Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 15:44   #106
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki launches Alto K10 Urbano limited edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
It will be available on the LX, LXi, VXi and VXi (O) trim levels, including CNG.
Didn't quite understand this. What are the cosmetic/other features that are specific to each trim level ?

EDIT:Or is it that ALL these cosmetic changes/features (art leather seat covers, reverse parking sensor, etc) will be available in the Urbano version of all variants at an extra Rs.16,990 ?

Last edited by NPV : 7th October 2015 at 15:46.
Old 7th October 2015, 15:48   #107
BHPian

No. Not again

After the Alto Onam and Swift Glory edition and now this. Maruti is desperately trying to reduce Kwid bookings. I don't know who is the designer guy working in Maruti obsessed with Chrome. Chrome on the wheel arches, fog lamps, danger lights looks ugly.

I have seen similar chrome-ish treatment for Swift in Kothari wheels showroom in Pune. It was horrendous.

I love Chrome on 1970 American muscle car but not on Japanese hatchbacks. That said the interiors on this car looks nice.

Last edited by amvj : 7th October 2015 at 16:02.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:00   #108
BHPian

As everyone would have expected :-)

While this might seem like gearing up for the festival season; This is easily also the effect of the New K(w)id on the the block

One can only imagine what a product like the Kwid (size, features, price) coming from the stable of Maruti can do; 50000 advance bookings or may be?

Last edited by amit_2025 : 7th October 2015 at 16:02.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:04   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
No. Not again

After the Alto Onam and Swift Glory edition and now this. Maruti is desperately trying to reduce Kwid bookings. I don't know who is the designer guy working in Maruti obsessed with Chrome. Chrome on the wheel arches, fog lamps, danger lights looks ugly.

I have seen similar chrome-ish treatment for Swift in Kothari wheels showroom in Pune. It was horrendous.

I love Chrome on 1970 American muscle car but not on Japanese hatchbacks.
People go for aftermarket chrome bits anyway, why not give it and reduce customers' hassle? I saw this car today, a demo one. Looks hideous!! We people are fools to buy these.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:12   #110
Senior - BHPian

For once this edition is not hideous like others, particularly 'Gory'. Most of the additional features are useful and should attract buyers.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:35   #111

Whenever there is some heat from competition, the only weapon MS has the same car with limited edition badge. Add some chrome, bling and here we come with a limited edition.

Please understand MS that you need to revise the cars as market is not same now as it used to be. Give safety features or something refreshing. But they are much obsessed with chrome and bling.
Old 8th October 2015, 00:13   #112

Chrome on wheel arches Thats a first in any car that I have seen. What is MSIL up to ? The K10 has a nice engine, they should concentrate on making the mechanics/safety package better than come up with such gimmicks !!
Old 8th October 2015, 07:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

If it was not for the definite possibility of receiving an infraction, I am very tempted to post 5 ROFL smileys!

Not sure who 'designs' these things and who approves them, but seriously, competitors have bribed someone to add some weird stuff to the chai and samosa at MSIL.

Throw out all the chrome bling stuff, colourful carpets, backlit door sill guards, seat covers, steering cover, 'sports' pedals, decals - and add a set of 4 decent looking alloy wheels from already available MGA accessory list.

Come on, you cannot give me a rear wiper and washer, but you think I need sports pedals and backlit door sill guards?!

Keep the useful stuff like parking sensors and bluetooth. Still, it should not cost more than 16,990/- and Indian roads will be so much better-looking!

As Clarkson would have said, ''How hard can it be, Maruti?''

Oh, and that, ORVM which says ''Look at me, you think I have an indicator mounted on me, but I don't! Gotcha!'' Puhleeease!!!

PS: Although I could not resist the rant, I know the actual rationale behind such stick-on features! It is called, ''Hey, our dealers are crying since their yards are full of AltoK10s! And it is Diwali time, let us send them some boxes full of stuff they can stick on to the dead stock and our loyal buyers will clear the yards in no time!''

Last edited by Viju : 8th October 2015 at 07:39.
Viju is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 08:22   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
PS: Although I could not resist the rant, I know the actual rationale behind such stick-on features! It is called, ''Hey, our dealers are crying since their yards are full of AltoK10s! And it is Diwali time, let us send them some boxes full of stuff they can stick on to the dead stock and our loyal buyers will clear the yards in no time!''
I always thought these Limited Editions were made in the factory assembly line itself. Never knew, these were add-ons at the dealer. Now, it makes sense as to why we see all these petty, easily fixable and mostly useless stuff being given in a Limited Edition model.
Old 8th October 2015, 09:58   #115
BHPian

Designer 1: Hey, I have put chrome in all the possible places and still left with some quantity. What to do now ?

Designer 2: Hmm.. let's see, have you tried the wheel arches?

Designer 1: What?
Designer 2: Yes, slap on to the wheel arches. In any case Diwali is coming and people won't mind this extra bling
Old 8th October 2015, 14:32   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I always thought these Limited Editions were made in the factory assembly line itself. Never knew, these were add-ons at the dealer. Now, it makes sense as to why we see all these petty, easily fixable and mostly useless stuff being given in a Limited Edition model.
deetjohn

The only factory-built Limited Edition I can think of which MSIL produced was the Ritz VXi / VDi Genus, way back in 2010. I remember seeing them roll off the assembly line in a unique blue colour, and came with a lot of features from the ZXi (tilt steering, rear wash wipe, blue - grey interiors and keyless entry). That explains why they made them only in a single colour too, unlike all these dealer fitted special editions which you can buy in any colour you want.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...itz-genus.html

Yes, we can consider the 3 door Zen Carbon and Steel as factory-built limited editions too, but then they were more of export surplus clearance sale than anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-photo0933.jpg  

Old 8th October 2015, 14:59   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
The company seems to be gearing up for the festive season with limited editions across the product line
There are several festivals in October / November / December.
To push out the stock, they can give a number of limited editions - Dusshera edition, Diwali Edition, Christmas edition, Gandhi Jayanthi edition etc!
Then October edition, November edition as well.
Old 30th October 2015, 01:31   #118
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

As my Alto K10 AMT nears one year of completion, I have a couple of questions unanswered.
  1. Is the fuel tank in K10 made of plastic?
  2. Is the engine covered i.e. is there underbody protection?

Last edited by wishnipon : 30th October 2015 at 01:31. Reason: typo
Old 30th October 2015, 01:38   #119
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Just got my K10 AMT done with its 5000km service (in 5.5 months of ownership) - apart from a few squeaks that were fixed, no issues at all - the car has been very good to me & my left knee! The small rubber stopper behind the IRVM (to prevent vibration due to the 3 cylinder engine) was missing since I got the car & they didnt have the part in stock - was called back a week later & went to get it attached - the bill being Rs. 4 which was waived!
Also, was offered a year 2, 3 & 4 AMC package for about Rs. 18k IIRC (will try finding the pricing printout) by Vitesse (MASS) - would this be a wise option to go for?
Old 31st October 2015, 09:45   #120
BHPian

Can anyone else confirm if the engine vibrates a lot while idling in neutral? I just popped the hood and was shocked to see the engine vibrating with a play of about 1cm. I'm specifically speaking about the area where the engine is mounted on the left side, just ahead of the shock absorber. There is a rubber bush that is absorbing all that vibration. But is it normal that the engine vibration has so much play or is my engine not mounted tightly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks