Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 11:58   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Makes sense.
Also i am observing the RPM settling into idle the moment i apply the brake to bring to stand still. Interestingly i did not find any official mention the user manual. Is this common across AMT ? like in TATA as well ?

The car decelerates in gear with clutch coupled until it reaches second gear. After that, the deceleration is done with clutch decoupled but transmission in first gear. This is done to reduce shock on the transmission and brakes since decelerating in first gear is usually not beneficial and the engine will stall under hard braking.

Coming to TATA, I wont comment since I havent driven their AMT cars. But since they use AMT from the same supplier, it should be more or less the same.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 21:52   #242
BHPian

Some Queries related to Alto K10 servicing

I have some queries about the servicing of Alto K10 VXI AMT (2014) which has done 18000+ km on the odometer. The first two issues which I am writing about have been sorted but I have some questions.

Issue 1: Steering noise - since 2016 (fixed in Sep 2018)

I have had a minor but irritating issue with the steering of my car since 2016. On turning the steering wheel fully to the right, there was a squeaking noise from the steering towards the end of the complete rotation. This never occurred at rest, but always in motion, on turning to the right, only when the angle of turning was wide enough. It was also difficult to reproduce during road tests in the congested locality surrounding my MASS workshop. Despite my repeated concerns and road tests on more than one occasion by MASS where the noise could not be reproduced, my SA brushed it off as a trivial issue and assured me that it is not a major problem. He also explained that taking apart the steering assembly and disturbing the factory fit is not recommended. Finally this year I asked them to all the tie rod ends, ball joints, universal joints, as advised by a friend of mine. With much reluctance, MASS opened the steering assembly, did an inspection and did the greasing as requested. After this the noise has disappeared much to my relief. However, I am curious about where the problem could have been. I am looking forward to an explanation from knowledgeable fellow BHP-ians. Note: the wheel alignment has always been checked and adjusted throughout the years.

Issue 2: AC problem (summer 2018 - gas refilled)

The AC of the Alto K10 VXI AMT (2014) is an effective one. However, this summer I felt the cooling wasn't enough. I took it to MASS and narrated my problem. The SA started the AC and declared that it is fine. But I forced him to get it checked. Later I saw in the bill that AC gas and other stuff had to be replaced. Now the AC is working absolutely fine but I am concerned that if there was a leakage, has MASS looked for and sealed the source of leak? Note: The AC gas had to be changed earlier also, after an impact with a goat on the expressway last year July when the radiator was cracked.

Issue 3: Engine whining at specific RPM - since > 1 year (not solved)

I have a rather annoying issue since 2017 July which started after changing the radiator, AC gas last year after the goat incident (explained above). After getting the car serviced, the first thing I noticed was that the engine hummed differently sometimes. Note: this noise wasn't there while driving the car (with M-seal on radiator) to MASS post-accident. I have good ears as I am trained to appreciate the subtle differences in sounds transmitted from the heart and the lungs via the stethoscope. With enough patience, I worked out that this noise is heard only at the RPM of 1000. On Googling, I figured the noise is called engine whining - although I am not sure if that is the right term. The noise is a depressing one, as if the engine is crying in a monotonous drone. I mentioned this several times to my SA and road tests were done but they could not hear it although I could. I request my fellow BHP-ians to share their inputs on this matter. Should I go to an FNG?

Issue 4: AMT issue? (new problem)

This never-before problem started from the day after I got the car back after the steering work (explained above) a few days ago where I am getting a transaxle warning indicator occasionally in the MID! I will write in details about it in the Maruti AMT thread.

Last edited by wishnipon : 1st October 2018 at 22:06. Reason: Fixing issue and creating new thread. Thanks
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 22:09   #243
Team-BHP Support

Re: Some Queries related to Alto K10 servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
You might want to get all the tensioners and bearing associated with engine checked out. Do check the belt tension also. Another cause can be a compressor clutch going bad.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:58   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Some Queries related to Alto K10 servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
Issue 1: Steering noise - since 2016 (fixed in Sep 2018)

With much reluctance, MASS opened the steering assembly, did an inspection and did the greasing as requested. After this the noise has disappeared much to my relief. However, I am curious about where the problem could have been. I am looking forward to an explanation from knowledgeable fellow BHP-ians. Note: the wheel alignment has always been checked and adjusted throughout the years.
Keep an eye on the steering rack it doesn't seem to be doing very well for a car that is a 2014 model with just 18K kms on the odo. The lack of lube, the reason for the squeak, may have compromised it.

Quote:
Issue 2: AC problem (summer 2018 - gas refilled)
Get the AC checked at the annual service. It's a part of preventive maintenance.

Quote:
I have not heard or seen your car but here's my take. My neighbour has an Alto and it too has a whine that sounds like an alternator bearing or faulty water pump. Get those checked by the MASS. But I would be truly surprised if these parts went bad in just 18K kms.

Quote:
Issue 4: AMT issue? (new problem)
You need to go the MASS for this one.

Last edited by R2D2 : 2nd October 2018 at 09:59.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 22:44   #245
BHPian

Can anyone point me to the Alto K10 service/workshop manual?
Old 17th December 2018, 18:57   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Can anyone point me to the Alto K10 service/workshop manual?
Got the parts catalog from nearby MGP store for mere 138/-. Quite cheap.

Inquired about service manual as well, but they did not have it available for latest 2018 K10. They could not confirm it's price, but hoping it won't be much expensive.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 19:53   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Got the parts catalog from nearby MGP store for mere 138/-. Quite cheap.

Inquired about service manual as well, but they did not have it available for latest 2018 K10. They could not confirm it's price, but hoping it won't be much expensive.
Service manuals are pretty expensive, more than Rs. 2000 for sure for any model. Also for newer models, Maruti isn't printing service manuals. It's now accessible only on DMS.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 17th December 2018, 22:01   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Also for newer models, Maruti isn't printing service manuals. It's now accessible only on DMS
In that case won't it be in-justice to FNG mechanics especially? Maruti is open to to sell parts over the counter via MGP stores, and their parts catalogue strongly suggests to refer service manual for any repair

Considering this they should keep service manual available to all, and not just to their dealers via DMS.

Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by techcoze : 17th December 2018 at 22:03.
Old 12th January 2019, 13:33   #249
BHPian

Was planning to install aftermarket CD player in Alto K10 CNG.
Opened up dash compartment and noticed NO factory HU wiring harness at all. K10 CNG does not have factory cd player, and hence they skipped it's wiring harness as well!!

Now how can i connect cd player without any harness?
Old 21st February 2019, 23:17   #250
BHPian

Blaupunkt Montecarlo 750 in my Alto K10. I had got it installed with a reverse camera from MGA. The reverse camera was overpriced, and doesn't show either static trajectory or dynamic trajectory. But without buying it, the MGA fellows do not install the Blaupunkt.

Notice the wiired microphone placed near the instrument cluster for voice commands.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd February 2019 at 00:01. Reason: B2B
kspv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 12:42   #251
BHPian

Found this method online for activating grid-lines (distance lines / static trajectory) in the MGA's rear camera, with respect to Ciaz.

"Go to 'Rear View Camera Settings' menu and tap on the 'Grid Lines' option. Tick-mark the grid lines check-box. To access these settings, you have to engage the reverse gear."

I am out of station, and so yet to explore if there is such a menu in Blaupunkt Montecarlo 750. Will try it once I am back.

Last edited by kspv : 23rd February 2019 at 12:44.
Old 25th February 2019, 16:04   #252

I've been facing a couple of issues lately with my Alto K10. It's a 2011 Model, run 78k km. I just had the front shockers and suspension arms replaced in the last service, but there is still a distinct thudding anytime it hits a ditch.

Also, I've had the AC belt tightened to a limit where it would probably break if I tightened it more, but there is still that squeal when I turn it on in the morning.

Any suggestions?
Old 11th April 2019, 15:23   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 gets additional safety features,

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 2746
Size:  225.7 KB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 15:52   #254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harman9410 View Post

Also, I've had the AC belt tightened to a limit where it would probably break if I tightened it more, but there is still that squeal when I turn it on in the morning.

Any suggestions?
Over tightened belts can cause bearing failure. I guess there is wear in either belt or pulley or both.

Old question, but still.
Old 19th April 2019, 15:30   #255
BANNED

2019 Maruti Alto K10 Launched With Standard Safety Features.

Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks