Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 07:00   #151
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When this is optional, why cant they include the ABS also in the package along with passenger airbag?! Those who wish & have the budget will opt for it.
Exactly. I have been speaking to couple of dealerships where I know the management team and they are saying dual airbags + ABS has not been announced for the Alto K10. So it is still driver-side airbag only as part of the option pack
Old 30th March 2016, 14:38   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Hi vsathyap. Happy to help. Good job on the speakers install, neatly done. The sound output must be decent with the stock HU.

Hi and thats a really good mileage. I always do tank full in every fuel stop and my fuel efficiency remains between 16-17 in city and around 19kmpl in highway using BPCL unleaded petrol. I am a sedate driver in city and AC is used always. I have never used M mode in the last few months. Can you elaborate your driving habit? What speeds you maintain inside city and in highway?
Sorry about the late reply, as I missed your request from page 9.
  • Driving habits: Generally I would advise to drive with a light foot so that you do not sprint to 60kms or 80kms while driving and let the car build up speed graually. This is a common error people make, where they say they drive at 60kms but reach 60kms like a 0-60 drag race.
  • I also use a technique which is lifting off the accelerator when I want car to upshift early and not wait for when the AMT/ECU decides.
  • Picking the right time for office commutes when there is less traffic makes a big difference and I have started to check Google Maps traffic regularly to determine traffic situations.
    • The usual maintenance checks go a long way in improving your mileage.
Just as an update: I did Gurgaon to Nainital over the Holi weekend and got 626km on a Tank Full Method with 30.3L on refill. This beat my last record

Last edited by Knowall : 30th March 2016 at 14:45.
Knowall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 11:14   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowall View Post
Just as an update: I did Gurgaon to Nainital over the Holi weekend and got 626km on a Tank Full Method with 30.3L on refill. This beat my last record
Hi Knowall, Thats a lot of meticulous planning and careful driving. Keep it up. Thats a really good mileage of ~20.6kmpl, a definite record in my books. What speed did you maintain on open roads? I did a tank full few days back with usual BP unleaded petrol, will submit my fuel efficiency soon. My car is nearing 24,000kms and running on Castrol Magnetic part synthetic oil, I felt there is slight increase in FE in this oil. Will update soon.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 12:40   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Hi Knowall, Thats a lot of meticulous planning and careful driving. Keep it up. Thats a really good mileage of ~20.6kmpl, a definite record in my books. What speed did you maintain on open roads? I did a tank full few days back with usual BP unleaded petrol, will submit my fuel efficiency soon. My car is nearing 24,000kms and running on Castrol Magnetic part synthetic oil, I felt there is slight increase in FE in this oil. Will update soon.
Yes the mileage was really good, since I was driving on Holi everything was closed and all the roads were empty . I did Gurgaon-Nainital (330kms Approx) in 5.5 hrs flat. We left at 6:30am sharp and reached Nainital by 12:00pm on the dot.

Since there was absolutely no traffic and we wanted to make the most of it, we didn't stop and grabbed a quick bite inside the car. Avg speed was pretty good as you can see, but I never went over 100kmph. My car has also done close to 25000kms now.
Old 31st March 2016, 12:41   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When this is optional, why cant they include the ABS also in the package along with passenger airbag?! Those who wish & have the budget will opt for it.
They have not included it since ABS was never developed for the Alto800 / AltoK10. Adding ABS includes a lot more development effort, time and money than adding an airbag.

Considering the price point at which the Alto sells, I think MSIL will wait till ABS becomes mandatory or till the full model change of the current Alto series.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:38   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
They have not included it since ABS was never developed for the Alto800 / AltoK10. Adding ABS includes a lot more development effort, time and money than adding an airbag.

Considering the price point at which the Alto sells, I think MSIL will wait till ABS becomes mandatory or till the full model change of the current Alto series.
The A Star was the latest Alto iteration, which was designed with ABS and Airbags for the European market. The current Alto is the 7th or 8th version
M800 old, M800 new, Ato 1.1, Zen, Alto, ALto K10, A Star, Alto 800.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:20   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The A Star was the latest Alto iteration, which was designed with ABS and Airbags for the European market. The current Alto is the 7th or 8th version
M800 old, M800 new, Ato 1.1, Zen, Alto, ALto K10, A Star, Alto 800.
I am not talking about global Alto platform. I am talking about the Indian Alto only. I worked with MSIL R&D for 5 years during which the new Altos (800 and K10) were developed (and I was working on ABS development for all MSIL models).

ABS was not developed for the Indian Altos. Forget A-star, Celerio and everything else. Those are completely different platforms.

Last edited by Viju : 1st April 2016 at 12:22.
Old 1st April 2016, 17:08   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
I am not talking about global Alto platform. I am talking about the Indian Alto only. I worked with MSIL R&D for 5 years during which the new Altos (800 and K10) were developed (and I was working on ABS development for all MSIL models).

ABS was not developed for the Indian Altos. Forget A-star, Celerio and everything else. Those are completely different platforms.
Can you share more on the ABS part; how different it will be for India and others etc?
Old 1st April 2016, 17:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Can you share more on the ABS part; how different it will be for India and others etc?

I did not mean to say that ABS will / should be different for India and other markets (of course usually the software and hence part number changes due to several reasons - RHD / LHD, tyre size, type of transmission, presence of features like idle stop etc).

What I meant to say was that the current Alto 800 and K10 were developed in India, and primarily for the Indian market (and may be for some markets where ABS is still not mandatory), and ABS was not developed at that point of time. But I left MSIL 3 years ago, and I cannot comment if MSIL got around to developing ABS for the current India-spec Alto models or not. But I doubt it (it would be unethical of me to go into the reasons why I believe so).
Old 20th April 2016, 20:37   #160
BHPian

I'm looking at buying Alto K10 AMT in Vxi trim as a second car to be drive by my wife. Got 3 quotes from 3 different Maruti Dealers in Palakkad, Kerala.

Anyone else has received any quotes for K10 AMT recently? The price differential between the 3 quotes is only a few hundred rupees.

Ex-showroom: 4,27,123
Road Tax: 25627
Insurance (B2B): 17233
Extended Warranty: 5661
RTO fees: 550

They are offering a standard 20k discount as "Consumer Offer" on this making it a total of approx. 4,60,000/- or thereabouts.

I asked for addtnl offers and they said they can give underbody coating and teflon, plus the standard fare of mats/mud flaps.

Should I bargain for more? Any other offers/discounts I should be asking for?

Also, on an interesting note, looks like AMT now comes with Vxi (O) with driver airbag for additional 7k.
Old 20th April 2016, 21:50   #161
BHPian

Get insurance done by yourselves and you can save atleast 5k on what's quoted to you.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 11:55   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
I'm looking at buying Alto K10 AMT in Vxi trim as a second car to be drive by my wife. Got 3 quotes from 3 different Maruti Dealers in Palakkad, Kerala.

Anyone else has received any quotes for K10 AMT recently? The price differential between the 3 quotes is only a few hundred rupees.

Ex-showroom: 4,27,123
Road Tax: 25627
Insurance (B2B): 17233
Extended Warranty: 5661
RTO fees: 550

They are offering a standard 20k discount as "Consumer Offer" on this making it a total of approx. 4,60,000/- or thereabouts.

I asked for addtnl offers and they said they can give underbody coating and teflon, plus the standard fare of mats/mud flaps.

Should I bargain for more? Any other offers/discounts I should be asking for?

Also, on an interesting note, looks like AMT now comes with Vxi (O) with driver airbag for additional 7k.
1. Get Insurance from outside source (or haggle with dealer). It should be around 11K (+2,-1) and not 17K. Most of the dealers try to use the full value of the car for insurance. The reality is that you never get more than 90% of the ex-showroom value, even on the second day, hence the insurance premium should be based on 90% of 4,27,123 or 3,84,410.

2. Ever since I bough my first Maruti in 1991, I have never taken the extended warranty. All my Maruti cars - M800, Esteem, Baleno and now K10 have never had any problems requiring extended warranty. SO you can skip that

3. Under body and Teflon coatings are of very little use, Negotiate for cash discounts or something more tangible (say extended warranty), or free airbags.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 19:54   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
1. Get Insurance from outside source (or haggle with dealer). It should be around 11K (+2,-1) and not 17K. Most of the dealers try to use the full value of the car for insurance. The reality is that you never get more than 90% of the ex-showroom value, even on the second day, hence the insurance premium should be based on 90% of 4,27,123 or 3,84,410.

2. Ever since I bough my first Maruti in 1991, I have never taken the extended warranty. All my Maruti cars - M800, Esteem, Baleno and now K10 have never had any problems requiring extended warranty. SO you can skip that

3. Under body and Teflon coatings are of very little use, Negotiate for cash discounts or something more tangible (say extended warranty), or free airbags.
Finally, went ahead and booked the car today with Indus Motors, Palakkad.

1. Thanks much for that valuable piece of advise. I told them I don't want zero dip insurance and will go with the standard insurance! Gave him quotes I got from CoverFox; though they haven't given the exact figure for normal insurance, SDE said it's about 12k for Maruti Insurance. The SDE is insisting that I take their insurance as it will be easy for future claims if any and he can bundle freebies as I'm taking their insurance :Frustrate

2. Told NO to extended warranty for now. I've asked him to give me the details of what's included in 3rd & 4th year. Looks like it is not Dealer warranty but warranty from Maruti directly. SDE is again pushing to take it as it's an automatic. For now, I've decided not needed. Thanks again for the inputs.

3. Bargained hard for cash discount. Got a corporate discount of 1500 over and above the 20,000 standard discount. In terms of freebies, tried getting reverse sensor for free, but no luck. Had to settle for Under Body Coating, Teflon Body coating, Mats (full floor & cut), Side Beading and the biggest of them all, mud flaps!

Waiting time is around 15-20 days. Opted for Fire Red as that's what the missus liked! I liked the Blue and have given it as the alternate option. Let's see which color we end up with finally.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th April 2016 at 01:27. Reason: Please restrict use of smileys to two per post.
Old 21st April 2016, 21:38   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, went ahead and booked the car today with Indus Motors, Palakkad.
Congrats on the booking.

Quote:
I told them I don't want zero dip insurance and will go with the standard insurance!
Why? Any particular reason?

Suggest you to read this.

Quote:
Waiting time is around 15-20 days.
What is the waiting period for an (o) variant? If it is +/- the waiting quoted for your particular order, I suggest you to please consider booking for an (o) variant if that additional waiting period is bearable.

Interestingly, as I type this, as per the (respective) Maruti websites, the Alto 800 has (o) pack across all its variants; whereas the K10 still has it only on the top trim. Very strange if its not a case of the websites not being updated.

Maruti Alto K10 : Official Review-alto-features.jpg
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 22:20   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Congrats on the booking.

Why? Any particular reason?

Suggest you to read this.

What is the waiting period for an (o) variant? If it is +/- the waiting quoted for your particular order, I suggest you to please consider booking for an (o) variant if that additional waiting period is bearable.

Interestingly, as I type this, as per the (respective) Maruti websites, the Alto 800 has (o) pack across all its variants; whereas the K10 still has it only on the top trim. Very strange if its not a case of the websites not being updated.
The waiting period for the Vxi(O) variant is 2-3 months; cross checked this with 4 dealers and all of them quoted the same. Looks like just for brand value, Maruti has an O variant, but is not really interested in pushing it hard. The price differential is just 7k and I was really interested in going ahead with that variant, but 2 months+ waiting period won't work for us. I wanted my wife to get familiarized with the car before the school year begins as she will be dropping kids everyday.

Regarding bumper to bumper insurance, I was under the impression that for a sub 5 lakh car it doesn't make sense as replacement of fiber parts are not that costly. Also, it is costlier than the normal one and is in the same 15-17k range in CoverFox site too. Also, this is meant only for the city runs for school drop/pickup and missus grocery shopping and stuff. Hoping not to get any major dents/accidents other than minor scratches here and there.

I've a VW Polo and have only got a standard insurance. Thanks for that article link; maybe for expensive vehicles I should get that. Correct me if my thinking is wrong

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks