Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 13:07   #346
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
A bit too early to conclude it as a sales flop, dont you think? ....
Tata Bolts in Bangalore are as rare as the Mahindra Verito Vibe (the one with the pigeon hole boot!). It's been about 6 months since the Bolt has been launched and if it's this rare, it's easy to conclude that the car is a flop.
Old 19th June 2015, 13:39   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Hello All/Anand

I have just got through with my T-BHP membership and i do own a TATA BOLT XMS REVOTRON .

I will put a ownership report in the next one week.

Regards,
Shabz
Hi buddy. I am also a new member of this amazing Team BHP empire. Welcome to the fort man.

I am eagerly waiting for your ownership report of the Tata Bolt. In my opinion, the Tata Bolt is an applause worthy effort from Tata Motors. It is very sad to see such dismal sales figures and it is very rare to spot a Bolt in Chennai. If it would have been launced with a Maruti badge, this would have become a best seller. This is number one on my list of under rated cars. The Bolt deserves much better, because it is an excellent package. Come on Indian buyers, wake up.
Old 19th June 2015, 20:48   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Tata Bolts in Bangalore are as rare as the Mahindra Verito Vibe (the one with the pigeon hole boot!). It's been about 6 months since the Bolt has been launched and if it's this rare, it's easy to conclude that the car is a flop.
I concur , but its very unfortunate! The product is solid, if its just failing because of Tata reputation then its unfair. But again, peoples verdict is what finally matters.. :(
Old 19th June 2015, 21:16   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
I concur , but its very unfortunate! The product is solid, if its just failing because of Tata reputation then its unfair. But again, peoples verdict is what finally matters.. :(
Most People generally don't consider the TATA petrol cars because of earlier nightmare stories. Apart from that, I think TATA's pricing strategy is strange for this car. The difference between Zest and Bolt is merely more or less 30,000 Only.

May be a little off-topic, But, For example, if you compare the diesel versions of Bolt & Zest, for those 30,000 bucks, you can get big car, 90 BHP etc. So, people are more tend to Zest rather than Bolt. Had they maintained a decent pricing difference between the two cars or offered the same 90 BHP engines, Bolt diesel would have been success. (Just my humble opinion ofcourse)

Last edited by Wildy : 19th June 2015 at 21:21.
Old 20th June 2015, 12:57   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Most People generally don't consider the TATA petrol cars because of earlier nightmare stories. Apart from that, I think TATA's pricing strategy is strange for this car. The difference between Zest and Bolt is merely more or less 30,000 Only.

May be a little off-topic, But, For example, if you compare the diesel versions of Bolt & Zest, for those 30,000 bucks, you can get big car, 90 BHP etc. So, people are more tend to Zest rather than Bolt. Had they maintained a decent pricing difference between the two cars or offered the same 90 BHP engines, Bolt diesel would have been success. (Just my humble opinion ofcourse)
I agree with you on the pricing of the Bolt compared to the Zest. But even the Zest is not doing very well. I had noticed fewer Zests with ribbons still attached. Just to confirm: http://autoportal.com/newcars/tata/z...es-statistics/ Click on "Alternative Statistics" to see a comparative sales graph. So long as Tata is sticking to its existing strategy, I can't see how its performance will ever improve.
Old 25th June 2015, 10:33   #351
BHPian

I took test drive of Bolt Revotron yesterday and was amazed at the quality of interiors, the features on offer and finally the engine itself. The revotron engine was very good to drive in city and with sports mode on it was fun to drive on highway (although for a small duration). There is smooth power delivery in case of both sports and city mode. The steering inputs are very precise, clutch is light and gearbox felt alright too. All in all its a good car, and trust me one can appreciate this only after taking a test drive.
Old 25th June 2015, 11:53   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
I took test drive of Bolt Revotron yesterday and was amazed at the quality of interiors, the features on offer and finally the engine itself. The revotron engine was very good to drive in city and with sports mode on it was fun to drive on highway (although for a small duration). There is smooth power delivery in case of both sports and city mode. The steering inputs are very precise, clutch is light and gearbox felt alright too. All in all its a good car, and trust me one can appreciate this only after taking a test drive.
Absolutely. I have finished driving around 3k kms total. Its a very comfortable car to be in. Good Ride quality and very nice performance on the highway.
I am not yet in position to put up my ownership report as i have been down with tons of work :( courtesy office and also preparing for my first ever trip to Leh-Ladakh starting this saturday.

The car is returning me with an avg of 13 in city with AC on all the time. My usage has been 70% on sportz,20% city and 10% eco mode till date. I like the power delivery in the Sportz mode, excellent response. City mode power delivery is very linear , and eco mode obvoiusly since they have designed it to consume less fuel, you will have to press the pedal a bit hard to get going. Not my style of driving.

Till date no rattles heard, the music system is a very good one and pleasing to hear.

The stock lights i felt are a bit low to use during heavy rains in night, that may also be because most of the cars today seem to use aftermarket high end installs and come in high beam. On Normal day's its perfectly fine.

AC also works well. Believe me it's not because i have bought this car, the car is a fantastic product if you are in a market for the hatchback. I also felt the 1st service process very smooth from TATA.

This car gives me a premium feeling and also have been commented equally by people who have travelled with me.

let's see how it goes about in future. For now MAX aka myBOLT rocks.
Shabzhere is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 12:34   #353
Senior - BHPian

I have not driven the car but I would accept its a good car. They should have changed the form factor of the car and have only one car instead of two (Bold and Zest). They could have given a practical notchback design and differentiate from others.

I believe people bought Indica since it was a diesel and would not have sold well if it was only petrol. And now with others offering diesel, growing their networks etc, Tata doesnt have anything unique to offer.

Even for Mahindra, it would be very difficult to standout in these segments. They should try to think outside of the box if they want to make any impact in these segments.
Old 28th June 2015, 10:07   #354
BHPian

Very few Bolt owners in our forum as well as on the roads. It looks solid than the Swift and the Liva. However the TATA brand and the Indica shape are clouding the minds of potential customers.Will be taking a test drive soon since the dealership is near to my home.
Old 30th June 2015, 20:50   #355
BHPian

Guy's,

Today I was blown off by an update from official FB page of bolt from Tata motors.
Let me first show you the updates

1. Mileage for diesel
Name:  bolt deisel.PNG
Views: 4224
Size:  293.9 KB

2. Mileage for Petrol
Name:  bolt petrol.PNG
Views: 4296
Size:  290.2 KB

And these were supposedly achieved by owners in a bolt drive event organized by them in Pune!.
44.30 km/litre ! I am Shocked. I really want to know if mileage in this range is ever possible from a 1.2 litre petrol engine? If yes can anyone let me know how should I drive in that case ?

I have a zest Revotron and the best mileage i could achieve was 22kmpl in eco mode over a stretch of 15 km's with very little traffic and some signals?

Hope they haven't done this on a decline (Guessing since this is posted in official FB and twitter channel Tata won't resort to these practice. This image doesn't go with them).

I really want to know how this is possible. And if by any chance winner is in Tbhp can you please give us classes ?

p.s - the link is given as below

https://www.facebook.com/BoltFromTat...type=1&theater
Prithwitheraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 21:26   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post

Today I was blown off by an update from official FB page of bolt from Tata motors.
:o
That's an unbelievable feat! Specially considering the kerb weight of the Bolt.
I never thought Revotron 1.2L can return such figures!! Still wondering how Tata Motors published the ARAI mileage as 17.57 kmpl!!

http://araimileage.in/
Old 1st July 2015, 17:13   #357
BHPian

Update - Got response from bolt official facebook page that they are gathering info from the winners and will share with us pretty soon.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-screenshot_20150701170343.png
Prithwitheraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 13:35   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
Update - Got response from bolt official facebook page that they are gathering info from the winners and will share with us pretty soon.

Attachment 1388269
Did the TATA folks share any information ?
Old 18th August 2015, 16:52   #359
BHPian

Hi All,

My friend got his Tata Bolt Revotron 1.2 delivered yesterday and he is planning to drive it from Cochin to Nagpur in the coming week. The kilometer count would be of the order of 2000 with the first service coming up at 5000 kms. Is it advisable to have an oil change after the drive, in the best interests of the new engine or should we just go with the company recommended oil change at first service?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 18th August 2015, 19:06   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Hi All,

My friend got his Tata Bolt Revotron 1.2 delivered yesterday and he is planning to drive it from Cochin to Nagpur in the coming week. The kilometer count would be of the order of 2000 with the first service coming up at 5000 kms. Is it advisable to have an oil change after the drive, in the best interests of the new engine or should we just go with the company recommended oil change at first service?

Thank you all in advance.
Hello

I own a BOLT Revotron machine. I think the drive shouldn't be a issue. You can go with the company recommended change, just ask him/her to be easy on the gas pedal till he completes his 1st service. I usually drove on highways a touch over a 100 kmph and after 1st service drove the car easily above 140+ (no encouragement to drive fast , driven under best conditions )
Shabzhere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks