Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2015, 12:37   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is quite maddening and sometimes panicking to not find the clutch lever and a gear lever.

Haven't tried Manual mode yet. But performance is fantastic for a car if this size.
Hi Anurag. Ha Ha, even I felt the same moving from my Ertiga. After having a brief drive in your K10 I bet at least for once you will forget about pressing the clutch when slowing down when driving your Swift. You will be fine once you swap cars often. You will appreciate the M mode after mastering the D mode.

Its performance will always surprise you. The quote from official teambhp Alto K10 review "..power-to-weight ratio of 91 BHP/ton (equal to the VW Polo GT TSI)!!"
Old 1st June 2015, 13:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

I run my Alto K10 less than 3K km/year, even then I am getting it serviced every year. In my case the costs are even lower at around 2.2K/service (including oil and filter change, air filter change and tuning).
Old 1st June 2015, 21:28   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I run my Alto K10 less than 3K km/year, even then I am getting it serviced every year. In my case the costs are even lower at around 2.2K/service (including oil and filter change, air filter change and tuning).
Aroy, I think it's important to have it serviced as per the manufacturer's schedule notwithstanding how little you drive it. I changed my engine oil to synthetic in the last service and I am glad that I did as the engine smoothens out well with synthetic.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:16   #94
BHPian

The Alto-K10 got brushed by a 2 wheeler and the right door mirror is broken. I am scouting for a replacement part (Part Number 84740M67P00) in Pune for the last 10 days without success.

What is the experience in other cities of procuring such consumable spares for the new Alto-K10?
Old 8th June 2015, 13:42   #95

We decided to buy Alto k10 VXi/VXi(O). How efficient is Airbags in Lower segment like Alto? Is it worth to spend 30K more for Driver Airbag?

Last edited by ampere : 8th June 2015 at 13:46. Reason: Formatted post
Old 8th June 2015, 15:51   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru0101 View Post
We decided to buy Alto k10 VXi/VXi(O). How efficient is Airbags in Lower segment like Alto? Is it worth to spend 30K more for Driver Airbag?
Hi guru0101. It is always recommended that you opt for the safety feature if you can. The steering wheel airbags in all Maruti cars will have same components and mechanism and you have nothing to worry about the airbag in the Alto. Manufacturers will not compromise on quality standards especially when it comes to safety equipment across the OEM's product range. With the recent Takata airbag issue, all the automotive safety manufacturers will ensure zero defect in their products. IIRC Maruti airbags are manufactured by Autoliv.
Old 8th June 2015, 16:00   #97
BHPian

Airbag is a great active safety feature. Wonder why Maruti does not provide it as an OEM Accessory across its range for a price? Also the AMT model does not get an Airbag - which is also weird.
Old 8th June 2015, 16:30   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Airbag is a great active safety feature. Wonder why Maruti does not provide it as an OEM Accessory across its range for a price? Also the AMT model does not get an Airbag - which is also weird.
Without any safety equipment the OTR for the K10 AMT VXI goes to 5L in some cities.

Many shy away thinking why pay 5L for an Alto?! I'll put some more money and buy a bigger segment car.
Old 8th June 2015, 20:13   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
What is the experience in other cities of procuring such consumable spares for the new Alto-K10?
Since the new K10 is not selling high enough or the Alto 800 or WagonR or Swift so parts stocks are low hence the delay.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:40   #100
BHPian

Hi All,

I have had my K10 for six months now (odo clocked at 3800km). For the past two days, i have been experiencing severe engine vibrations (Car started sounding like a tractor at one point). I checked the engine and i noticed that the two screws that hold the engine air intake pipe (please excuse me if that's not what its called) are loose and were rattling. I also noticed that the engine vibration on the left side is quite a lot.

In the pic enclosed, the two screws circled in red are the ones that came off. The area circled in blue is the part that has been vibrating a lot. I'm not sure if this part is supposed to be bolted tight or if its meant to be kept loose.

Have any of you faced this issue? Do help me out.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-img_20150221_170156.jpg  

Old 27th August 2015, 18:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
Hi All,

I have had my K10 for six months now (odo clocked at 3800km). For the past two days, i have been experiencing severe engine vibrations (Car started sounding like a tractor at one point). I checked the engine and i noticed that the two screws that hold the engine air intake pipe (please excuse me if that's not what its called) are loose and were rattling. I also noticed that the engine vibration on the left side is quite a lot.

In the pic enclosed, the two screws circled in red are the ones that came off. The area circled in blue is the part that has been vibrating a lot. I'm not sure if this part is supposed to be bolted tight or if its meant to be kept loose.

Have any of you faced this issue? Do help me out.

Thanks in advance
All screws are meant to be tight.

Just take the car to MASS and get the engine mounts checked. Seems that the the mounts have become loose.

Another reason may be the spark plugs. The symptom is hard start, reduced FE and sluggish acceleration. If so, check the cables leading to the plugs. Pull them and then push them tight.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 21:44   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
Red Circled: Air intake pipe holder;
Blue Circled: Engine mount.

I can't understand how can the engine vibrate within 6 months of ownership. Do get them tightened and the mounts inspected. If faulty, get both of them changed under warranty.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 11:14   #103
BHPian

Thank you Aroy and a4anurag. I gave the car for my second free service and i told the SM about these issues. He got them fixed. He didnt have a clear answer as to why they became loose. Said its possible due to bad roads. Anyways, got the car back today: runs smooth now. Will wait a little longer before i can wholeheartedly say that everything is fine.

Thanks once again
Old 7th October 2015, 15:32   #104
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki launches Alto K10 Urbano limited edition

Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition version of the Alto K10 hatchback in India. Dubbed the Alto K10 Urbano, it comes with cosmetic changes and additional features. It will be available on the LX, LXi, VXi and VXi (O) trim levels, including CNG.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano1.jpg
Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano3.jpg

The exteriors of the car get chrome inserts at various places including the fog lamp housings, ORVMs, wheel arches, tail lights and hatch. Additionally, there are decals on the sides of the car.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano2.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano4.jpg

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano5.jpg

On the inside, the Urbano is equipped with art leather seat covers, a matching steering wheel cover, floor mats and stylish pedals, ambient light and LED door sills.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano6.jpg

The Urbano is equipped with features such as reverse parking sensors, hands free Bluetooth kit, USB car charger with voltage and temperature display.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-urbano7.jpg

The Alto K10 Urbano Limited Edition also comes with a 90% funding on MGA package.

The Urbano edition is priced Rs. 16,990/- higher than the regular Alto K10.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2015 at 15:34.
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 15:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki launches Alto K10 Urbano limited edition

The company seems to be gearing up for the festive season with limited editions across the product line

- Ciaz (new SHVS)
- S-Cross (Discounts)
- Swift (Glory)
- WagonR (Avance)
- Alto 800 (Onam & Urbano)

and may be others will follow...
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed