Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:00   #391
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
@shabzhere -- just noticed your comment on the Bolt headlights. Contrary to what you said I found the lights very bright and good. It has a whitish hue compared to the usual yellow. In fact it's better than the quality of lighting in my Storme
Even I find the headlamps below par on the highway. Always feel inclined to switch to high beam (which I refrain from with a lot of effort). Has anyone upgraded the headlamps in Bolt? Would like a few pointers here.
Old 25th November 2015, 19:41   #392
BHPian

Need help from fellow Bolt owners. My Tata Bolt has run >12k KMs and the second service is due in a month's time (going by my usual run). I have not changed the engine oil till date. As per the service manual, the first oil change is due at 15k KMs. Need inputs from the Bolt RT owners here:

1. Which engine oil do you use (along with the grade)? At a recent service check up, I had casually enquired the SA the same thing, and he had responded by saying 15W30 grade mineral oil. I am sure it should be 10W40 and not 15W30.

2. How frequently do you change oil? The manual says at an interval of 15k KM, but I feel its too long. Also, should I use synthetic oil as the service interval is at 15k KM?

Thanks in advance!
Old 26th November 2015, 15:42   #393
BHPian

Hi Aviat18

Regarding your queries

1) I prefer changing oil in interval of 7000-8000 kms. I have my Bolt running just over 9K now, and i am getting an early 2nd service done this weekend. Will be asking the SA about the oil change and if they aren't performing it now, i am going to ask them to do it.

2) I second your thought on 10W40, as that is the best choice for BOLT in my view. I think if synthetic Oil is used and you are frequently keeping an eye on the oil levels, then you can stretch the bar to 10k kms. I would not wait till 15k kms for oil change even if it is what the company recommends.

I was under the impression the 15W30 was for good diesel cars. Is your's diesel ?
Old 30th November 2015, 21:31   #394

Hi all,
Believe this is my first post here. Owned an Indica V2 DLS for 11 years and now shifted to the Tata Bolt XT. Did a weekend drive in the Bolt from Delhi to Agra on the Yamuna Expressway. Got 21.2 km/l on the highway, and 18.1 km/l average for 400km highway and 78km, in the city, full-tank to full-tank. Engine was in eco mode for 75% of the journey and A/c was on 75%. Drove quite sedately since I was trying to vary the rpm in the process of running in the engine. I second the opinion expressed here that mileage is not too bad on the highway but is abysmal for city driving.
Cheers
Cherisam
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img_20151128_120557599.jpg  

cherisam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:56   #395
BHPian

Nice to see TATA's new engine do well in terms of mileage (better than their earlier ones).

Keep chucking miles. In today's traffic scenario i think any car which gives over 11 in City peak hours is good.

Congratulations on the BOLT.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:09   #396
BHPian

Sharing a few pics of Max. I am extremely apologetic to all for not writing down a Ownership report due to my work commitments been a little too much. But i have planned to share my thoughts in December when i change my job.

MODS, please move post if it is inappropriate here.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-bolt1.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img_20150129_120817.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-boltlonavala.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-boltlonaval2.jpg

Quick Update on my 2nd Service :-
I am moving to Bangalore by end of first week of December for a new opportunity ( hopefully i have more time to spend around T-bhp stuff after that).

Got my 2nd service complete with 9k kms on the ODO. Engine Oil, Filters were changed alongwith other checks.

Wheel balancing and Alignment done. Total Bill came upto Rs 62/- since i have taken a GOLD AMC with Concorde TATA Motors.
Shabzhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 14:54   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherisam View Post
Hi all,
Believe this is my first post here.
Congrats on the car and the mileage that you are getting. It is true that the engine does pretty well on the longer runs, even when driven slightly more aggressively or in City mode. I like the fact that one doesn't have to accelerate hard to get decent pull, but don't like much the lack of pep if one wants to really get a move on. The engine prefers to be driven sedately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Nice to see TATA's new engine do well in terms of mileage (better than their earlier ones).

Quote:
Sharing a few pics of Max.
We have a Zest in the same colour A Question though, why did you buy the car in MH if you were moving to Bangalore? I ask because if you are bringing the car here, you will be interested in this thread pretty soon.
Old 1st December 2015, 16:24   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congrats on the car and the mileage that you are getting. It is true that the engine does pretty well on the longer runs, even when driven slightly more aggressively or in City mode. I like the fact that one doesn't have to accelerate hard to get decent pull, but don't like much the lack of pep if one wants to really get a move on. The engine prefers to be driven sedately.

We have a Zest in the same colour A Question though, why did you buy the car in MH if you were moving to Bangalore? I ask because if you are bringing the car here, you will be interested in this thread pretty soon.

The movement was not in immediate future plan at all when i bought the car, but some personal choices have left me with option to move back to the city. I am aware of the present conditions for other state vehicles in Bangalore, have been following Waseem's Drive without Borders initiative very keenly.

I am negotiating on the road-tax to be paid in Bangalore for my car with the new company. Hopefully it turns out good. Else it is going to be big dent in the pocket.
Shabzhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 18:27   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
My Tata Bolt has run >12k KMs and the second service is due in a month's time (going by my usual run). I have not changed the engine oil till date. As per the service manual, the first oil change is due at 15k KMs. Need inputs from the Bolt RT owners here:

1. Which engine oil do you use (along with the grade)? At a recent service check up, I had casually enquired the SA the same thing, and he had responded by saying 15W30 grade mineral oil. I am sure it should be 10W40 and not 15W30.

2. How frequently do you change oil? The manual says at an interval of 15k KM, but I feel its too long. Also, should I use synthetic oil as the service interval is at 15k KM?
Oil used in the car when it came from factory is a mineral oil. It's good for a better break in of the engine. You should get the 2nd service done sooner instead of waiting till completing 15,000 kilometers. The 15W30 oil is already overworked.

Your choice of oil is correct, but since your car is under warranty, you need to get a confirmation from the dealer as to whether you can use an oil of your choice or not. If they do not allow, use the mineral oil. If I were you, I'd have let the SA use whatever oil he wants to, till the warranty expires. After that, I'd have moved to a Valvoline DuraBlend 10W40 fully synthetic. From my personal experience, Tata engines have a happy association with Valvoline.

You should change the oil after 8,000 kilometers. 10,000 kilometers the farthest limit.

Last edited by Swapnil4585 : 1st December 2015 at 18:37.
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:26   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Aviat18

I prefer changing oil in interval of 7000-8000 kms. I have my Bolt running just over 9K now, and i am getting an early 2nd service done this weekend. Will be asking the SA about the oil change and if they aren't performing it now, i am going to ask them to do it.

2) I second your thought on 10W40, as that is the best choice for BOLT in my view. I think if synthetic Oil is used and you are frequently keeping an eye on the oil levels, then you can stretch the bar to 10k kms. I would not wait till 15k kms for oil change even if it is what the company recommends.

I was under the impression the 15W30 was for good diesel cars. Is your's diesel ?
Thanks for the response buddy. Mine is a petrol, and our cars share the same colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Oil used in the car when it came from factory is a mineral oil. It's good for a better break in of the engine. You should get the 2nd service done sooner instead of waiting till completing 15,000 kilometers. The 15W30 oil is already overworked.

Your choice of oil is correct, but since your car is under warranty, you need to get a confirmation from the dealer as to whether you can use an oil of your choice or not. If they do not allow, use the mineral oil. If I were you, I'd have let the SA use whatever oil he wants to, till the warranty expires. After that, I'd have moved to a Valvoline DuraBlend 10W40 fully synthetic. From my personal experience, Tata engines have a happy association with Valvoline.

You should change the oil after 8,000 kilometers. 10,000 kilometers the farthest limit.
Planning to get the car serviced by Saturday itself.
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:40   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Yes, the IFE kept moving up even in city mode and stayed steady in sport mode on the highway .
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:17   #402
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Maybe TATA should have gone ahead and forayed into hot hatch segment with the Bolt Sport which was showcased in 2015 Geneva Motor show. It would have given them an advantage over Polo GT and Abarth Punto which are priced north of a million rupees given that TATA is known to keep the price on the lower side. Would have created a buzz among the enthusiasts at least. Hence would have helped consolidate the brand.

Last edited by puneeth2 : 3rd December 2015 at 10:19. Reason: typo
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:09   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth2 View Post
Maybe TATA should have gone ahead and forayed into hot hatch segment with the Bolt Sport. Would have created a buzz among the enthusiasts at least.
Dear Puneeth2 - you have perfectly mirrored my thoughts of what the car should be: Available only in non-metallic rosso-corsa red and shining jet black colors (certainly not white) with contrasting black interiors or red interiors, with matching pin striping treatment on the stitching (you know what I mean) with at least 205/55R15s or even better with 205/55R16s with 7Js or at least 6.5Js black treatment alloys with the 90BHP petrol as well as the 90BHP diesel power packs with the hard suspension tuned for snapshot handling and perfectly stable single and double lane change capability. Call it "Serie Black"! Yes, "Serie", with the "e" without the "s" after it and the "S" written with a flourish! Even the special numbers would be obtained from the RTO for each customer as per his preference, included in the price (they are officially available now). The trick is to do only 10 a month. The catch is not to do 100 or 500 a month, or else it would end up like the S10!

Ooh, now that would be something! I am crazy, isn't it? What say? .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

cc: Dear Moderators - if this post is not in line with the forum guidelines, you may please edit it or remove it as may be appropriate, I understand.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:15   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Puneeth2 - you have perfectly mirrored my thoughts..
.. with the 90BHP petrol as well as the 90BHP diesel power packs with the hard suspension tuned for snapshot handling and perfectly stable..
..Ooh, now that would be something! I am crazy, isn't it? What say? .
Why just 90bhp, sir? Even the new Figo comes with 100bhp for crying out loud. If you are going to wish, wish for 120 - 140 or better still 150 bhp!!

Whether Tata has the engine doing 150 bhp is irrelevant, as in any case, the wishlist is just going to remain a wishlist! *sigh*
Old 7th December 2015, 13:43   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All/Anand

I have just got through with my T-BHP membership and i do own a TATA BOLT XMS REVOTRON .

I will put a ownership report in the next one week.

Regards,
Shabz
Hi buddy welcome to TBHP.
I have owned many cars including TATA Indigo, except for the resale value, the car was good for the price point. My experience with Concorde (ASS) was very good. But my experience with Chevy ( Optra Magnum) dealership was the worst.

If someone is getting 50K cash discount (huge offers) , AMC , exchange bonus etc as benefits then its worth and wise considering the BOLT.

Anyway , someone living in a city always need a hatch , so once bought, BOLT can serve for a long term , hence no need to worry about resale value. If someone love 'BOLT' then close your eyes and follow the heart.

Last edited by Tornado : 7th December 2015 at 13:56. Reason: clarity

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks