Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2019, 12:39   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Guys!
Any idea on when the BS6 updated Alto K10 will be launched?
Since the BS6 model of the Alto 800 carries the present Alto K10's interior, can we expect an all new interior for the K10?
Old 8th January 2020, 14:08   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Any idea on when the BS6 updated Alto K10 will be launched? Since the BS6 model of the Alto 800 carries the present Alto K10's interior, can we expect an all new interior for the K10?
Absolutely no idea. But even test mules have not been spotted anywhere yet. A wild guess but I won't be surprised if the K10 badge gets retired for current generation with the SPresso & Celerio doing the duties. Anyway they are more practical cars with better usable rear bench space and height. Would be tough to keep on selling all 3 together in the long term IMO.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:41   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Swapped the original halogen H4 headlamp bulbs to CrystalEye LED H4 bulbs in my Alto K10 a couple of days ago. I must say - its one of those few cars where the white LED performs better than the OEM halogen. My previous experience in other cars has been rather poor (even with Europe sourced original Philips bulbs in some cases). These bulbs I had sourced roughly an year ago, from www.Motorbasket.com.

For reasons unknown - Maruti uses a negative switched wiring for the headlamps in Alto K10 (as I had realized and documented while installing the high-beam wire for the projector HID fog-lamps). This means - the car can't host LED H4 bulbs directly. Needed to source a special 2 relay harness that isolates this stock wiring and powers the bulbs from the battery directly. Thanks to AliExpress.com ban, I wasn't able to source it since almost an year now, and was not too keen on making the harness myself. Finally found it on www.wish.com and sourced it from there. Also replaced the position/pilot lamp bulbs with basic Osram T10 LED sourced from Amazon.in for around 280Rs/pair.

Link to conversion dual relay harness - Link - Wish.com - Negative Switched LED conversion dual relay harness

Performance of the bulbs is excellent, and a definitive upgrade from the OEM bulbs. Now the Alto (a 100% city confine dweller for me) - has entirely white lighting setup, which works quite well within city traffic conditions. White T10 LED pilots, 6000K LED H4 headlamps, 5500K HID projector fog-lamps.

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd November 2021 at 15:44.
Old 31st July 2022, 05:45   #274
BHPian

Did the 2019 Alto K10 AMT came with airbags? I was under the impression that the Alto K10 with AMT came only in the VXI variant and the airbags were present only in the VXI(O) variant.
Old 19th August 2022, 10:24   #275
BHPian

Alto K10 is indeed a capable car, don't know why but I like the second gen over the first gen K10 especially love the front looks. The ride quality and the engine response is also better than first gen K10. It is a perfect city car, ages well, has very low cost of ownership. There are two major negative aspects though, build quality and rear seat size & space.

To my surprise everything right from suspension to engine and gearbox on my K10 feel good & refined after 5 years and 78k km of usage. Here are a few pics of my K10 after recently doing some dirt road bashing during rains, actually this dirt road is the access to our farmhouse so unavoidable.
Standing in pride with all that dirt on it.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-screenshot_2022081910003060_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-screenshot_2022081910004977_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-screenshot_2022081909595522_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Awaiting the test drive of new K10 to see how it compares to gen 2.
By the way can you spot that www.team-bhp.com sticker?
ArTigor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 12:07   #276

Alto K10 issues

Hi All, I am new here posting for the first time but with a couple of problems instead of solutions, hopefully I will be able to offer some(slutions) in future!
I drive an Alto K10 vxi(2016), last week I got an oil change plus air filter clean, and a new battery yesterday itself. However, the warning light for battery is still being displayed on the panel though I have driven around a couple of kilometers after replacement but it would not go away?
Second, since the day of the oil change - and not prior to it- it is also displaying oil leak warning. But I can't see even a drop of oil anywhere. Should I get it checked anyhow? Is there anything like internal leak perhaps? Ah yes I am not great with technicalities
Shall be grateful for any help. Thank you!
Old 8th September 2022, 15:05   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Alto K10 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrango View Post
However, the warning light for battery is still being displayed on the panel though I have driven around a couple of kilometers after replacement but it would not go away?
It means that your car's battery charging system is faulty and your battery is not getting charged. It's a problem with your car, not the battery. It will turn on when your key is into ignition position but should disappear when the engine starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrango View Post
Second, since the day of the oil change - and not prior to it- it is also displaying oil leak warning. But I can't see even a drop of oil anywhere. Should I get it checked anyhow? Is there anything like internal leak perhaps?
There's no 'oil leak' warning. That 'oil can and droplet' icon denotes low oil pressure. It should not come on when your engine is running. If it's on when the vehicle or engine is running, then just shut your engine down and arrange for towing/flatbed to get your car to the garage else it will damage your engine permanently.

Regards.
Old 9th September 2022, 22:45   #278

To Saket77: please accept my heartiest thanks for correcting me and hence preventing a major catastrophe! How stupid of me really to not even understand the sign Actually I have tried to educate myself with the help of those terrific youtube videos out there but apparently much leaves to be desired Still
I'm truly glad to be amongst the experts like you who are so ready to help. Thanks again.
Old 10th September 2022, 11:01   #279
Senior - BHPian

All sorts of lights come on when the battery is faulty. So first thing is to get the charging circuit (alternator, fuse etc) checked. Once the battery charges properly, then start checking the car.

Oil check light normally denotes low oil pressure. If it has started after the oil change, then most probably the oil filter is not set properly (if it is loose you will have oilleaking) so check the oil level at least an hour after te engine is swithched off.
Old 11th September 2022, 18:18   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
All sorts of lights come on when the battery is faulty. So first thing is to get the charging circuit (alternator, fuse etc) checked. Once the battery charges properly, then start checking the car.

Oil check light normally denotes low oil pressure. If it has started after the oil change, then most probably the oil filter is not set properly (if it is loose you will have oilleaking) so check the oil level at least an hour after te engine is swithched off.
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. Yes you are right, as per the advice from Saket77, i called the mechanic over and it turned out that 'fuse' was creating the problem which was thankfully rectified within minutes and no cost. Then he gave it a run for a kilometer or so and everything was fine - no warnings including 'oil check' came on.
LuvOrango is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:13   #281
BHPian

I own a K10 December 2017 model. Tyres seem to be an issue as they are affecting the ride quality.
What is the recommended upgrade without having an impact on the suspension and fuel economy?

Most Viewed