Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2016, 10:58   #481
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This Bolt has had its check engine light come on twice already (in <5,000 km). Whenever the light comes on, the air-con stops cooling. Nope, it's not an overheating issue as it happens even when the car is just started cold.
Tata Motors proactively got in touch with me after reading this post and offered to sort the issue out. I appreciate that.

My best friend dropped the car off at Concorde Motors this morning. Scanner showed a record of 'cylinder misfiring'.

Lets hope they resolve it once and for all as the car does see outstation travel. This happening in a 4,000 km car is worrisome.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 11:08   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Tata products have improved a lot. There's no denying that but they have catch up to do. Their price advantage should offset what they lack in terms of refinement. Their pathetic sales and service network is one of the reasons of low sales numbers. From first hand experience, I remember going to buy a Manza as my first car but walked out to a Maruti showromm after seeing the uninterested and lethargic salesperson as if he didn't want to sell the car.
I think the salesperson has done you a favor by giving you a cold shoulder, my experience was different, I had one of the best teas at Concorde Motors Chennai and the sales person was courteous but the product fell short by a large margin the Indigo wouldn't stop when I pressed the brakes and Tata made me realise how good my 6 year old Accent was in comparison and I left the show room a happy person.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 11:21   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I think the salesperson has done you a favor by giving you a cold shoulder.
Possibly what you say is true. That being said, it being an Indian company, there's always a patriotic value while you think of buying a Tata car.
I like the Tata's over any other conglomerate. They are down to earth and philanthropic unlike others who splurge. Hope they steadily improve their car quality and gain public trust. If they can do that, that will be good. My neighbour is all praises for a 8 month old zest. Hope that is a sign of good things to come.
Old 30th August 2016, 11:26   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bolt (and the Zest) enters OLA's ranks.

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tataboltntatazesttaxi.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:20   #485
BHPian

I really liked this style of review. Understated and simple.
avingodb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:53   #486
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tata Motors proactively got in touch with me after reading this post and offered to sort the issue out. I appreciate that.

My best friend dropped the car off at Concorde Motors this morning. Scanner showed a record of 'cylinder misfiring'.
Just an update. Car was readied on the following Monday itself (2 days). All 4 spark plugs have been changed under warranty. Hope that the issue doesn't come up again.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 12:10   #487
BHPian

Update:

Completed Mumbai-Aurangabad-Mumbai trip on the Bolt. The car was flawless all through the drive save for a puncture on the right rear tyre. This is the second instance where the same tyre was punctured. The culprit this time was a screw (it was a nail the last time around).

Posting a snap from the tripmeter for the entire trip.
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img20160906wa0000.jpg
aviat18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 12:41   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
Update:

Completed Mumbai-Aurangabad-Mumbai trip on the Bolt.
Posting a snap from the tripmeter for the entire trip.
Great news.
Just a thought - the round trip should have been in the 650~750 km range. How is it 1000+ km? OR am I missing something?

One more stupid one - petrol/diesel? I am assuming this is petrol.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 6th September 2016, 12:52   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Great news.
Just a thought - the round trip should have been in the 650~750 km range. How is it 1000+ km? OR am I missing something?

One more stupid one - petrol/diesel? I am assuming this is petrol.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
The round trip also included 220 KM return journey from Aurangabad to Ajanta, and then further 60 KM to Ellora and return. There was a fair amount of driving in the busy city lanes of Aurangabad as well (in search of the Himroo and Paithani fabrics).

And yes, its a Petrol. Would have been very disappointing numbers for a diesel
aviat18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 12:56   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
The round trip also included 220 KM return journey from Aurangabad to Ajanta, and then further 60 KM to Ellora and return. There was a fair amount of driving in the busy city lanes of Aurangabad as well (in search of the Himroo and Paithani fabrics).

And yes, its a Petrol. Would have been very disappointing numbers for a diesel
Dear aviat18,

Thanks for the quick update. Now it makes sense. So, which driving style did you use to get these figures? How was the car 'loaded'?

"..Petrol.." - I agree it would indeed have been disappointing for diesel. I had guessed right. I am impressed - that is a good FE indeed.

Girish Mahajan
Old 6th September 2016, 13:00   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear aviat18,

Thanks for the quick update. Now it makes sense. So, which driving style did you use to get these figures? How was the car 'loaded'?

"..Petrol.." - I agree it would indeed have been disappointing for diesel. I had guessed right. I am impressed - that is a good FE indeed.

Girish Mahajan
Driving style was a combination of both (& predominantly) relaxed cruising at 85-90 and spirited driving at (sometimes) triple digit in the early hours of the day.

Wouldn't call the car loaded. There were only 2 of us with the usual packing you'd associate with a lady out on a 3-day road trip. The FE would have been better if not for the Vaijapur-Aurangabad stretch and the WEH section in Mumbai.
aviat18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 11:41   #492
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Just an update. Car was readied on the following Monday itself (2 days). All 4 spark plugs have been changed under warranty. Hope that the issue doesn't come up again.
Looks like I spoke too soon

The issue came up again yesterday. This time, the car refused to start!! After switching her off and trying again after 5 minutes, she fired up.

Why can't Tata build reliable cars? Why can't their workshops solve issues after keeping the car for 2 days?

Same family owns a VW Jetta (35,000 km) and Grand i10 (10,000 km) that haven't faced any such issue.

Will be going back to the workshop.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 12:04   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I spoke too soon

The issue came up again yesterday. This time, the car refused to start!! After switching her off and trying again after 5 minutes, she fired up.

Why can't Tata build reliable cars? Why can't their workshops solve issues after keeping the car for 2 days?

Same family owns a VW Jetta (35,000 km) and Grand i10 (10,000 km) that haven't faced any such issue.

Will be going back to the workshop.
Same here GTO! I own the genx nano. After giving to service , there is a left side pulling which the engineers are struggling to fix! I am definitely contemplating to change my car soon after this! This is second such instance for me.
Old 11th September 2016, 10:12   #494
BHPian

Hi ALL, Well I got different story to share here.

My Car - TATA BOLT XM 90PS ( REVOTRON PETROL ENGINE )

Its been 11 months I got this great machine and clocked 11,501KM's so far without any problems.

My Brother (younger one ) got new TATA ZEST XT Quadrajet 90 PS But how ? . Here's the little story Iam going to share.

My brother owned ford figo diesel and completed 5 years and most of them are aware of the problems associated with figo - low ground clearance, steering needs much effort and long distance tour of 600 + kms would take toll on you but positive side got powerful AC and achieved great mileage from 17km/litre to 22 km/litre after using NULON E 25 Engine treatment and good pick achieved too( Engine noise greatly reduced and he thanked me for that suggestion ).

Note : Unbelievable reviews in snapdeal and I agree this product works.

Ok coming to the story, what inspired him to go for ZEST. Well, I have done many long trips with BOLT and recent one was to Shirdi with 3 of us on board - Me , My brother & My friend.
Many objected not to travel via road to shirdi as roads are pathetic.
Since we already planned this for sometime now, could not drop this plan and ignored the verbal warnings from friends and strangers.

Route : Hyderabad -Nizambad - Nanded - Ahmednagar- Shirdi

Trust me - road condition cannot be termed as pathetic , instead its beyond pathetic and one point we were wondering, are we in 1950's but BOLT ensured to give us magic carpet ride quality even on this disgusting roads. My brother drove 200km's non-stop and we took a break as we couldn't stop appreciating scenic beauty once you touch Nanded. He passed one comment to my friend - How delightful the ride was even on these road's and Iam little tired. BOLT is really good. I overheard and said yes I knew it already and thats why I instantly got connected to this car during test drive and went for it.

We started the trip on saturday 6:00 AM morning , reached shirdi at 8:30pm. Next day after "GOD SAI BABA" darshan ( who gifted me BOLT) , started immediately at 1:30pm and reached hyderabad by 3:45am via sholapur route. BOLT came back in one piece and full tank one way, it gave total 760 KM'S.
I Remember for Tirupathi route = full tank yielded 825 kms , since road condition is excellent and maintaining average speeds at 90km/hr.

Sorry guys, may be Iam dragging little bit but, please forgive me but its been long time, so trying to keep as short as possible.

Ok Brother desperate to change the car now and he calls home following cars for test drive, ( this has been going on since March of 2016 ).
1) Ford figo all variants - including ford ecosport
2) since my earlier car was Hyundai I10 and some bad and costly experience , he ignored it completely ) during 6th service, one would feel pain even for petrol car servicing.
3) MARUTI - He's a great fan of Maruti but we all know the build quality of maruti cars, so he dropped it
4) Volkswagen AMEO - Less space for passengers and not confident even when AC is turned off.
5) FIAT Punto evo -Power was good but suspension bit he did not like it with entire family on boarded.
6) BOLT - Since its been crowned as TAXI car,so he don't want it.

FINALLY he test drove - TATA ZEST diesel and got connected and booked top end model quietly and got delivered day before yesterday.

Guys, Yesterday I drove Bolt fo 20 Km's and felt it was still the same car, when I initially test drove it and I Love my BOLT CAR .

I have been to Brindavan tata motors service centers few times just to check how they are and I feel they are responsive. My second service is due in October first week.

Ok I have purchased BAJAJ AVENGER STREET 150 and also testify ,its awesome bike and one can blindly go for it.

Thanks Guys
RAMA
Rama Naveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 11:52   #495
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Bolt (and the Zest) enters OLA's ranks.
Mahindra must have seen that and got alarmed!

In a quick reaction, they have signed an agreement to sell their vehicles to Ola operators, much like Tata did with Uber earlier:

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-mola.jpg

Anyway, I hope Tata phase out the old workhorses (Indicas & Indigos) soon, even from the fleet market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
After giving to service, there is a left side pulling which the engineers are struggling to fix!
This sounds like a messed up wheel alignment to me. Reputed tyre shops are known to do much better alignment jobs than dealer service centres (across all brands, not just Tata). So you may try getting the wheel alignment done from a competent tyre shop if the Tata service centre guys are unable to fix it for you.

Last edited by RSR : 11th September 2016 at 11:59.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks