Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 15:43   #436
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Hi All,
Happy Owner of Bolt Revotron and its been six months now
Completed 5000kms so far and I love driving Bolt and always excited about long drives. Previously owened Hyundai I10 but never felt that connection and I drove I10 for 7 yearz and its okay.
Coming to Bolt XM, initially I was worried about the mileage after reading reviews online and I think its best mileage too along with great ride quality and different driving modes.
1) I always drive in eco mode and only use other modes on Highway when I need controlled excitement.
2) Without AC I managed to get 26km/litre over a total distance of 270kms - from Old Alwal till Nagarguna dam and I was maintaining speed of 50 -55km/hr ( sweet speed of my bolt)
3) 160 kms drive from old alwal till Yadirgutta , with family _ dad mom wife 3 kids and my brother (who owns ford) with 100%AC on , got a mileage of 18.5km/litre and that too in eco mode
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0402.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0318.jpg  

Rama Naveen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 16:08   #437
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
Hi All,
Completed 5000kms so far and I love driving Bolt and always excited about long drives. Previously owened Hyundai I10 but never felt that connection and I drove I10 for 7 yearz and its okay.
Coming to Bolt XM, initially I was worried about the mileage after reading reviews online and I think its best mileage too along with great ride quality and different driving modes.
1) I always drive in eco mode and only use other modes on Highway when I need controlled excitement.
2) Without AC I managed to get 26km/litre over a total distance of 270kms - from Old Alwal till Nagarguna dam and I was maintaining speed of 50 -55km/hr ( sweet speed of my bolt)
3) 160 kms drive from old alwal till Yadirgutta , with family _ dad mom wife 3 kids and my brother (who owns ford) with 100%AC on , got a mileage of 18.5km/litre and that too in eco mode
Welcome to the forum.
Can u post more pics of your ride? Have you painted the sides and front black, or is it a vinyl wrap?
Old 9th April 2016, 21:45   #438
BHPian

Guys got this done at Detroit. Motors ECIL

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0319.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0293.jpg

Not vinyl but got it painted and the color is valentine red on bonet and rooftop, at Detroit motors ECIL

Last edited by aah78 : 15th April 2016 at 17:57. Reason: Posts merged. Pictures inserted in-line.
Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 11:12   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Bolt is a nice car. Congratulations on your selection Rama Naveen. Just curious about a couple of things:
1. Why didn't you go for the XMS variant? I think it costs only 25K more than the XM variant but you get safety features like dual airbags & seat belts with pretensioners & load limiters.
2. How did you manage to do 50-55 kmph for about 5 hours. Didn't you get bored driving that slowly? Or was it due to traffic or bad roads?

Anyways, wish you lot of safe miles.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 13:42   #440
BHPian

Thanks Srvm,
1) I was making sure not to exceed 5.5 Lakhs and with XM Iam still happy about the security features like ABS and CSC .I wanted to definitely go for XT but purely restricted due to budget constraints.
2) Initially I kept driving slowly for 3 months just to understand at what speed it gives good mileage and wanted to understand bolts fuel consumption. IT'S been six months now and don't exceed 80 on highway and in city you know except on public holidays 50 is highest.
3) My recent driving is also influenced by the articles in team bhp about how to maintain your car, which it states no point in revving at high speed and drinks fuel. Only when I need to revv on inclined roads with considerable load or sometimes only When I need fun I switch to city or sports mate
4) But Bolt gives you a feel of exceptional ride quality mate
5) Thanks to Tata motors for recent endurance test - this definitely boosted my confidence and my trust in Bolt
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:24   #441
BHPian

Hi All, I thought of posting the mileage pics I got from Home(Old Alwal) till office (Hitec city, Raheja Mindspace) which constitutes 25km one way.
I started at 7:30am and following are the observations:-
1) Before starting to office ,DTE was 130km
2) Reached office and the DTE was 113km (let me remind actual distance travelled 25km
3) Evening after logging off at 5:30 pm reached home by 6:35pm(Moderate traffic)
4)Route taken was -> Old Alwal -- Bowenpally --Balanagar ---Mooosapet Route---Hitec----Finally Raheja Mind Space ( Total = 24.5km)
5) Reached office by 8:20am
6) Mileage achieved while going to office 25 and the dropped to 24km/litre
7) Average showed uo when I reached home =20km/litre
8) Total Distance = 50 kms
9)DTE was showing as 94km and actual kms used ---> 130-94=36km but I drove 50kms infact
10) AC 40% utilised
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0451.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0456.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0457.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0462.jpg  

Rama Naveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:36   #442
BHPian

Quote:
6) Mileage achieved while going to office 25 and the dropped to 24km/litre
You missed to mention the vehicle details. It is a diesel, isn't it?
Old 23rd April 2016, 10:09   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
You missed to mention the vehicle details. It is a diesel, isn't it?
No ashish. I think it is Bollt Petrol Revotron. He mentioned it in his previous post. Its an XM variant. Also, if I recollect correctly, only petrol variants of Bolt and Zest come with multi-drive option. The diesel siblings do not have this option. If you see the pics you can clearly see Eco mode in one and City mode in the other pic.

@Rama naveen - wonderful FE for a petrol car
What's your secret?
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:19   #444
BHPian

Thanks SRVM,
Yeah its Revotron Multi drive petrol engine.
Just following best practices mate
1) Ensure tyre pressure is maintained as per manufacturer recommended
2) After I turn on engine I ensure to idle for 30 seconds and then drive the car
3) It's ok to rev up on the highway to achieve good speed i.e (good throttle response =continues motion) but in city traffic sedate driving is good for car's health.
4) Quickly shifting gears to highest gears does much of the trick but ensure there is no lag in the power
Iam surprised for the fact Bolt's kerb weight is more than other hatchback but still it yields good mileage.
Any more tips if you guys want to share , Iam very happy to implement it.
Above all I love driving Bolt and awesome ride quality compared to well established competitors
Rama Naveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 09:19   #445
BHPian

Hello Friends, got a Bolt Revotron XMS for Dad in Jamshedpur. Drove it a bit and what a delightful car it is at the price point. Dont have any pictures as of now.

So likeable it is that now the family wants a Zest Revotron here in Pune , might be a XT here.

Rama Naveen what amazing mileage you are extracting Man! Quite satisfied with the purchase and gonna show your above posts to my Dad and Sister as they are gonna be the primary drivers of the revotron motored Bolt.

Last edited by rosaf : 25th April 2016 at 09:22. Reason: Added comment to Rama's earlier post
Old 25th April 2016, 13:57   #446
BHPian

Thanks Rosaf and congratulations Mate !!!
Congratulations For Bolt and Zest is also great But I think mileage will be slightly lesser in Zest due to Boot load (50 kgs I think) and again great to drive Zest and go as per your requirement.

Also to consider the point from the following link :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ge-vrde-7.html
Update from :- "Latheesh Senior - BHPian"
"Besides the endurance test, another four cars of the same description as the Endurance cars, also ran at a constant pace of 45-55km/h until each ran out of fuel to establish a radical fuel economy figure. The Zest and Bolt clocked-in an impressive mileage of 29.89 kmpl and 28.32 kmpl respectively, monitored under the ideal conditions, to show what state‑of-the-art vehicle technology can achieve. Tata Motors will announce the Tiago fuel economy test results at the car’s launch event. "
As the above point states that ran at a constant pace of 45-55 km/h and Zest and Bolt clocked-in an impressive mileage of 29.89 kmpl and 28.32 kmpl respectively.
I normally maintain that speed to get that mileage figure mate.
But on highway, you know its hard to resist , when you have multi-drive power under your control.
Old 30th April 2016, 14:53   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Completed 5000kms so far and I love driving Bolt and always excited about long drives.
Congrats on your car and the dual tone color looks great!

It's great that you are getting some phenomenal average from your ride and that you are taking efforts to report them here; however, I would request you NOT to distract yourself while driving to click pictures. It would be great if you can find a safe place to park your car and then click the pictures.

Wish you many happy miles with the Bolt!
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:07   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rosaf and congratulations Mate !!!
Congratulations For Bolt and Zest is also great But I think mileage will be slightly lesser in Zest due to Boot load (50 kgs I think) and again great to drive Zest and go as per your requirement.

Also to consider the point from the following link :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ge-vrde-7.html
Update from :- "Latheesh Senior - BHPian"
"Besides the endurance test, another four cars of the same description as the Endurance cars, also ran at a constant pace of 45-55km/h until each ran out of fuel to establish a radical fuel economy figure. The Zest and Bolt clocked-in an impressive mileage of 29.89 kmpl and 28.32 kmpl respectively, monitored under the ideal conditions, to show what state‑of-the-art vehicle technology can achieve. Tata Motors will announce the Tiago fuel economy test results at the car’s launch event. "
As the above point states that ran at a constant pace of 45-55 km/h and Zest and Bolt clocked-in an impressive mileage of 29.89 kmpl and 28.32 kmpl respectively.
I normally maintain that speed to get that mileage figure mate.
But on highway, you know its hard to resist , when you have multi-drive power under your control.
Hi Rama Naveen,
Did a 220km highway run yesterday on my Zest XMS Revotron (Petrol). City mode - drove mostly around 80-85 kmph (5th gear@2000rpm). MID showed 20.6kmpl
Thanks for sharing your secret
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:58   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Congrats on your car and the dual tone color looks great!

It's great that you are getting some phenomenal average from your ride and that you are taking efforts to report them here; however, I would request you NOT to distract yourself while driving to click pictures. It would be great if you can find a safe place to park your car and then click the pictures.

Wish you many happy miles with the Bolt!

Ok Brother Thanks and sure will follow that !!!!

Hi SRVM,
Thats just simply awesome mate. You got 20.6kmpl in city mode and that too in 80-85 kmph speed.
This shows you driving style is really good and I should also learn the tip from you.

Had you driven in Eco mode, Iam sure you would have touched easily 23kmpl to 26kmpl for sure. One this is sure, we are convinced that Bolt Petrol engine delivers the mileage based on the way we drive.
In my car, with total passenger load of 451 KG + boot load of 161 KGS
451 kg+161 KG = 612 kgs on board (( Bolt delivered 18.5 km/l with AC on 100% for a distance of 150 km's.

Quote:
Hi SRVM,
Thats just simply awesome mate. You got 20.6kmpl in city mode and that too in 80-85 kmph speed .
This shows you driving style is really good and I should also learn the tip from you.

Had you driven in Eco mode, Iam sure you would have touched easily 23kmpl to 26kmpl for sure. Point to note, we are convinced that Bolt Petrol engine delivers the mileage based on the way we drive and it really delivers great mileage.
451 kg+161 KG = 612 kgs on board (( Bolt delivered 18.5 km/l with AC on 100% for a distance of 150 km's.
Also in city traffic condition I love this point from Team BHP article :-
"How to Maintain your Car in Top Shape"
Beat the traffic and drive at the right time. My previous workplace entailed a 14 km drive to downtown. To avoid rush-hour traffic, I started leaving home at 0800 hours and used to reach the office in 20 minutes (as opposed to 60 minutes if I left at 0900 hours). Not only did I save time, but my car also returned higher fuel economy, was able to maintain consistent speeds, had fewer gearshifts and spent lesser time idling away in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Equally, hitting the highway early in the morning usually results in lesser traffic and a more pleasurable drive (for you and your car). Keep that in mind for the holiday road-trips.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th May 2016 at 13:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multiquote buttons to respond to everyone at one go. You can also use Edit button to add to a post in the first 20 minutes.
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:44   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SRVM,
Thats just simply awesome mate. You got 20.6kmpl in city mode and that too in 80-85 kmph speed .

Had you driven in Eco mode, Iam sure you would have touched easily 23kmpl to 26kmpl for sure. One this is sure, we are convinced that Bolt Petrol engine delivers the mileage based on the way we drive.
Rama Naveen - I disagree slightly with you on this. Based on my experience with multi-drive modes in Zest Revotron , once you hit a constant speed, say 85kmph - it does not matter much on which mode you are on with respect to fuel efficiency. All modes more or less give same FE. For me at this speed (85kmph @5th gear, 2000rpm) I typically achieve about 21-22 kmpl with full AC on.
To extract more mileage I think there are only 2 more things one can do:
(1) Switch-off AC (given this year's summer temperatures - this is not gonna happen)
(2) Reduce speed to somewhere around 50-55 kmph in 5th gear (drive becomes awfully boring even for a sedate driver like me)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks