Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 03:56   #361
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

I own a Bolt XM Revotron and just completed 6000 km. Initially I was bit skeptical about whether I should go for a Tata product, but the leap of faith paid off. Have nothing to complain about really. The FE has been good so far; it is definitely a comfortable car to drive around. Did receive a couple of calls from prospective customers (referred by my dealer), and most of the inquiries were about fuel efficiency. I am still amazed why is this product not selling? It is such a complete hatch at this price point.
aviat18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:36   #362
Senior - BHPian

Guys is a 30k discount ok for a XM RT ? Manufacture date April 2015 with dealer.
Old 26th August 2015, 20:16   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
During a visit for service at Concorde, Bangalore, I checked out the Bolt out of curiosity. I came away impressed with the general fit and finish. The current offer for the Bolt is 50k cash discount, 25k exchange bonus and 3x3x3 AMC, Road-side assistance and warranty. It sounds good but I would be extremely wary of buying a flop car.
Are you sure on this offer ? What was the valuation given for the trade in car ? The AMC and warranty itself is around 14k. Sounds too good to be true
Old 9th September 2015, 18:41   #364
BHPian

Update - To cash in on the upcoming festival season, the Bolt will now start at 3.99 lac.
Old 9th September 2015, 18:49   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Update - To cash in on the upcoming festival season, the Bolt will now start at 3.99 lac.
Hi
any source for this info ? cant find anything online.
Old 9th September 2015, 19:14   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hi
any source for this info ? cant find anything online.
The news has featured in today's local Marathi newspaper, Divya Marathi. Attaching a photo from a local newspaper containing the ad from Tata Motors.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-bolt.jpg  

Old 9th September 2015, 19:24   #367
Senior - BHPian

Swapnil:

Thanks for the link. I almost got a heart attack looking at your post because I had just recently booked the Bolt. This ad is very misleading. In the fine print, it says the offer is basis cash discount + exchange bonus. So the offer is basically a 45k price cut on the XE. This is around the price where it should have been launched.

Anyway I am happy, I got a better offer of 62K + complimentary basic accessories.

Also got a good insurance deal outside for just Rs 8k - comprehensive cover ( not bumper to bumper ) - that would have costed another Rs1400. Not a bad deal I guess.
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 15:57   #368
BHPian

Quote:
I had just recently booked the Bolt.
Anyway I am happy, I got a better offer of 62K + complimentary basic accessories.

May I request you to share the details of your Bolt purchase with us so we too can negotiate a deal as sweet as yours?
Old 18th September 2015, 18:39   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
May I request you to share the details of your Bolt purchase with us so we too can negotiate a deal as sweet as yours?
JD : My deal is a bit vague because it was in exchange to my existing Vista which is a 2nd owner 2009 Aqua QJD.

Let me simplify it for you. For a BOLT, you should be able to get a cash discount of around 40-50k surely. If you can pick up some car from the existing stock, you can bargain a bit more. I am an existing customer of the same dealership ( had picked up a Storme 2 years back ) - so I am assuming they were a bit more flexible for me ( not sure though ). But I also did not shop around flaunting this dealer's offer to other dealers and bargaining more.

apart from this, the dealer was kind enough to allow me to take my own insurance and give me basic accessories like mud flaps, basic rubber mats, perfume and idol complimentary.

TML was kind enough to step in here and there when there were some very minor issues.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 21:57   #370
BHPian

Its beyond my understanding as to why Tata decided to make Zest "fully loaded" and keep Bolt bare bones.
I would have been interested if there was a fully loaded Revotron AMT or a Diesel AMT.
Gave this as a written feedback to Concorde Motors Pune.
Old 18th September 2015, 23:12   #371
BHPian

Quote:
JD : For a BOLT, you should be able to get a cash discount of around 40-50k surely.
Many thanks!! So when do you expect the delivery of the car? I look forward to seeing the photos and an initial ownership report on this forum!

Once again, many thanks!

Last edited by john doe : 18th September 2015 at 23:19.
Old 19th September 2015, 11:59   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Many thanks!! So when do you expect the delivery of the car? I look forward to seeing the photos and an initial ownership report on this forum!

Once again, many thanks!
Taken delivery last Tuesday.Ownership report coming soon.
Old 25th September 2015, 22:09   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors will be rolling out a Celebration Edition of the Bolt for the festive season ahead. Decked with a kit available at dealer level, the Bolt Celebration Edition will have:

- decals on the doors, hood, roof & pillars,
- a special Celebration Edition badge on the right side C-Pillar,
- a rear spoiler, and
- illuminated scuff plates.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tataboltcelebrationeditionside.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tataboltcelebrationeditionbadge900x298.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tataboltcelebrationeditionspoiler.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tataboltcelebrationeditionscuffplate.jpg

IAB caught the Tata Bolt decked with the Celebration Edition kit at a dealership.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tataboltcelebrationedition.jpg

Quote:
After the Zest, the Bolt too will get a special Celebration Edition kit, which is expected to be available at dealerships from October 1 through November 15.

As it is a dealer-level kit, customers can avail the Celebration Edition on all variants of the car.

Indian Autos Blog comes to know that if these accessories are purchased separately, it would cost the buyer about INR 20,000, but when bought as a kit, it is priced at INR 13,000.
IAB
Old 25th September 2015, 22:17   #374
Team-BHP Support

Wow, the decals are totally overdone. Not to my taste at all.
Old 25th September 2015, 22:26   #375
Senior - BHPian

Actually the decals are not too bad. Atleast better than the ones MUL dealerships come up with. Would be better if tyres were one size wider with alloys.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed