Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 09:09   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
forget Lower trim. This car doesn't have Rear AC vents even for the CBU version. Im really surprised at this review car. Because i was offered the CBU car as well since I'm planning to buy this. The CBU car doesn't come with ACC and also Rear AC vent. How come the team bhp review has both?
They were all CBU's and a combination of factory cars brought in for evaluation and deaer demo's. I had the petrol first which had climate control and rear vents. I felt very positive. When I swwtiched to the diesel, I felt a bit shortchanged. The specs were not very clear at the time of testng
Old 8th February 2016, 10:28   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They were all CBU's and a combination of factory cars brought in for evaluation and deaer demo's. I had the petrol first which had climate control and rear vents. I felt very positive. When I swwtiched to the diesel, I felt a bit shortchanged. The specs were not very clear at the time of testng
I don't know about the petrol CBU, as Iam yet to look at one. Both diesels (CBU & CKD) didn't have Auto Ac and rear aircon vents. But it is so pathetic and cheap of Mercedes India to remove such vital feature like Auto AC (climate control) Rear AC vents and also heated seats compared to the international models. Mind you ajmat, we as indians pay much higher than rest of the world (barring vietnam) when it comes to them making profits, still they cut costs with this minor things and rip us off. :\

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 8th February 2016 at 10:29.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:28   #108

Hi Guys, well after a month delay I finally got the delivery of my SnowWhite I have attached some pics. I will try and write an ownership review after a couple of months.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review-image.jpeg  

sakets is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 15:47   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakets View Post
Hi Guys, well after a month delay I finally got the delivery of my SnowWhite I have attached some pics. I will try and write an ownership review after a couple of months.
Super congratulations Sakets.
It looks stunning in this color. i guess, this would be 1st CLA ownership thread. Will certainly be interesting to read it.
Old 15th April 2016, 07:32   #110
BHPian

2017 CLA Facelift

Within few weeks of showcasing the 2017 CLA-Class at the New York Motor Show, Mercedes has brought in the facelift model to India for homologation.

Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review-capture.jpg

CLA now gets the diamond radiator grille, new LED headlamps and taillamps and new front and rear bumpers along with interior upgrades.

Variants that have been imported come with existing engine options:

CLA 200d: 2,143cc diesel engine capable of 134 BHP @3,200-4,000 rpm and 300 Nm of torque @ 1,400-3,000 rpm. Top speed = 220 kph.

CLA 220: 1,991cc, petrol engine capable of 181 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 300 Nm of torque @ 1,200-4,000 rpm. Top speed = 235 kph.

Mercedes CLA-Class : Official Review-mercedesbenzcla2017102404.jpg

Source: Zauba
Senna4Ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 15:37   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakets View Post
Hi Saket

Hope your car is doing well? Any updates you can share?

I am looking at the CLA 200 and want to check on current discounts in Mumbai. I believe there is good scope for bargaining now.

Look forward to your inputs.
Old 11th July 2016, 15:01   #112
BHPian

CLA 200 Sports

Clocked 3000kms last week on this beauty. Really satisfied with the car so far in terms of performance and the way it turns heads wherever i go .

Touched very high speeds on Agra expressway with ease, before I got nervous and let the throttle go. I am getting mileage of 11-12 for city driving and 15-16 on highway sprints (both on E mode). The only gripe for me is the suspension, which i feel is still quite stiff and big daddy potholes always make sure to introduce themselves to your spine!

The service experience has been good so far as well, with the 3 month checkup and again during the monsoon checkup campaign. Not a penny spent yet! I haven't opted for their service package, do you guys suggest taking it up?

Last edited by Eddy : 11th July 2016 at 15:19. Reason: Please do not post about speeding on public roads.
Old 11th July 2016, 15:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
That is very dangerous man. You should really not be hitting those speeds anywhere in the world let alone India to be honest.
Yep, realized the danger soon after. Honestly, it wasn't the plan, just that the sight of wide open road, eager engine and a hyperactive right leg gave way!
Old 11th July 2016, 22:40   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Yep, realized the danger soon after. Honestly, it wasn't the plan, just that the sight of wide open road, eager engine and a hyperactive right leg gave way!

Hey Monaro, which other cars did you consider? How is the CLA as a daily driver for 1-2 people?

Also what kind of discounts were you offered?

I am smitten by the CLA, and there seem to be very few reports. Your feedback will be very helpful.
Old 12th July 2016, 00:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am really considering the CLA petrol for myself to upgrade from the Jetta, The only reason i am thinking about the CLA is the petrol performance, Interior and the LOOKS! Its drop dead gorgeous in red colour, But one thing i really cannot digest is the rear seat, My parents won't even step in i am sure, But since mostly the car would be used by me only it makes a little sense for me, I can't really tell my dad to go and have a look at the car until there are some good discounts going around.

Saw a couple of Diesel Cla's posted online but i am only interested in the petrol version, Anyone has an idea when would the discounts start pouring in? Probably before the 2017 CLA launches? I would gladly get the 2016 Model with heavy discounts since there isn't a major change in both the cars.
Old 12th July 2016, 09:59   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys, I am really considering the CLA petrol for myself to upgrade from the Jetta, The only reason i am thinking about the CLA is the petrol performance, Interior and the LOOKS! Its drop dead gorgeous in red colour, But one thing i really cannot digest is the rear seat, My parents won't even step in i am sure, But since mostly the car would be used by me only it makes a little sense for me, I can't really tell my dad to go and have a look at the car until there are some good discounts going around.

I really liked the CLA. Its no 3 Series in terms of handling but it is sure-footed and felt like an upgrade from the Jetta. The rear seat is okay in terms of length. It is the headroom which is a challenge. An Audi A3 is the reverse.

The petrol is the best choice but check that you are happy with the tappety engine. Some CBU cars are still available. Check what spec you are getting.

I got the fully specced Petrol when testing and felt good. When I switched to the diesel with no climate control and not rear A/c, I felt a bit shortchanged
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 09:59   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
Hey Monaro, which other cars did you consider? How is the CLA as a daily driver for 1-2 people?

Also what kind of discounts were you offered?

I am smitten by the CLA, and there seem to be very few reports. Your feedback will be very helpful.
I drive it myself and usually take it out on office fridays and weekends, as I usually commute by metro. I feel its a perfect daily driver for 2 people as long as you can keep the curious souls from smashing into you.

The other cars i had considered were A3/A4, BMW 3 Series and Superb. But somehow, I just fell for the CLA the moment I saw it. BMW was a close contender due to the superb ride quality, but it just looked dated IMHO.

I got a 2 Lac discount plus 50% off insurance for the purchase made in December 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Saw a couple of Diesel Cla's posted online but i am only interested in the petrol version, Anyone has an idea when would the discounts start pouring in? Probably before the 2017 CLA launches? I would gladly get the 2016 Model with heavy discounts since there isn't a major change in both the cars.

It's been 6 months since i got the red beauty home and my parents have probably sat in it twice. It is really low slung and getting in/out is not really comfortable for the elderly. They're used to the SUV and don't really prefer sedans anymore. But, if its any consolation, my friends and kids in the family have never once complained sitting in the rear. Just show them the pana roof and they'll be happy!

Choice between Petrol and Diesel was pretty easy once you take it for a TD. Apart from 2-3kmpl extra, there's nothing, NOTHING, the diesel offers! I'd suggest go for a discounted 2016 model unless you really need an updated HU and few additional gimmicks and updates for a hefty sum!
Monaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 20:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I really liked the CLA. Its no 3 Series in terms of handling but it is sure-footed and felt like an upgrade from the Jetta. The rear seat is okay in terms of length. It is the headroom which is a challenge. An Audi A3 is the reverse.

The petrol is the best choice but check that you are happy with the tappety engine. Some CBU cars are still available. Check what spec you are getting.

I got the fully specced Petrol when testing and felt good. When I switched to the diesel with no climate control and not rear A/c, I felt a bit shortchanged
I have to skip the 3 series since i have driven it for several months, Its a lovely car no doubt, But need to experience something new now, A3 honestly doesn't stand a change in terms of looks, A3 looks very half baked honestly (Personal opinion) Ill have to convince my dad somehow that i won't let him sit at the back seat of a CLA, Specially now when we are spoilt by the acres of space in XUV and even with the back seat of the jetta, I am okay with a little noisy engine if it delivers good power, On the other hand a remap is out of the question because of the gear box limitation i suppose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
I drive it myself and usually take it out on office fridays and weekends, as I usually commute by metro. I feel its a perfect daily driver for 2 people as long as you can keep the curious souls from smashing into you.

The other cars i had considered were A3/A4, BMW 3 Series and Superb. But somehow, I just fell for the CLA the moment I saw it. BMW was a close contender due to the superb ride quality, but it just looked dated IMHO.

I got a 2 Lac discount plus 50% off insurance for the purchase made in December 2015.

It's been 6 months since i got the red beauty home and my parents have probably sat in it twice. It is really low slung and getting in/out is not really comfortable for the elderly. They're used to the SUV and don't really prefer sedans anymore. But, if its any consolation, my friends and kids in the family have never once complained sitting in the rear. Just show them the pana roof and they'll be happy!

Choice between Petrol and Diesel was pretty easy once you take it for a TD. Apart from 2-3kmpl extra, there's nothing, NOTHING, the diesel offers! I'd suggest go for a discounted 2016 model unless you really need an updated HU and few additional gimmicks and updates for a hefty sum!
There is no doubt i will ONLY buy the petrol variant, Even the colour (RED) is decided, Getting it at a good price while heavy discounts is going on is my main motive, I don't really mind not getting the newer facelifted model with minor changes.

Indeed i will probably start calling up dealers by the end of this month to check what are they offering currently, I really feel during Diwali heavy discounts pour in, And also during the year end.. Lets see..

Red CLA petrol has got my attention!
Old 18th July 2016, 08:36   #119
Senior - BHPian

With so many compact cars being churned out by the Big 3, I get the feeling that the German premium is being flogged for the sake of numbers.

I for sure was terrible disappointed with the test drive of the GLA and CLA diesels. Apart from not having basics like the automatic climate control and other basic features,they really don't feel special to drive anymore.

The German Big 3 are now beginning to feel like mass produced mainstream auto companies who also have luxury divisions. Mercedes in particular are almost churning out rubbish from the A class onwards all the way to the C. I recently read a few articles and most independent surveys in America have Mercedes ranked extremely low on the reliability ratings. In some cases as low as 21st with Lexus, Mazda and Toyota taking 3 of the top 5 spots. Kia and Hyundai are also there in the top 10.

Looks like all that we are getting now with the entry level cars from these stables is a perceived premium and spec for spec would be outgunned by similar priced products from the Japanese and Korean manufacturers. Take an Accord and shoot off with say an A Class and you will get what I mean.

My two cents.May be we should have a separate thread on premium vs perceived premium.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 23:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

After having a good long conversation with my dad regarding considering the CLA petrol as an upgrade from the jetta, And he completely said,"First of all its not an upgrade", Sure it might be in some ways, But the jetta offers a lot at half of the price of the CLA, Sure 180PS of petrol power is good, To which my dad clearly said remap the jetta and get proper shoes, If not more you would get performance close to what the CLA petrol offers, Even the length of the car, The space inside, It just can't be justified and in the end, He is right in every way! So the struggle to find the,"Proper" upgrade from the jetta continues, If nothing comes up in the next few months, Ill have to settle with a pre worshipped 530D, Lets see how things goes, For now let me shatter the dreams of owning the Red CLA Petrol..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks