Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:28   #421
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

I am planning to buy bolt xms. Upon having some casual talk with a bolt xe owner, he said that pickup is good but brakes aren't adequate! From various posts in our forum i came to know that brakes in entry and mid variants of swift are pathetic. Is that in case with bolt?
Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:39   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
I am planning to buy bolt xms. Upon having some casual talk with a bolt xe owner, he said that pickup is good but brakes aren't adequate! From various posts in our forum i came to know that brakes in entry and mid variants of swift are pathetic. Is that in case with bolt?
Thanks.
Bolt XE does not come with ABS, while Bolt XM and above variants (XMS and XT) comes with ABS as standard, therefore XMS may not have the inadequate braking issue.

Same issue with Swift, earlier entry (Ldi/Lxi) and mid (Vdi/Vxi) variants of Swift did not have ABS as standard (although mid variants have option to go with ABS equipped variants), but most of the sales executives used to discourage buyers from going with ABS variants, therefore your impression about weaker brakes is also correct. Team Bhp official review also suggested that.

Bit off track but now MSIL do provide optional safety features on all variants of Swith therefore things might have improved.
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:58   #423
BHPian

Quote:
A treat for the speed enthusiasts will be the Sporty hatchback, developed by Tata Motors and Jayem Automotive. This performance version, represents an attitude of winning and staying ahead. This attitude is embedded in the car”s aspects of design and driving dynamics. This performance hatchback with stylized body kit comes equipped with the 1.2T Revotron engine, enhanced to 110 PS power and 170 Nm torque, delivering 0 to 100 km/h within 12 seconds.
Source: http://www.tatamotors.com/press/tata...uto-expo-2016/
Old 24th February 2016, 12:07   #424
BHPian

Had been to a TASS center yesterday and saw a banner at the entrance which said that they are offering Bolt now for yellow board customers as well. This is a departure from their earlier stance, Looks like TML is pushing hard to get some more sales for the Bolt
Old 24th February 2016, 13:10   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Had been to a TASS center yesterday and saw a banner at the entrance which said that they are offering Bolt now for yellow board customers as well. This is a departure from their earlier stance, Looks like TML is pushing hard to get some more sales for the Bolt
Yup. Coincidentally, I noticed a yellow board Bolt in my community complex at Hyd today. This is a rare car to see, and felt a bit sad when I saw the yellow board.

They should have atleast waited for the Bolt 'Sport' to be launched.
Old 15th March 2016, 15:52   #426
BHPian

The yellow board introduction looks to have met with good success. I see a lot of yellow board Bolts in our office campus and on the roads in BLR. Speaking to our office cab driver, he was keen to get himself a Bolt too, but wanted to wait for the Zica/Tiago launch before making a decision.
I feel the dealerships are trying to move out excess Bolt inventory now, to make space for upcoming launches.
The general expectation (including mine) is that the Zica/Tiago will get the sales numbers that the Bolt couldn't, provided they price it right
perty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:10   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Quote:
A treat for the speed enthusiasts will be the Sporty hatchback, developed by Tata Motors and Jayem Automotive. This performance version, represents an attitude of winning and staying ahead. This attitude is embedded in the car”s aspects of design and driving dynamics. This performance hatchback with stylized body kit comes equipped with the 1.2T Revotron engine, enhanced to 110 PS power and 170 Nm torque, delivering 0 to 100 km/h within 12 seconds.
Source: http://www.tatamotors.com/press/tata...uto-expo-2016/
quoting myself from an earlier post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
.... and it joins a long list of illustrious vapourware tata cars before it (sport indica, Electric indica, Indica vista, Prima, nano sport ... .
After hearing tata cry wolf for so many supposedly new products, I'll believe this one when it actually happens (probably never!)
Old 16th March 2016, 08:32   #428
BHPian

I've seen several Yellow Board Bolts in Hyderabad in the past few days. But the white on these Bolts looks different from the White color on the Zest. I did notice one of them was an XM, not sure what the variants were for the other cars.

I guess most owners must have clocked decent 5 digit clicks on the ODO. How is the Revotron compared to other petrol engines of other manufacturers? (After a few thousand kilometers)
Is it prudent to go for a Bolt Petrol in the next few months? Or, wait for one of the several launches lined up?

Last edited by Guru_DTSi : 16th March 2016 at 08:35. Reason: Revotron Query.
Old 16th March 2016, 12:55   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_DTSi View Post
I've seen several Yellow Board Bolts in Hyderabad in the past few days. But the white on these Bolts looks different from the White color on the Zest. I did notice one of them was an XM, not sure what the variants were for the other cars.

I guess most owners must have clocked decent 5 digit clicks on the ODO. How is the Revotron compared to other petrol engines of other manufacturers? (After a few thousand kilometers)
Is it prudent to go for a Bolt Petrol in the next few months? Or, wait for one of the several launches lined up?

Somewhat amazingly, I saw an XT Bolt being used as a cab. I guess the owner got a very sweet deal on it, so much so that he felt the extra investment for alloy wheels/touch screen ICE was something he could comfortably recover and still turn a decent profit by running it as a cab.

I drive a 1 year old Zest Revotron XMS, which has clocked 15k kms. 1 year is a bit early to judge the engine, but so far I have not had any major issues with it and it drives well. It's rather gruff on the outside but NVH is well controlled inside the cabin. The on-the-fly mode change has been a supremely useful feature. Most of my drive is in eco mode (which helps me clock 15 kmpl on average), but when the situation demands a quick overtaking manoeuvre, or a steep uphill climb with more than 4 adults on board, the city and sports modes are well up to the task.

IMO I would wait for the Tiago and Kite sedan launch. I might be wrong here, but the Bolts that will be delivered by the dealerships now have probably been in their stock yard for a while and I am not sure if you will get a month or two old Bolt if you buy one now.
I got an email today saying that bookings for Tiago are open, which means the launch is not far away. I would suggest that you wait for the new launch and take a call based on the individual needs/feature variants/pricing. Hopefully TML has learnt that the way to play the market is to start a new launch with a cut throat price and then raise it with demand, instead of starting with a sky high price and then reducing it in panic after the customers have fled .
perty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 18:38   #430
BHPian

Just completed a 2600 KM marathon on our Bolt (Mumbai- Hassan - Madikeri- Bangalore - Mumbai).

Day 1: Mumbai to Hassan
Left Mumbai at 5 AM and reached Hassan at 11.30 PM with a total driving time of ~16.5 hours. Hiriyur to Hassan was a cautious drive on the SH of Karnataka (smooth tarmac but with occasional bumps or dug-ups)

Day 4: Bangalore to Mumbai
Left Bangalore at 11 AM and reached Mumbai by 5.30 AM next day. Total driving time was ~16 hours.

Highlight of the trip was excellent fuel efficiency that surpassed all my expectations and previous experience. I used to keep receiving 40-points check-up SMSs from Wasan motors, Kandivali. This time, a week before the trip, I made a point to get the vehicle checked (since the last servicing was in December and the car had already run ~7000 KMs since then).

The DTE used to show astonishing range of 800 KMs after every tankful. I used to refill with about 150-180 KMs to go with ~31 litres at a go (always from a COCO pump, a handy list of which I was carrying for the entire route).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img_20160325_095614401.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img_20160328_053747025.jpg  

aviat18 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 10:40   #431
BHPian

This is Awesome . Btw Petrol or Diesel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
Just completed a 2600 KM marathon on our Bolt (Mumbai- Hassan - Madikeri- Bangalore - Mumbai).

Left Mumbai at 5 AM and reached Hassan at 11.30 PM with a total driving time of ~16.5 hours. Hiriyur to Hassan was a cautious drive on the SH of Karnataka (smooth tarmac but with occasional bumps or dug-ups)

Left Bangalore at 11 AM and reached Mumbai by 5.30 AM next day. Total driving time was ~16 hours.

Highlight of the trip was excellent fuel efficiency that surpassed all my expectations and previous experience. I used to keep receiving 40-points check-up SMSs from Wasan motors, Kandivali. This time, a week before the trip, I made a point to get the vehicle checked (since the last servicing was in December and the car had already run ~7000 KMs since then).

The DTE used to show astonishing range of 800 KMs after every tankful. I used to refill with about 150-180 KMs to go with ~31 litres at a go (always from a COCO pump, a handy list of which I was carrying for the entire route).
Old 31st March 2016, 12:46   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
This is Awesome . Btw Petrol or Diesel ?
Its a petrol car. Hence the pleasant surprise. I have done long trips in the past as well but never received a FE of this nature (usually hovered around 17-18). I guess cleaner air filter did the trick here.
Old 31st March 2016, 21:54   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
I drive a 1 year old Zest Revotron XMS, which has clocked 15k kms. 1 year is a bit early to judge the engine, but so far I have not had any major issues with it and it drives well. It's rather gruff on the outside but NVH is well controlled inside the cabin. The on-the-fly mode change has been a supremely useful feature. Most of my drive is in eco mode (which helps me clock 15 kmpl on average), but when the situation demands a quick overtaking manoeuvre, or a steep uphill climb with more than 4 adults on board, the city and sports modes are well up to the task.

I too am from Bengaluru and bought a Zest XMS in late Feb-2016. Not seen too many Zests on road here in the eastern part of the city. Bolt is even rare to see. I completely agree with your observations on Sport, Eco and City driving modes. I too drive mostly in Eco mode with similar mileage (14.9 kmpl over 900kms driven so far). No issues with the car so far
Old 1st April 2016, 06:35   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post

Happy to see your FE Congrats and wish you more safe miles. Could you share details like which mode & speed did you drive mostly?
I too could achieve 21 kmpl in my Zest XMS RT over a 280km highway run.
Sorry for being little off topic - what is special about COCO pumps?
I'm a newbie to driving, so please shed some light.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:26   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Happy to see your FE Congrats and wish you more safe miles. Could you share details like which mode & speed did you drive mostly?
I too could achieve 21 kmpl in my Zest XMS RT over a 280km highway run.
Sorry for being little off topic - what is special about COCO pumps?
I'm a newbie to driving, so please shed some light.
More than 90% of my highway run is usually in the City mode, unless there are some steep ghat sections where I switch to Sports mode. In the city, I used to drive in the City mode only (attribute this to laziness), but have recently switched to Eco mode as it appears more suitable in the crawling bumper to bumper traffic.

COCO refers to Company-Owned, Company-Operated pumps. At least I am assured of fuel quality at these outlets. Make sure you find one for your regular needs.
aviat18 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks