enough permissions for the user.
Tried to add from the browser now
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Old 5th October 2016, 14:07   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
...On the whole in mu experience, every time I take the car for a longish spin, the extra distance traveled is more than made up by increase in FE.
Just for completeness. I ended up selling the car before taking it out on for a highway spin.

Reason: Didn't need it anymore. Dad prefers the City, wife prefers an 8 year old Swift diesel over the year old Alto.

Nostalgia: I quite enjoyed the peppy engine and the Alto's ability to get into any gap, giving the Mumbai auto-wallahs a run for their money (Well that was precisely why I bought it in the first place).

The car was primarily driven in Mumbai suburbs, and exactly one highway jaunt. I would have hung on to the car for another 10 years, but it didn't make sense to keep it given the number of cars in the family.

Most memorable moment: Given the discussion in the family on buying a 'little' car, my then 3 year old wanted the remote control of the little car for herself.

Possible Improvements: Maruti needs to put slightly bigger wheels and better quality sheet metal on the car, also, start quoting more realistic fuel efficiency numbers.

Net: This car is still a winner for the budget buyer.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-photo-1.jpg  

varunsangal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:20   #185
Senior - BHPian

Is there a new variant of Alto up the sleeves? Anybody aware of anything? Reason why I am asking is because Alto K10 is already a few years old now.
Old 30th January 2017, 15:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki launched Alto Turbo RS in Pakistan last month. Alto Turbo RS is powered with a 660cc engine, Engine Upgraded with 3 Cylinders, DOHC with a displacement of 0.66cc. The output is 64 hp and 95 NM from 3000 rpm and gives the 37 km/l fuel mileage efficiency.

Power to weight ratio is 94HP/Ton with I feel is very good. However look of the car may not appeal to everyone. Looking at the acceleration it looks like a very quick car.

I hope Maruti Suzuki launches more of such compact quick cars in India.

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 16:28   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Suzuki launched Alto Turbo RS in Pakistan last month. Alto Turbo RS is powered with a 660cc engine, Engine Upgraded with 3 Cylinders, DOHC with a displacement of 0.66cc. The output is 64 hp and 95 NM from 3000 rpm and gives the 37 km/l fuel mileage efficiency.

Power to weight ratio is 94HP/Ton with I feel is very good. However look of the car may not appeal to everyone. Looking at the acceleration it looks like a very quick car.

I hope Maruti Suzuki launches more of such compact quick cars in India.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=iR_cop7icqE
I don't think this is launched in Pakistan. From what I read in the comments section of the above video, it has been imported. It does looks good.
Old 31st January 2017, 09:47   #188
Senior - BHPian

Got a link, suggesting that ALTO Lapin may come to India. Any inputs on the same? Possible launch time around October 2017.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-newmarutialto2017.jpg

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ne...to-2017-14651/
Old 15th February 2017, 11:42   #189
BHPian

I have my 1st service for my Alto K10 VXI AMT in a week. Should i change the engine oil and oil filter? Any other suggestions?
Old 16th February 2017, 15:10   #190
Senior - BHPian

Is the Alto K10 VXI(O) with AMT discontinued by MUL ? I somehow do not find it either in the online brochure or the specification list.
Old 27th February 2017, 00:14   #191
BHPian

So I just completed my 4th service i.e. my first paid service at MASS. The bill came to a whopping 13,600 inc taxes! The only complaints I had were tyre and brake noise. I'm really not sure as to why the bill costs so much. The only thing I requested for was synthetic oil which costs 3k. Other than that, labour charges were through the roof.

Are these charges legit?

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-img_20170226_235838.jpg
Old 27th February 2017, 11:26   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
So I just completed my 4th service i.e. my first paid service at MASS. The bill came to a whopping 13,600 inc taxes! The only complaints I had were tyre and brake noise. I'm really not sure as to why the bill costs so much. The only thing I requested for was synthetic oil which costs 3k. Other than that, labour charges were through the roof.

Are these charges legit?

Attachment 1613437
On face of it the rates are OK, but the question is whether all that was needed at all? They have managed to include all sorts of things that you may not need.

My service costs never exceed 3000 including mineral oil, and the service labour includes all checks and most adjustment billed to you separately.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 11:33   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
On face of it the rates are OK, but the question is whether all that was needed at all? They have managed to include all sorts of things that you may not need.

My service costs never exceed 3000 including mineral oil, and the service labour includes all checks and most adjustment billed to you separately.
So the car has just done 11400+ kms on the odo. Not sure what and why throttle body cleaning is needed for a car that has just done 11400kms. Tech 2 parameter checking also seems unreasonable. :(
Old 27th February 2017, 11:48   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
So the car has just done 11400+ kms on the odo. Not sure what and why throttle body cleaning is needed for a car that has just done 11400kms. Tech 2 parameter checking also seems unreasonable. :(
They have changed a 7 bucks worth gasket in throttle body and charged you 750 bucks as labour. Similarly, for a 7 rupees worth intake manifold gasket, they charged you 1150 as labour. I wonder if these were really needed.
AC blower cleaning and caliper assembly is also a rip off. Injector cleaning at just 11k on the odometer isn't really necessary IMO.

It makes my blood boil how innocent customers are taken for a ride by these so called Service Centres!
Better to avoid Khivraj Motors for the rest of your life and please read the owners manual and strictly adhere to the service guidelines written there in about what parts are needed to be replaced or inspected.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 27th February 2017 at 12:01.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 11:53   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
They have changed a 7 bucks worth gasket in throttle body and charged you 750 bucks as labour. Similarly, for a 7 rupees worth intake manifold gasket, they charged you 1150 as labour. I wonder if these were really needed.
AC blower cleaning and caliper assembly is also a rip off. Injector cleaning at just 11k on the odometer isn't really necessary IMO.

It makes my blood boil how innocent customers are taken for a ride by these so called Service Centres!
Better to avoid Khivraj Motors for the rest of your life and please read the owner's manual and strictly adhere to the service guidelines written there in about what parts are needed to be replaced or inspected.
Duly noted! Will it be of any use to escalate this now? I have already paid for this and taken the car. Haven't got the feedback call yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks