Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 09:24   #451
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Hi SRVM,
No mate I disagree with you.
These modes are not gimmicks but really worth and work well.
Next time when you go for any trip observe DTE before and after journey and which mode was used more.
Let me present you my one of my ECO drive mode experience from
Old Alwal till Vemukawada ( 136kms).
1) DTE initial = 300km
After 66 kms of drive with 100% AC on DTE was 260kms and average mileage was 22km/litre and speed 60 to 70 km/hour. So 66+260= 326km ( more the initial DTE figure ).

But driving in city mode would affect DTE. and drop to 210kms and city mode DTE would drop to 180kms mate. Power comes with a price.
Please test it mate.
Old 4th May 2016, 09:49   #452
BHPian

Yes agree with you on DTE shown in MID being related to driving mode.
However, I think at constant speed / constant throttle input, I found the fuel economy to be the same irrespective of the driving mode.
It is when you lose speed (due to speed bumps or tolls or whatever else) and wish to accelerate back to say 80kmph - this is when I found ECO mode more efficient than CITY or SPORT mode - since you are going to reach your crusing speed more gradually (thanks to different ECU mapping) therefore more economically.

Of course, more knowledgable BHPians can give their views on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
Hi SRVM,
No mate I disagree with you.
These modes are not gimmicks but really worth and work well.
Next time when you go for any trip observe DTE before and after journey and which mode was used more.
Let me present you my one of my ECO drive mode experience from
Old Alwal till Vemukawada ( 136kms).
1) DTE initial = 300km
After 66 kms of drive with 100% AC on DTE was 260kms and average mileage was 22km/litre and speed 60 to 70 km/hour. So 66+260= 326km ( more the initial DTE figure ).

But driving in city mode would affect DTE. and drop to 210kms and city mode DTE would drop to 180kms mate. Power comes with a price.
Please test it mate.
Old 5th May 2016, 23:11   #453
BHPian

Hi Guys ,
Couldn't resist posting the mileage pics , and achieved this on shameerpet highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0475.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0477.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0479.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0483.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0485.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0488.jpg  

Rama Naveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:04   #454
BHPian

In case you havent answered this earlier: how accurate is the MID? Have you used the failproof method of tank to tank full?
Old 8th May 2016, 17:21   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
In case you havent answered this earlier: how accurate is the MID? Have you used the failproof method of tank to tank full?
I have always found a variation of 0.5-0.75 KMPL between the MID and the tankful method (with MID being the optimistic one). So I'd reckon its fairly accurate unit in the Bolt.
Old 9th May 2016, 12:54   #456
BHPian

My friend requested me to accompany him for two of his relatives marriage and he wanted me to get my Bolt and I happily agreed as I could get chance to test its strength.
Mate, that is accurate and once tank full(44 Litres) yielded me 800 KM's, with mileage of 18.18km/litre.

But this was a combination of all modes as we were on highway from hyderabad to vijaywada , Tadepalligudem and AC 100% on with fan speed in 2 ( as it was scorching heat -- April 2016 starting).

This also included frequent stops and 30 minutes of heavy traffic at Vijaywada crossing and bad roads. Also we had fun switching modes from Eco to City and wow it was great and to Sports mode, god it was very awesome and my friend was speechless.
Two swift cars( Iam sure they were at 90 to 100km/hr speed) over took us as I was driving in Eco mode and at 70 speed and my friend wanted to test the city mode and I could easily overtook them with in 4 minutes.
My friend compliment, in many ways Bolt is better than Honda car.

So coming to mileage, had I driven completey in ECO mode, I would have definitely fetched 900 to 950 for full tank but with AC on 100%.
Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 14:01   #457
BHPian

Quote:
My friend requested me to accompany him for two of his relatives marriage from Hyderabad to Tanuku and he wanted me to get my Bolt and I happily agreed as I was waiting for long drive adventure.

Mate, that is accurate and once tank full(44 Litres) yielded me 800 KM's, with mileage of 18.18km/litre.

But this was a combination of all modes as we were on highway from hyderabad to vijaywada , Tadepalligudem and AC 100% on with fan speed in 2 ( as it was scorching heat -- April 2016 starting).

This also included frequent stops and 30 minutes of heavy traffic at Vijaywada crossing and bad roads.
Also we had fun switching modes from Eco to City and wow it was great and to Sports mode, god it was very awesome and my friend was speechless.
Two swift cars( Iam sure they were at 90 to 100km/hr speed) over took us as I was driving in Eco mode and at 70 speed and my friend wanted to test the city mode and I could easily overtook them with in 4 minutes.
My friend complimented, in many ways Bolt is better than Honda car.
Top speed was 120km/hr( this was in sports mode) and most frequenty speed was 80km/hr

So coming to mileage, had I driven completey in ECO mode, I would have definitely fetched 900 to 950 for full tank but with AC on 100%.
Bolt definitely fetches good mileage on highways and above Pics which I posted earlier, were ran without AC and 60 km/hr speed.
Old 15th May 2016, 14:43   #458
BHPian

Added scoop to the bonnet and more modifications yet to be done
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0499.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0498.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc_0497.jpg  

Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 10:25   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago (aka Zica) : Official Review

A Bolt accident reported.

The car apparently crashed head-on with an incoming truck, with another truck hitting it's side. Amazingly, no passengers were hurt and all escaped with minor injuries.

The Bolt has taken the collision pretty well - the cabin is completely intact, and the only visible damage is to the engine bay. That said, most of the components inside it look like they will live to fight another day.

No airbags seen (or is that one on the front passenger side, behind the sticker?). Could it be a lower specced Bolt? If yes, the driver & front passenger could have been very, very lucky.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img20151214wa0000.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st June 2016 at 10:37. Reason: Bolt
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 11:26   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Added scoop to the bonnet and more modifications yet to be done
Just one request, please don't click pictures while driving, can be distracting.

I know its your car and money but it seems like a candidate for the w&w thread. Don't you feel it's a little too loud with all that red and chrome? Sorry if you feel otherwise! To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A Bolt accident reported.

The car apparently crashed head-on with an incoming truck, with another truck hitting it's side. Amazingly, no passengers were hurt and all escaped with minor injuries.

The Bolt has taken the collision pretty well - the cabin is completely intact, and the only visible damage is to the engine bay. That said, most of the components inside it look like they will live to fight another day.

No airbags seen (or is that one on the front passenger side, behind the sticker?). Could it be a lower specced Bolt? If yes, the driver & front passenger could have been very, very lucky.
Alloys are faintly visible, considering they are available only on the XT, this should have airbags. And from the pictures, it doesn't look like they opened.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 10:09   #461
BHPian

Hello Dry Ice,

I have stopped clicking pictures now while driving and now focus is more on long distance trips which Iam planning for everymonth.

Only trying to make it look different but so far got good compliments mate.

I don't think it looks disastrous and the saying goes, one cannot impress all.

Thanks & Regards,
Rama
Old 8th June 2016, 13:51   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Alloys are faintly visible, considering they are available only on the XT, this should have airbags. And from the pictures, it doesn't look like they opened.
Airbags do not remain inflated all the time. Once the job is done, the air inside deflates slowly.
So unless there is a picture of the dashboard of that car, there is no way one can tell whether the Airbags deployed or not.

Looking at the state of the car and the fact that all passengers came out safe, looks like the Airbags played their part.
Old 29th June 2016, 16:09   #463

Didn't think there were enough Bolts around to be stolen. On a separate note, how is it that these cars get to be stolen despite immobilisers etc.?
http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle3503039.ece
Old 5th July 2016, 15:34   #464
BHPian

Need help from fellow T-BHPians. Have been facing issues with the brakes of my Bolt RT XM ever since the rains hit Mumbai. There's a grinding noise that comes from the brakes every time I start for office in the morning. It does diminish over the period of travel, however, the braking is definitely not very confident even after running in for over 2 hours. There is little progressive braking and the car usually comes to a hard stop (guess the disc brakes come into picture). As far as I can make out, the grinding noise comes from the rear brakes. Have the brake pads completely worn out? The car has run ~27k KMs till date. Is it normal for the brake pads to be worn out by this time?

The issue of grinding noise is less during my return in the evening. However, the braking is still not as confident as it used to be before the rains.

I have already booked an appointment with the service centre for Thursday to get this issue inspected, as I also needed to replace the wipers.
Old 5th July 2016, 15:57   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
Need help from fellow T-BHPians. Have been facing issues with the brakes of my Bolt RT XM ever since the rains hit Mumbai. There's a grinding noise that comes from the brakes every time I start for office in the morning. It does diminish over the period of travel, however, the braking is definitely not very confident even after running in for over 2 hours. There is little progressive braking and the car usually comes to a hard stop (guess the disc brakes come into picture). As far as I can make out, the grinding noise comes from the rear brakes. Have the brake pads completely worn out? The car has run ~27k KMs till date. Is it normal for the brake pads to be worn out by this time?

Any suspension noises should be rectified ASAP. As any un rectified faults may cause damage to other suspension components.

I would suggest you to have both the front and rear hubs serviced /cleaned and faults rectified, worn brakes replaced, callipers greased, brake lines /brake fluids checked and get bleeding of brake lines done properly.

Suspension parts may fail early/require more frequent maintenance if its abused by rough use/broken roads/mud-slush etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks