Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 09:55   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Tata Motors opens it's "Bolt Arena" program in New Delhi from 23rd December to 28th January.

Quote:
Under this innovative program, Tata Motors will provide a platform for the people to know the new Bolt through various activities and contests.

To start with, the 'Bolt Arena' will have a Tata Bolt on display. All the visiting customers will be provided with a unique bar-coded band, which when presented to an authorized Tata Motors dealership can avail them a test drive of the car. The arena will also be organizing different contests, which will give them an opportunity to win a brand new Tata Bolt and to star in the next Bolt video.

Apart from the contest, the arena will also host various activities such as gesture based games, Revotron Challenge game and an Augmented Reality application.
SOURCE - Gaadi
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 11:32   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Tata bolt marketing seems to be very low key. They started display of bolt at our local mall on Monday, with hardly any fanfare.
The display car is red with grey alloys. To my eye both colours didn't gel with each other.
Check out the 'Sky Grey' shade of the Bolt with the grey alloys. It looks mind blowing; almost like a body colored alloy if at all we could call it that way. Was fortunate enough to spot one being unloaded from a trailer. Sadly no pics
Old 25th December 2014, 16:20   #138
BANNED

This looks absolutely fine and stunning, image copied from one of the FB posts
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-1800347_830784216982432_6669432332727749392_n.jpg  

akhil.sharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 22:38   #139
BHPian

Bolt (not sure whether Petrol or Diesel version) is on display at Express Avenue mall in Chennai. However it is sort of fenced off with security guards so they were not allowing people to sit in it etc. It is to be admired from distance for the moment I guess.

It looks stunning, especially the magnesium colored grey alloys - looks like something from a much higher segment.
Old 26th December 2014, 10:38   #140
Taffy

Excellent work Aditya, twenty-five minutes of reading pleasure.

The thing is that Tata is known to provide good powered engines but usually they have a failing when the transfer needs to happen to the drive. So the question here is can it go up the Khandala ghats with the A/C on without the driver feeling that it is going to stall? The petrol-variants especially of the Indica and the Vista usually feel like they are straining to pull their weight up the slopes. Experience has taught me to shut the a/c of my Indica when hitting the ghats. And even some of the flyovers in the city.

Hope Christmas was fun for fellow BHPians.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th December 2014 at 10:43.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 10:51   #141
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors has set January 20, 2015 as the date for the launch of the Bolt.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 14:28   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Went for the delivery of my cousin and fellow TBhpian karzzexped's TATA Zest and look what I spotted

The Sales Trainer was friendly enough to give us a glimpse along with a quick photograph. Apologies for the poor quality, since the car was literally kept dark from the public's view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Thanks Car_Architect,

Did you get chance to check about expected launch date? is the launch scheduled on 15th Jan as speculated on some car portal? or maybe earlier?
Oh, so MH46AL769 has reached TN, Madurai to be precise.

MH46AL770- The immediate next car was the one reviewed by Team BHP.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-mh46al770.jpg
Old 26th December 2014, 14:48   #143
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white Bolt in flesh today. Frankly from outside it looked very ordinary to me. As many have said the Bolt will remind people of the Vista a lot unlike the Zest which could be passed off as a "all new vehicle". I somehow get the feeling that unless the Bolt is priced even more competitively than the Zest, it will find it difficult to draw the crowds to the showroom. Once they are there, I think the interiors/features should do the trick to bowl them over
Old 26th December 2014, 16:23   #144
BANNED

Saw that Tata Bolt is getting associated with Aircel Chennai Opening in one of the thread on TAI. Here is the official link of the news: http://www.aircelchennaiopen.org/201...th-tata-motors

Innovative way to promote a sporty hatchback as claimed by them!
Old 27th December 2014, 11:19   #145
BHPian

For Bangalore members

I received an SMS from TML saying that the Bolt will be displayed at Mantri Square mall on the 27th and the 28th. It's a good opportunity to get a good look and feel of the car.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:55   #146
Senior - BHPian

Bolt was on display at Phoneix Marketcity on Dec 25th - was a decent crowd puller and saw that many people were interested in checking the car out.

--Anoop
Old 29th December 2014, 11:59   #147
BHPian

Saw a red Bolt Revotron in Gurgaon on 24th Dec 14. They wouldn't let me start the machine to see how it felt inside (worried of the vibration/ sound!).

But seriously, this is a massive step up for our home grown brand; quality of everything in the cockpit is comparable to expensive hatchbacks. The alloys were neat; back seat much much better than any other small cars. Brilliant package I say.

I have joined one of their competitions and have registered myself for a test drive; seems that if I drive I get to win a car!!
Old 29th December 2014, 16:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

Received this email from Tata Motors, regarding Bolt launch.

Notice how cleverly they have cut & pasted selected sections (even incomplete sentences) from Team-BHP official review and created the impression that Team-BHP is endorsing this product.

Rohan
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-bolt-mail.jpg  

rohan_iitr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 00:06   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Notice how cleverly they have cut & pasted selected sections (even incomplete sentences) from Team-BHP official review and created the impression that Team-BHP is endorsing this product.

Rohan
Well! It is a product marketing email. And it's quite obvious that the most important info is quoted.
Old 30th December 2014, 08:37   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
Why frustrated buddy? I don't see anything wrong with it. They have just quoted text from the most authentic source in India. This is how expert reviews are quoted in advertisements/campaigns. I don't see them creating the impression that TeamBhp ia endorsing the Bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Well! It is a product marketing email. And it's quite obvious that the most important info is quoted.
Yes, totally agree. It is from our official review, the text is not altered or anything. All is well here.

Most Viewed