Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 23:51   #376
BHPian

I don't think the celebration edition will excite the buyer. Personally, I think the decals are overdone.
More than the cosmetic updates, probably Tata Motors should have added a feature to their XMS variant. For instance, providing touch screen Harman system.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:43   #377
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

My best friend was looking for a city runabout for his Dad. Rough use inevitable, and the car would be parked on the public road too. So they test-drove a couple of hatchbacks and zeroed in on the Bolt. The new Figo was also a contender, but the lame 1.2L petrol took it out of contention (they wanted petrol only). His Dad's a fan of the Polo as well - the 3-cylinder engine & more expensive parts chalked it off the list.

This one is priceless! So cute . When was the last time you saw a handwritten spreadsheet like this ?

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img20150925wa0009.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2015 at 17:45.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 19:36   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

This one is priceless! So cute . When was the last time you saw a handwritten spreadsheet like this ?

Attachment 1419816
Very nice in this age of XL spreadsheets. Looks like your friend has considered the XMS variant. Do factor in the better discounts for the Bolt and by then it would have made a very strong case for itself.
Old 1st October 2015, 15:50   #379
BHPian

An update on the fuel efficiency of Bolt RT:

1. My regular office commute is 8 KM one way. It takes me upwards of 45 mins in the peak hour WEH traffic in Mumbai and on some lucky occasions, 20-25 mins. The FE in city driving has hovered between 12-13 (100% AC on) which I think is pretty good considering the traffic situation.

2. Have undertaken 4 highway trips so far:

a) Mumbai- Panchgani- Mahabaleshwar- Panchgani- Mumbai (600 Kms)- got a mileage of 17.1 KMPL overall. The return trip was 40% without AC as the outside temperature was quite cool.

b) Mumbai- Karnala bird sanctuary- Mumbai (240 KMs)- Mileage of 16 with AC on for more than 95% of the journey

c) Mumbai- Kashid- Mumbai (300 KMs)- Mileage of 14 with AC on 100% of the time. The road condition was terrible on the NH17 for most of the parts. Further, encountered huge traffic on the return leg which increased the journey time by almost 1.5 hours

d) Mumbai- Sula Vineyard Nasik- Mumbai- Don't remember the exact kilometres but the FE on MID was almost 18 KMPL.

Just to add, I almost always drive in the City mode. Find the Eco mode too sedate and in Sports mode, the throttle becomes too sensitive to my liking.

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2015 at 16:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged
aviat18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 15:34   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
1. My regular office commute is 8 KM one way. It takes me upwards of 45 mins in the peak hour WEH traffic in Mumbai and on some lucky occasions, 20-25 mins. The FE in city driving has hovered between 12-13 (100% AC on) which I think is pretty good considering the traffic situation.
Within city with 100% AC in bumper to bumper traffic, it's really pleasing to read that you're getting 12-13 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
An update on the fuel efficiency of Bolt RT:
a) Mumbai- Panchgani- Mahabaleshwar- Panchgani- Mumbai (600 Kms)- got a mileage of 17.1 KMPL overall. The return trip was 40% without AC as the outside temperature was quite cool.

d) Mumbai- Sula Vineyard Nasik- Mumbai- Don't remember the exact kilometres but the FE on MID was almost 18 KMPL.

Just to add, I almost always drive in the City mode. Find the Eco mode too sedate and in Sports mode, the throttle becomes too sensitive to my liking.
Wow, those are some nice FE figures.
Would you please comment on handling and ride quality in your Mahabaleshwar And Nashik trip especially in ghat regions/inclines?
As in both of these trips, you should have encountered ghat sections.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:40   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
Would you please comment on handling and ride quality in your Mahabaleshwar And Nashik trip especially in ghat regions/inclines?
As in both of these trips, you should have encountered ghat sections.
To be honest, Bolt did run out of steam on the steep inclines while going to Mahabaleshwar while it was on City mode. However, once I switched to sports mode, there was no dearth of power.

There is perceptible body roll when it's thrown into corners at speed, esp since my only frame of reference is 2009 Swift VXi.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:44   #382
Senior - BHPian

Clocked 1000kms in my XE RT so far. Within Chennai city traffic have been getting 10-10.5kmpl with 100% ac so far. This is on City mode. Expect some improvement post run in period. Did a 400km highway drive. Mostly at 80kmph speeds. Got 17.5kmpl one way on City mode and around 19.6kmpl on the way back in Eco mode. Both times 200% ac used. The engine behaviour in Eco and City mode reminds me a lot about the 1.2 kappa engine both in terms of FE and response.

Last edited by narayan : 6th October 2015 at 09:45.
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:41   #383
BHPian

Update on Fuel Efficiency :

Have driven close to 6000 KMS in my BOLT XMS with 100% AC on and 90% sports mode ( l like my engine to be responsive). I have got figures of 12.3 KMPL

Overall totally satisfied by the choice. I do my first Road trip on 30th from Pune to Bangalore and back. Will post more details about the drive when it is done.

More plus points for the BOLT
1) I like the ride quality and handling, though you don't want to kiss corners with the machine as it has got body-roll.

2) Come straight roads, this moves like a champ. Tata have worked fantastic on this aspect.I have touched speeds of 140+ ( on the e-way of course) to check vehicle stability and it is impressive.

3) I like the music system,it is pleasing to hear for my need.

4)Seats and driving ergonomics are good. But you need time to get used to the large A-pillar which can create blind spots. But its there in all cars.

5)May need an after market bulb for headlights. The light thrown is a little less compared to other vehicles these days.

More inputs to follow.
Shabzhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 14:18   #384
BHPian

Hey All,

Update after my return from Bangalore.

Travel details --> Pune-->Bangalore-->Pune

Total KMS covered --> 1950

Fuel Efficiency on the MID : 15.2 KMPL (AC 100% on with speeds in range of 100-140 for 80% of the journey)

Total Travel time :
Pune-->Belgaun-->Tumkur-->Bangalore (12 hrs )

Bangalore-->Rannebaneur-->Pune (10.5 hrs)

The car was fantastic in the way it handled the highways . I drove in a mix of Sport + Eco Mode.
Shabzhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 15:24   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Fuel Efficiency on the MID : 15.2 KMPL (AC 100% on with speeds in range of 100-140 for 80% of the journey)
These are great figures! I believe the fuel efficiency would be even higher if speeds are maintained in range of 80-110 kph. I have got over 16 kpl in Zest RT while hovering around 90 kph.
Old 5th November 2015, 13:07   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
These are great figures! I believe the fuel efficiency would be even higher if speeds are maintained in range of 80-110 kph. I have got over 16 kpl in Zest RT while hovering around 90 kph.

I think i will try that speed band when i run next from Pune-Bangalore on 6th December.
Old 5th November 2015, 14:17   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Yes indeed. I have got nearly 19Kmpl at such speeds. But the city FE needs some improvement for the Bolt. Mine is hovering between 9.5-10.5Kmpl now with A/C on all the time.
Old 5th November 2015, 16:09   #388
Senior - BHPian

@Narayan, how does one use AC 200%?
Old 7th November 2015, 18:09   #389
Senior - BHPian

Today when I started the car and was moving slowly within the apartment complex, the check engine light came in with a beep. The engine temp light also became red very quickly. Shut the engine and started again. Problem didn't occur. Drive around 20kms post the with a few starts and stops and the problem hasn't recurred. Not sure what went wrong. Only thing I recall was when I slotted to 2nd gear i got a feeling the gear hadn't slotted but the vehicle kept moving forward.not sure if this had any relation to the engine light coming on.

@shabzhere -- just noticed your comment on the Bolt headlights. Contrary to what you said I found the lights very bright and good. It has a whitish hue compared to the usual yellow. In fact it's better than the quality of lighting in my Storme

Last edited by narayan : 7th November 2015 at 18:13.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 16:41   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Did the TATA folks share any information ?
Just got one invite from TML for a mileage rally on 15th Nov 2015 @ Kolkata ... But sadly will be out of town thus won't be able to attend it.

Will Get updates from some of the friends who would be going there. Will post once I get more details.
Prithwitheraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks