Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 13:37   #181
BHPian

Re: Mercedes CLA - Tyre Upsize

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil.propel View Post
My only question is how much air pressure to maintain on the upsized tyres. The manufacturer recommended pressure on stock tyres is 36 in front tyres and 32 in rear tyres.

Since the overall diameter has increased what tyre pressure should I keep in the upsized tyres.
Tyre pressure for upsized tyres is not dependent on their diameter, but their load index. Here's a pdf guide for the same.
sidhu_hs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 01:01   #182
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Does anyone have the exact catch in this one? It sounds way too good to be true.

Wifey was not convinced when I told her that I wanted to swap my Rapid with an Octi but when I showed her CLA, the idea was sold.

Anyone know the catch in this one? Sounds too good to be true.

Thanks
Ashwin
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review-screenshot_20181112005859_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th November 2018 at 05:24. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
ashwinmanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 08:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmanuk View Post
Hello Guys,

Does anyone have the exact catch in this one? It sounds way too good to be true.
It is the Star Agility lease plan. It works well if you want to lease the car. You pay the down payment, pay the emis for the lease period and then return the car for an agreed value after the lease term.
If you want to keep the car at the end, pay up the buy back value agreed one shot and keep it.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2019 at 11:51. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 16:28   #184
BHPian

Re: Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
It is the Star Agility lease plan. It works well if you want to lease the car. You pay the down payment, pay the emis for the lease period and then return the car for an agreed value after the lease term.
If you want to keep the car at the end, pay up the buy back value agreed one shot and keep it.

Hello Arjun,

I am currently paying 27k on a 60 months tenure. 18 of this have been paid.

Do you think swapping my Rapid for this one on a lease will be a good idea?

Thanks
Ashwin Manu
Old 12th November 2018, 17:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Hello Arjun,

I am currently paying 27k on a 60 months tenure. 18 of this have been paid.

Do you think swapping my Rapid for this one on a lease will be a good idea?...

18 months is too short a time to swap a car. Honestly I would keep the Rapid if you are in no hurry to change your car.

In my previous post, I forgot to add that there might be bullet payments very 12th month.This along with insurance and service( all due in the same month) will set you back quite substantially.

Speak to the Mercedes finance guys, figure out your finances and then decide. I know them pretty well in Bangalore and could do my bit in getting you a good deal. PM me and will put you onto the right people.

CLA won't feel any bigger than the Rapid. Probably a little more cramped as well. If your parents stay with you, I suggest you keep the Rapid.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2019 at 11:51. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 20:04   #186
BHPian

Quote:
18 months is too short a time to swap a car. Honestly I would keep the Rapid if you are in no hurry to change your car.....
Thanks, Arjun. I am definitely not in a hurry to upgrade but every time a CLA passes by, I begin to question my loyalty.

My wife's parents join us occasionally on road trips but more often than not, it's wife, my golden retriever and myself on the road.

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to DM. But if you think 18 months is too short a duration, I will hold the Rapid back for longer.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2019 at 11:49. Reason: Typo corrected
ashwinmanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 02:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Agility plans may sound economical at the outset but it's not. At the end of the tenure, value of the car will be decided based on your run and condition of the car. If you want to own the car then you pay that value and own it or else you return the car with 0 cash in your hand. That's the catch here!! You run the car on lease and you are not owner of it at the end of the tenure.

I personally will never go for this plan considering the fact that I spend about 20 lacs in 3 years and I am left with nothing.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2019 at 11:49. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:44   #188

My car just touched a mileage figure which I did not achieve over the last 12 months since I have had it. It had never gone beyond 18.75 kmpl but it averaged 21.2 kmpl and is due for its first service next week I am impressed

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2019 at 11:50. Reason: Please don't type.. like.. this... and use proper punctuation in posts.
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:29   #189
Team-BHP Support

My cousin picked up a CLA 200 last week with Rs 10 Lakh off
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 14:17   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
My cousin picked up a CLA 200 last week with Rs 10 Lakh off
@ajmat how much was the OTR price in Bangalore? did you get it financed? Thinking of buying the CLA but it is currently going over my budget. Thinking of venturing into Luxury segment for the first time so need to make sure that I can afford it. Currently own a Linea T-Jet 2011 model which has clocked 1 lakh KM.

which dealer did you get it from?

Last edited by FamilyTraveller : 4th February 2019 at 14:21. Reason: added an additional question
Old 4th February 2019, 17:02   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
@ajmat how much was the OTR price in Bangalore? did you get it financed? Thinking of buying the CLA but it is currently going over my budget. Thinking of venturing into Luxury segment for the first time so need to make sure that I can afford it. Currently own a Linea T-Jet 2011 model which has clocked 1 lakh KM.

which dealer did you get it from?
What are the specs of CLA 200? Why not consider 330i?
I wanted something that will genuinely be a worthy upgrade to my 1.8 TSi Laura and nothing came closer than the 330i.
Very good discounts going on.
Old 4th February 2019, 19:03   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I wanted something that will genuinely be a worthy upgrade to my 1.8 TSi Laura and nothing came closer than the 330i.
To be honest I was seriously looking at Honda Civic as an upgrade to my Linea thats when I thought of exploring the luxury segment as well. I may not be too concerned about specs between BMW and Merc as long as it fits in my budget which you can now figure out is already stretched by a huge amount by moving from Honda Civic to one of the luxury cars. Thats why checking on discounts and if it makes sense to venture into this territory at all.
Old 4th February 2019, 19:27   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Bang On..!!!

As an upgrade to the German trio, the 330i ticks all the right boxes and is super fun car to drive.

Quote:
Thats why checking on discounts and if it makes sense to venture into this territory at all.
All the 3 brands offer significant discounts and you can always haggle for more depending on your choice of color, variant and time of purchase, so if you can upgrade, do it.

Akshaya Motors seems to offer better discounts than Sundaram in Bangalore, you could try them out. If you decide to sign the cheque and need some help, holler.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 20:09   #194
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
To be honest I was seriously looking at Honda Civic as an upgrade to my Linea thats when I thought of exploring the luxury segment as well.

Stretching to buy the Germans is a piece of cake, the maintainance, service costs and insurance renewals is what you need to be prepared for.

If you are buying a German buy a proper one. 330i will be my pick over the CLA. However if you really want the CLA, I can help with your negotiations at Akshaya, know the guys out there well. PM me your number and I will put you on to the right folks.

Alternatively Octavia RS or even the 1.8 TSI will be a great buy. Looks like Skoda has better reliability with the current gen cars.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 14:21   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Stretching to buy the Germans is a piece of cake, the maintainance, service costs and insurance renewals is what you need to be prepared for.

If you are buying a German buy a proper one. 330i will be my pick over the CLA. However if you really want the CLA, I can help with your negotiations at Akshaya, know the guys out there well. PM me your number and I will put you on to the right folks.

Alternatively Octavia RS or even the 1.8 TSI will be a great buy. Looks like Skoda has better reliability with the current gen cars.
Thank you for offering your help. How much is the average per year maintenance (Insurance+ service)? I plan to buy a new car by end of 2019. Next gen CLA is expected to be launched then. If they give great discounts on the current gen CLA I would go for it or the next gen/A class Sedan. May also look at the 330 if it is around the same price.

Wife is really bowled over by the looks of the CLA and the 3 pointed star logo. I have 2 kids under 10 years old so rear seat may not be too much of a problem for next 5-6 years.

Most Viewed