Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 11:16   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Can you please look at the Vista top trim and Bolt and confirm what Vista is missing as against Bolt?

There are no lack of features barring the touch screen in the diesel trim, while for petrol on can say that the new petrol engine is with turbo. That's the only broad difference.

Cheers !
Some obvious differences I see are - The HK touchscreen, the projector headlights, the superb dashboard, instrument cluster and interiors etc. Not sure Vista have the same MID as Bolt, so no comments on that. If you sit in Vista and then sit in Bolt, I am sure you will feel that you have entered a car from one or two segments higher (strictly comparing ONLY between Vista and Bolt). I am not saying Vista is bad, what I am saying is Bolt is a huge improvement over Vista.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 16th December 2014 at 11:31.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 14:34   #122

I am guessing because of the soft suspension tune up, this car just like every other TATA will have considerable body roll and would make it reluctant for the driver to push it on bends. But on the bright side this car will probably be the most comfortable on terrible roads in India which let's be honest where most of us will be spending time on and hence should be acceptable for majority of the buyers. Also excellent initiative by Tata to turbocharge the petrol engine to improve low end drivability, hope this will be an eye opener for rival brands to follow.

For all the improvements and tweaks that Tata has done to give their brand a makeover with the Bolt how much would it have cost them to make a more refined 16 valve engine that revvs freely without hesitation and running out of of breath. I feel a 16 valve engine along with the turbocharger would have definitely made the Bolt a segment winner by a good margin.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:49   #123
BHPian

Looks like test drive vehicles have started to reach dealerships.

Today I saw a covered car in a TATA dealership near my home at Pune, from the shape car was most probably Bolt.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:53   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydNaz View Post
I am guessing because of the soft suspension tune up, this car just like every other TATA will have considerable body roll and would make it reluctant for the driver to push it on bends.
The Zest have a minimal body roll. The Bolt is said to feature a firmer tuned suspension. No reason to guess considerable body roll to be in Bolt. About the engine thing, they are using Fiat's diesel engine for a reason, it takes a LOT to make your own, new engine. Similarly, for a new Petrol engine, they were surely not in a position to make a new one while their sales kept sliding. Also, going by the segment's standards, the Revotron is just fine. In this segment, it is more about giving more value for lesser price than 100 hp engines.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 08:09   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata's Bolt will debut on January 15th. No AMT offering as of now.

Is speculated to launch at prices between 4.5-7 lakhs.

http://autoportal.com/news/scoop-tat...2015-2726.html.
Old 19th December 2014, 20:01   #126
BHPian

Went for the delivery of my cousin and fellow TBhpian karzzexped's TATA Zest and look what I spotted

The Sales Trainer was friendly enough to give us a glimpse along with a quick photograph. Apologies for the poor quality, since the car was literally kept dark from the public's view.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc04501002.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-dsc04506001.jpg  

Car Architect is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 09:38   #127
BHPian

Thanks Car_Architect,

Did you get chance to check about expected launch date? is the launch scheduled on 15th Jan as speculated on some car portal? or maybe earlier?
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 14:36   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Thanks Car_Architect,

Did you get chance to check about expected launch date? is the launch scheduled on 15th Jan as speculated on some car portal? or maybe earlier?
Actually this car isn't the demo car. It had just arrived from the media drive and was meant for training their personnel.

The Sales Manager who handled my cousin's delivery spoke about TATA's plans of launching the car at the earliest possible, most probably mid January - but didn't furnish me with the exact dates.

I'm expecting the car to be unveiled that goes in-line with his comments.
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:37   #129
BHPian

I am still not very convinced about the rear door design, this is still reminding you the Indica . I can only hope the quality of the fitments are on par with the European competition.
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:48   #130
BHPian

Online Bookings for the TATA Bolt has commenced. The booking amount is 11,000 INR.

Following the footsteps of HeroMotocorp and Mahindra & Mahindra(SnapDeal), Tata Motors has now created a website exclusively for Bolt's booking.

Check Out the Link :- https://bookonline.tatamotors.com/book-a-car/bolt

Also saw this unique video in their official website.

Interestingly the Orange shade featured in the advert has been replaced by Dune Beige in their color selection list. Also there is no availability of the Buzz Blue color, which was the promotional color for the Zest.

Last edited by karzzexped : 22nd December 2014 at 17:18.
karzzexped is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:52   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzzexped View Post

Also saw this unique video in their official website.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=lkpAG7Q_acA
This is an old video. I remember seeing it when TM show cased Zest and Bolt during the 2014 auto expo.
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:07   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
I am still not very convinced about the rear door design, this is still reminding you the Indica . I can only hope the quality of the fitments are on par with the European competition.
Bolt has lines and contours similar to the Zest, if anything. The specs of the car are completely different from the Indica.
If the Zest interiors are anything to go by, it think it will be very much at par
akhil.sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:39   #133
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bolt will have grey alloys on the top-line XT variant, I am told.

Somehow I believe the silver ones look better. The grey ones might look good on a white car, but I doubt how well will they look on other colors.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:04   #134
Senior - BHPian

I was at National Pune servicing my safari and I suddenly hapenned to see a lovely red XT revotron Bolt. Managed a couple pictures on my mobile. Trying to send this from my phone and I hope it posts ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image476232770.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image2693885201.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image2109345726.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image2380671620.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image582432086.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image2271571462.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image2062060841.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-image145172610.jpg  

jkrishnakj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:50   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The Bolt will have grey alloys on the top-line XT variant, I am told.

Somehow I believe the silver ones look better. The grey ones might look good on a white car, but I doubt how well will they look on other colors.
Tata bolt marketing seems to be very low key. They started display of bolt at our local mall on Monday, with hardly any fanfare.
The display car is red with grey alloys. To my eye both colours didn't gel with each other.

Most Viewed